OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 03:17:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Makes you wonder  (Read 1301 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: May 08, 2005, 09:31:40 PM »

This poor child could not catch a break. She is removed from her mother's house for neglect and abuse and is sent to live with her natural father who beats her death because she spilled a bucket of mop water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hagerstown, Md. (AP) - Pretrial motions are scheduled Monday in Hagerstown for a man charged with beating his three-year-old daughter to death.

Hagerstown police say Scott Patterson killed Madyson King on October 25th after she knocked over a bucket of mop water.

Investigators believe Patterson had been smoking marijuana. In the eight months before Madyson's death, the local social-services agency initiated four investigations into suspicions of child abuse or neglect.

One of the probes found evidence of neglect, and Madyson moved from her mother and stepfather's home to live with Patterson, her natural father.

Washington County Social Services officials have defended the way the case was handled. The state says the local office appears to have done its best.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 09:32:12 PM by TomS » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 09:59:44 PM »

Pious plattitudes don't usually help the victims or their families and we are trained at seminary not to use them, but I think a platitude can help us who are not close but still care: Jesus said let the little children come to me, and this baby was taken to God before she could ever fall.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 08:25:53 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 07:08:09 AM »

Sad

+Ü-ì-ü+¦+¦ +¦+++¦+»-â++++.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 08:42:09 PM »

Prayers especially for the little girl, but also for the one who killed her, despite it being so hard to do so (for me at least, due to my hard heart).

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

Amen.  Lord, have mercy.

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 12:44:48 PM »

This is just horrible. If it were up to me the father should have done to him what he did to his daughter, but hey that's just me. I'm sure the degenerates will come to his aid and tell us all that the father is misunderstood and all he needs is counceling... :flame:

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: