OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 03:59:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wicca, Shamanism, Animism...  (Read 1924 times) Average Rating: 0
Milliardo
Saviour Gundam Pilot

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

Saviour Gundam Pilot

Milliardo
« on: May 08, 2005, 07:47:02 AM »

Well, those sort of stuff. As I said in another thread, how many here have dabbled in these things, and how did you eventually quit from it? I was into Wicca a few years back. Just like most here who went into it probably, it was more out of curiousity than actually being convinced it's the "true path". I was never in a coven or such; for those familiar with the terms, I was a solitary practitioner. Maybe it was by God's grace I never really found a coven or a group who practiced it here, or else it might have been more difficult to walk away from it. I could never reconcile Wicca with my Christian Faith; it just wasn't right. I never felt it right. Somehow I feel I was tapping into something evil, something that might take hold of me before long and totally possess me. I do not want that. So I stopped before it completely overwhelmed me. Of course Wiccans might tell you it's not evil, that they don't do the rituals and the magic for evil. But I can't get that out of my mind: the strangeness of it all, the use of such things as wands and the magic circle and all those things. It's not right.
mango

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 06:16:10 PM »

I had practiced Shamanism for a couple of years. Not realy to find the truth but more with an 'whatever works' approach. At that time I was missusing substances, if I may say so, extensivly, and Shamanism aided me in taking even more. I was able to call power animals and all sorts of creatures to my help.
As we understand now, whatever powers are not with Christ, are against him. And, qick fix solutions don't exist. It is evil itself and very dangerous.
I try not to nurture any of the bad experiances I had by allowing them to dwell in my memory. If you oppose these thoughts with the clear and bright light of the paschal joy!
PhosZoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 05:22:31 PM »

Yes, I dabbled in Wicca, tarot cards,herbs,candles,talismans,spells and other sorts of "Betty Crocker" white magic or "majick".  like you I was a solitary practiioner I never joined a coven or really even talked about it much to people. No, the rituals you performed were not of the "right" faith. I assume you have moved on and been baptized and confessed these practices to your priest? You're not practicing these things now I assume? I know what it's like to carry the guilt around after being associated with those sorts of practices. With the help your spiritual father, start trying to move past your wiccan past and start being Orthodox.

We are sort of a rare convert; (wiccans and other _______New Age practice) not only are we checking the wiccan baggage at the door but checking all kinds of "christians are evil" baggage.

I hope I'm not missing your point and I hope you find healing.

In christ,
PZ
Marjorie

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 08:27:22 PM »

I also am a former Wiccan/pagan and I agree with PhosZoe that we have a different load of baggage to get over than most converts... it's odd.

Marjorie

"The land of God is wide and large enough to provide room for everyone if we are humans. If we act like brutes, then there will not be enough room even if there are only four of us."

- His Holiness Patriarch +PAVLE of Serbia
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: