OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 06:37:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: " let no man despise thy youth" (1 Timothy 4:12)  (Read 843 times) Average Rating: 0
eliasmok

a pure heart grant me O Lord

« on: May 07, 2005, 06:56:40 AM »

Dear brothers and sisters
love in Christ

the main purpose of this poll is to light over the youth activity in the orthodox world in todays life. what i mean by Youth ACTIVITY is everything that is in relation to groups, organisations, mouvements...etc or any other form of actual youth efforts (orthodox youth) in participating in the real life of the Holy Church: spreading the Holy teachings of the Bible, social work, or any services that may help the church in a direct or indirect way. what are the obstacles facing it? is there any planning to establish Youth associations or groups to serve this purpose? is there any support? what about the commitment of the youth? what do u think about youth efforts....?

hopefully, this will serve, in a way or in another, to give us a wider perspective and a general view on this matter...

thank you for any idea you share with us.

Love in Jesus Christ
eliasmok.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 07:00:57 AM by eliasmok » Logged
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 11:41:28 AM »

My parish at home has the kids involved in small parish activities, let's them put on shows and plays and sing songs every once in a while. The education is steady and the Church School teachers are pretty knowledgable. In talking to one teen at my parish, it seems the only thing they really look forward to doing regarding the church is going to Antiochian Village in the summer  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 11:41:48 AM by MsGuided » Logged

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: