OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 07:34:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Date Rape Drug Detecting Nail Polish  (Read 3307 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »

At least nicotine makes you feel good.

Too bad that doesn't apply to those around you.

Neither does soda, especially if it makes you obese and your husband or wife finds you unattractive, or worse off, you die from obesity and leave them widowed. But at least smokeless tobacco doesn't affect those around you. I'm just saying that soda is an unhealthy habit, even 1 can a day has serious repercussions. It's amazing that they let kids consume this stuff but you have to be 18 to buy tobacco.

It's even more amazing (in a stupid way) that you have to be 21 to have alcohol. No wonder kids think it's heavenly nectar and lose all sense of measure.

Yeah, and that you could buy a long gun like a rifle or shotgun at 18 but you can't buy a case of beer until you're 21.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »

so skinny and jawless......that's the ticket....
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek *and* Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Happy Holidays!

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:22 PM »

so skinny and jawless......that's the ticket....

Girls get to do the skinny and noseless thing. Well matched, I say.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from reporting
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

Having one soda a day will not kill me and I find it funny that you of all people are lecturing me on healthy habits.

Well 1 can of soda a day can cause you to gain 10-15.6 pounds a year. I know because I used to be fat when I was a kid. Now I'm slender and skinny, and I credit a good deal of it to quitting the soda habit. And the clear acne-free skin is another major plus.

Soda is a very unhealthy habit that not even I would go back to.

I limit myself to one Coke a day, drink mostly water with lemon, have clear skin, and am in decent shape.

Your issues are not mine.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »

Having one soda a day will not kill me and I find it funny that you of all people are lecturing me on healthy habits.

Well 1 can of soda a day can cause you to gain 10-15.6 pounds a year. I know because I used to be fat when I was a kid. Now I'm slender and skinny, and I credit a good deal of it to quitting the soda habit. And the clear acne-free skin is another major plus.

Soda is a very unhealthy habit that not even I would go back to.

I limit myself to one Coke a day, drink mostly water with lemon, have clear skin, and am in decent shape.

Sadly this is not true.

He makes his issues ALL of ours.  Constantly and persistently.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2014, 08:44:26 PM »

Oh, yes, my brother puts a little alcohol of choice (brandy) into his Pepsi, and then drinks it all day long. Then he smiles and quotes from his favorite Apostle, St. Paul. He now pedals a bicycle. I wonder if riding a bike while drunk is considered a violation by the Police.

Sounds like he's living the good life.

Please pray for him. He is in delusion.

I agree, I hate Pepsi. Most people my age prefer it to Coke but I don't - always been a Coke fan.

That stuff will kill you; you should switch to coffee and nicotine instead. I haven't touched a drop of soda in 2 years.

I have severe asthma, James. I think I'll take my chances with having a Coke once in a while instead of smoking. I also enjoy having white teeth, good skin, and good breath.
Vanity, vanity, all is vanity.

Rotten teeth and foul smelling breath is the sign of true godliness.

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

This is where I choose to tread

« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2014, 08:57:24 PM »

I have a friend who went to a club with his friend, a real macho guy. He got slipped a roofie and completely lost all impulse control. Assaulted someone and then drove off in his car (fortunately, no one was seriously hurt), despite my friend trying to restrain him.

I know it makes more sense to target this product at women, but men are sometimes the unintentional (or intentional) victims of drugging. It would be nice to see a "sister" ("brother") product that also detects the drug, without asking men to wear nail polish or grab the nearest hand that does.
How does that happen?  Roofies are sedatives.   Huh

I thought so too, but according to a scientific article:

Benzodiazepines are sedatives used for anxiolysis, hypnosis, muscle relaxation and the treatment of epilepsy. Paradoxical reactions including agitation, talkativeness, confusion, disinhibition, aggression, violent behavior and loss of impulse control may, however, occur in some subjects. It has been claimed that high doses of flunitrazepam ["roofies"] may cause aggression on a more regular basis in all individuals.

Also I don't like where this thread is going and I hope we can stay on topic. Embarrassed

I am prone to bouts of sarcasm. Please forgive me if my posts have offended you.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »

I have a friend who went to a club with his friend, a real macho guy. He got slipped a roofie and completely lost all impulse control. Assaulted someone and then drove off in his car (fortunately, no one was seriously hurt), despite my friend trying to restrain him.

I know it makes more sense to target this product at women, but men are sometimes the unintentional (or intentional) victims of drugging. It would be nice to see a "sister" ("brother") product that also detects the drug, without asking men to wear nail polish or grab the nearest hand that does.
How does that happen?  Roofies are sedatives.   Huh

I thought so too, but according to a scientific article:

Benzodiazepines are sedatives used for anxiolysis, hypnosis, muscle relaxation and the treatment of epilepsy. Paradoxical reactions including agitation, talkativeness, confusion, disinhibition, aggression, violent behavior and loss of impulse control may, however, occur in some subjects. It has been claimed that high doses of flunitrazepam ["roofies"] may cause aggression on a more regular basis in all individuals.

Also I don't like where this thread is going and I hope we can stay on topic. Embarrassed

I agree.

I think that this nail polish is colorless and could be worn by men too. Apparently it is not as durable as regular nail polish and is only good for a few hours.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:12:23 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
lovesupreme
OC.net guru

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2014, 12:07:59 AM »

I think that this nail polish is colorless and could be worn by men too.

You know, I thought of this just as I finished posting and hopped into the shower. Good point.

I am prone to bouts of sarcasm. Please forgive me if my posts have offended you.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »

Why don't they just make a vial with a dropper where you can drop a single droplet into your drink and it will change color if it is contaminated with date rape drugs? That way it wouldn't be useless after a couple hours and men would be able to use it. Or if that's too hard, sealed, disposable paper strips that you stick inside your drink after removing the seal?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:18:03 AM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2014, 12:24:08 AM »

Why don't they just make a vial with a dropper where you can drop a single droplet into your drink and it will change color if it is contaminated with date rape drugs?

^ THAT would be too obvious, and the reactants would probably render the drink unsafe or simply awful in taste.

While the bottle of nail polish would be small enough to carry in one's purse, the nail polish would take a few minutes to dry.

Or if that's too hard, sealed, disposable paper strips that you stick inside your drink?

However, the idea of using paper test strips might be doable if the woman were to take her drink to the restroom. Otherwise, using a paper test strip in public would be too obvious.

I have seen women stick their fingers in their drinks to retrieve a cherry or olive, so this behavior is not suspicious, but if a woman's behavior is suspicious, then the date-rape suspect might turn violent upon being discovered.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:28:10 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2014, 12:25:06 AM »

I was just trying to be helpful. I used to be big and know what it's like. But if you want to gain 10-15 pounds a year--something I don't think you can afford--go ahead.

He makes his issues ALL of ours.  Constantly and persistently.

Well, you know you could simply avoid my threads and posts instead of always complaining about me everywhere I go. At least other unnamed members on here had the courtesy to add me to their block list and request a way to totally block users on here via the Facebook group. You just add fuel to the fire.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2014, 12:26:43 AM »

Why don't they just make a vial with a dropper where you can drop a single droplet into your drink and it will change color if it is contaminated with date rape drugs? That way it wouldn't be useless after a couple hours and men would be able to use it. Or if that's too hard, sealed, disposable paper strips that you stick inside your drink after removing the seal?

^ THAT would be too obvious, and the reactants would probably render the drink unsafe or simply awful in taste.

While the bottle of nail polish would be small enough to carry in one's purse, the nail polish would take a few minutes to dry. However, the idea of using paper test strips might be doable. Yet, once again, using a paper test strip would be too obvious.

I have seen women stick their fingers in their drinks to retrieve a cherry or olive, so this behavior is not suspicious, but if a woman's behavior is suspicious, then the date-rape suspect might turn violent upon being discovered.

Why would the obviousness matter? If the man isn't a rapist then he should have nothing to feel worried about.

They could design the paper strips where instead of sticking them into the drink, you wet your finger with the drink and then touch the strip, or pour a drop of the drink onto the strip or something. That way the rest of the drink is still drinkable.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2014, 12:29:19 AM »

...then the date-rape suspect might turn violent upon being discovered.

Ah yes, didn't think of this. However, I imagine that if they're in an open place with a lot of people, the odds of that happening are slim. If they're alone somewhere...well, you probably shouldn't be alone somewhere with a stranger in the first place.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:17 AM »

I don't know what people do not understand about there being no 'block list' except for PM's....

so there is absolutely Zero point in adding anyone to that unless they are harassing you via PM.

Sadly you still have to see their posts....and a block feature in a forum is less then useful, since people quote others and then you see it.

Not sure why that seems so hard for so many people to get....
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »

I don't know what people do not understand about there being no 'block list' except for PM's....

so there is absolutely Zero point in adding anyone to that unless they are harassing you via PM.

Sadly you still have to see their posts....and a block feature in a forum is less then useful, since people quote others and then you see it.

The way I see it is if people don't like it they don't have to come here. As long as our behavior is not against the rules then nothing else matters.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »

The way I see it is if people don't like it they don't have to come here. As long as our behavior is not against the rules then nothing else matters.

Precisely.

So cease to tell me to 'Well, you know you could simply avoid my threads and posts instead of always complaining about me everywhere I go.'

since that is my right as well.....
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2014, 12:35:39 AM »

While the bottle of nail polish would be small enough to carry in one's purse, the nail polish would take a few minutes to dry. However, the idea of using paper test strips might be doable. Yet, once again, using a paper test strip would be too obvious.

Why would the obviousness matter? If the man isn't a rapist then he should have nothing to feel worried about.

They could design the paper strips where instead of sticking them into the drink, you wet your finger with the drink and then touch the strip, or pour a drop of the drink onto the strip or something. That way the rest of the drink is still drinkable.

If the man is a date-rapist, then the woman would be in an awkward situation. A test strip would be too obvious, and even her dipped fingernail would change colors. I can see her try to explain: "Oh, I must have accidentally dipped my finger in cranberry, blueberry juice or something like that. Yeah! Let me go to the restroom and freshen up."

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2014, 12:42:57 AM »

Precisely.

So cease to tell me to 'Well, you know you could simply avoid my threads and posts instead of always complaining about me everywhere I go.'

Actually it's not if it takes the thread off topic which is against the rules, something you've consistently been doing every time you complain about me when I post.

* Keep Threads on Target -- For the forum-challenged, a thread is a sequence of postings, or messages, related to a primary topic.  For purposes of continuity and consistency, please keep ALL threads on target to their original purpose.  If you want to deviate, start a new thread.

lovesupreme
OC.net guru

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:39 AM »

Can we please stick to the topic? I don't think any one who has recently posted is qualified to enforce the rules here.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2014, 12:46:19 AM »

Can we please stick to the topic? I don't think any one who has recently posted is qualified to enforce the rules here.

Yes.

Okay, here is a somewhat different idea.

What about a smartphone app that can detect date rape drugs via the camera on your phone? That can be done discreetly since most people check up on their smartphones all the time.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »

Has anyone actually used Rohypnol here? I have both intentionally and have been dosed. You gotta have a high tolerance for sodium. You don't need nail polish.

The date rape drug is alcohol. If someone has been slipped a mickey and can't tell, they should have long stopped drinking before then.

Thanks to my high tolerance for such substances I noticed when I was dosed sober. I got a little high, that was all. I also wondered why my cranberry and tonic tasted like someone dumped a salt shaker into it.

Forget the forensic nail polish and skip the binge drinking.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:48:38 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2014, 12:47:54 AM »

Pro Tip on not getting raped: Don't have a family or anyone you trust. They will likely be doing the raping. Not some stranger.

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »

Yes.

What about a smartphone app that can detect date rape drugs via the camera on your phone? That can be done discreetly since most people check up on their smartphones all the time.

A camera can take a picture of the drink, and the dip test being done with one's finger, and the immediate color change. This might be able to be used as evidence in court, unless the rapist-suspect grabs the phone and disables it. You have got to realize that a date-rapist has the potential to kill his intended victim. It has happened.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:38 AM »

Well, you know you could simply avoid my threads and posts instead of always complaining about me everywhere I go. At least other unnamed members on here had the courtesy to add me to their block list and request a way to totally block users on here via the Facebook group. You just add fuel to the fire.

This forum isn't connected to Facebook.

Plus, having more than one identity on Facebook isn't allowed either.

On Facebook people connect using their real names and identities. We ask that you refrain from publishing the personal information of others without their consent. Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts undermines community and violates Facebook's terms.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2014, 12:51:31 AM »

Yes.

A camera can take a picture of the drink, and the dip test being done with one's finger, and the immediate color change. This might be able to be used as evidence in court, unless the rapist-suspect grabs the phone and disables it. You have got to realize that a date-rapist has the potential to kill his intended victim. It has happened.

My advise, and I know a woman who has been raped, I posted about it here, worry about stuff that is likely to happen to harm you: car accidents, falling, the everyday stuff.

Sexual violence happens like all violence: under conditions which you had more control over than you realize, or under conditions which you had a lot less control than you realized.

You can sorta work on the former but not much to do about the latter.

Mor Ephrem
NO TENURE FOR DEPONIO!!
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2014, 12:53:37 AM »

I was just trying to be helpful. I used to be big and know what it's like. But if you want to gain 10-15 pounds a year--something I don't think you can afford--go ahead.

I can't imagine why women are not throwing themselves at you like so many pounds from the past. 

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »

Has anyone actually used Rohypnol here? I have both intentionally and have been dosed. You gotta have a high tolerance for sodium. You don't need nail polish.

The date rape drug is alcohol. If someone has been slipped a mickey and can't tell, they should have long stopped drinking before then.

Thanks to my high tolerance for such substances I noticed when I was dosed sober. I got a little high, that was all. I also wondered why my cranberry and tonic tasted like someone dumped a salt shaker into it.

A woman did that to your drink? Interesting. Did you bring it up to her?

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2014, 12:55:34 AM »

I can't imagine why women are not throwing themselves at you like so many pounds from the past. 

Bottom line, is there a photo of kelly around here? JamesR could be right.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2014, 12:56:25 AM »

It was likely a guy, like 99.99999999999999999%. It was a gay bar, though half the people there were women.

Mor Ephrem
NO TENURE FOR DEPONIO!!
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"And you shall call his name Jesus..."

« Reply #120 on: August 26, 2014, 12:57:31 AM »

Or he could be JamesR.

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.

Please, James, tell us more about women!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #121 on: August 26, 2014, 12:57:36 AM »

Yes.

My advise, and I know a woman who has been raped, I posted about it here, worry about stuff that is likely to happen to harm you: car accidents, falling, the everyday stuff.

Sexual violence happens like all violence: under conditions which you had more control over than you realize, or under conditions which you had a lot less control than you realized.

We are Orthodox Christians, and St. Peter in his first Apostolic Epistle strongly advises that we be sober and watchful. Drunkenness has no place in our lives.

If we want to date another, we should really be meeting with them while in the company of relatives and trustworthy friends who are also SOBER and WATCHFUL.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #122 on: August 26, 2014, 01:00:40 AM »

Yes.

We are Orthodox Christians, and St. Peter in his first Apostolic Epistle strongly advises that we be sober and watchful. Drunkenness has no place in our lives.

If we want to date another, we should really be meeting with them while in the company of relatives and trustworthy friends who are also SOBER and WATCHFUL.

Sounds reasonable to me. But good luck getting perverse Americans anywhere near having sex / romance without liquor.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #123 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:06 AM »

It was likely a guy, like 99.99999999999999999%. It was a gay bar, though half the people there were women.

Well, at least he had good taste  Grin What's your advice to someone who is being raped? Should they 100% comply with their offender or should they resist violently?

Like 2 or 3 in the thread with pictures of members.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:03:08 AM by JamesR » Logged

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #124 on: August 26, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »

Well, at least he had good taste  Grin What's your advice to someone who is being raped? Should they 100% comply with their offender or should they resist violently?

Pretend to comply and then reach down, grab their hanging thingies, pull down hard, and twist it at the same time. The guy will pass out. If he does not, punch him hard in the eyes, and give him a swift kick to the groin for double measure.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:04:05 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #125 on: August 26, 2014, 01:06:42 AM »

Well, at least he had good taste  Grin What's your advice to someone who is being raped? Should they 100% comply with their offender or should they resist violently?

Advice to rape victims.

If I had a daughter or son going off to places where this is more likely to happen.

Submit.

Also couple that without the absurd moralizing about sex. Most the problems of being the victim of sexual violence isn't the act itself, it is actually the shame by proxy you get for being the victim of such a "terrible thing".

People who are sexualized "against their will" but don't feel much shame about the situation have much better outcomes than those who feel tainted and violated, often cause of the social cues they have grown up with and how insane people react about the matter.

When the I knew was raped, I was nutz. I wanted to kill or have the guy killed who did it, but after speaking with experts in the area, it was clear I should keep those feelings to myself or share them with others and just take it one day at a time with the woman and not make a big deal about it.

But when you got people, like on this board, who think kissing is some ultimate fall from purity or God forbid sex, just imagine the head trip rape creates.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #126 on: August 26, 2014, 01:08:24 AM »

Pretend to comply and then reach down, grab their hanging thingies, pull down hard, and twist it at the same time. The guy will pass out. If he does not, punch him hard in the eyes, and give him a swift kick to the groin for double measure.

Maria I can render grown men larger than me unconscious before they know it. Woman aren't going to stand a chance of that sorta nonsense working. And I am an ailing shell of my former self and not a rapist who lies in wait to reek incredible violence on someone unaware and half their size.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #127 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:57 AM »

Advice to rape victims.

If I had a daughter or son going off to places where this is more likely to happen.

Submit.

Also couple that without the absurd moralizing about sex. Most the problems of being the victim of sexual violence isn't the act itself, it is actually the shame by proxy you get for being the victim of such a "terrible thing".

People who are sexualized "against their will" but don't feel much shame about the situation have much better outcomes than those who feel tainted and violated, often cause of the social cues they have grown up with and how insane people react about the matter.

When the I knew was raped, I was nutz. I wanted to kill or have the guy killed who did it, but after speaking with experts in the area, it was clear I should keep those feelings to myself or share them with others and just take it one day at a time with the woman and not make a big deal about it.

But when you got people, like on this board, who think kissing is some ultimate fall from purity or God forbid sex, just imagine the head trip rape creates.

Oh yeah, rape kit, and those prophylactics for HIV and whatever else they can pump you with.

I don't think rapists are known to be clean partners.

orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #128 on: August 26, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »

Advice to rape victims.

Submit.

Oh yeah, rape kit, and those prophylactics for HIV and whatever else they can pump you with.

I don't think rapists are known to be clean partners.

Also, shooting the guy in the back when he walking away would be OK in my book. Or whenever. It's not Christian, just sane.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2014, 01:13:31 AM »

Precisely.

Actually it's not if it takes the thread off topic which is against the rules, something you've consistently been doing every time you complain about me when I post.

* Keep Threads on Target -- For the forum-challenged, a thread is a sequence of postings, or messages, related to a primary topic.  For purposes of continuity and consistency, please keep ALL threads on target to their original purpose.  If you want to deviate, start a new thread.
Does anyone know what the topic of this thread is anymore?

James, you can report the post to the moderators if you think it a violation of the rules. Playing moderator like this to defend yourself, however, is as unacceptable as the behavior you're confronting, if not more so, IMO.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2014, 01:17:27 AM »

Precisely.

James, you can report the post to the moderators if you think it a violation of the rules. Playing moderator like this to defend yourself, however, is as unacceptable as the behavior you're confronting, if not more so, IMO.

Date Rape and Criticizing JamesR. The latter being pretty much a topic of any thread he posts in. Strange that he and Maria can receive such acrimony over so little, while other's enjoy a degree of freedom from it.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2014, 01:18:22 AM »

Precisely.

Date Rape and Criticizing JamesR. The latter being pretty much a topic of any thread he posts in. Strange that he and Maria can receive such acrimony over so little, while other's enjoy a degree of freedom from it.
James and Maria invite it.
orthonorm
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2014, 01:22:24 AM »

Precisely.

* Keep Threads on Target -- For the forum-challenged, a thread is a sequence of postings, or messages, related to a primary topic.  For purposes of continuity and consistency, please keep ALL threads on target to their original purpose.  If you want to deviate, start a new thread.

So do others and yet they have some shield from it. Reminds me, gotta note about Fr. H needing a little help.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:22:41 AM by orthonorm » Logged

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:59 AM »

Precisely.

* Keep Threads on Target -- For the forum-challenged, a thread is a sequence of postings, or messages, related to a primary topic.  For purposes of continuity and consistency, please keep ALL threads on target to their original purpose.  If you want to deviate, start a new thread.

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos save us.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:36:10 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2014, 01:30:29 AM »

The best way to prevent date rape:

1. Do not get drunk or accept any drinks. Do not be lazy -- get your own non alcoholic drink.

2. Do not meet strangers especially at bars.

3. Always be with friends and relatives you can trust.

4. Never be alone even with a friend or relative.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:33:34 AM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags: dating rape 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: