Author Topic: Interesting discussion from which we could all probably benefit  (Read 779 times)

Offline jmbejdl

• Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
  • guru
  • Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava
Hristos a-nviat!

I found the following link to a discussion held by Fr. Andrew at Felixstowe Orthodox Church on his website. He was talking with several of his parishioners, from various jurisidictions, over Pascha this year and I think the discussion brought up some very good points, particularly on Orthodox unity and the problems of Orthodox parishes in the west:

Let me know what you think. Personally, I wish we could all act more like Fr. Andrew's parishioners here, rather than following Fr. Andrew's (accurately observed, I'd say) impression of the weakness of the Romanians - arguing over pointless trivialities. I also like his observation on the English, our problem being that we have 'tea in our veins'. Obviously, this is figurative - but thank goodness I prefer coffee!

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos

Offline BrotherAidan

• guru
Re: Interesting discussion from which we could all probably benefit
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »
Wonderful discussion
Thanks for posting it