OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:06:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting discussion from which we could all probably benefit  (Read 640 times) Average Rating: 0
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« on: May 05, 2005, 04:01:07 AM »

Hristos a-nviat!

I found the following link to a discussion held by Fr. Andrew at Felixstowe Orthodox Church on his website. He was talking with several of his parishioners, from various jurisidictions, over Pascha this year and I think the discussion brought up some very good points, particularly on Orthodox unity and the problems of Orthodox parishes in the west:

http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/easterng.htm

Let me know what you think. Personally, I wish we could all act more like Fr. Andrew's parishioners here, rather than following Fr. Andrew's (accurately observed, I'd say) impression of the weakness of the Romanians - arguing over pointless trivialities. I also like his observation on the English, our problem being that we have 'tea in our veins'. Obviously, this is figurative - but thank goodness I prefer coffee!

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »

Wonderful discussion
Thanks for posting it
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: