OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 17, 2014, 03:19:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syriac Orthodox Church celebrated Easter  (Read 932 times) Average Rating: 0
Thomas Daniel (Reji)
Chevalier
Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Malankara Archdiocese of Syriac Orthodox Church

Proud to say belongs to Syriac Orthodox Church

« on: May 05, 2005, 03:36:17 AM »

Syriac Orthodox Christians (excluding Malankara Archdiocese)who follow the Julian calendar on Sunday celebrated Easter by holding masses and performing prayers and preachers.

At the Saint Georges Syriac Orthodox Church, Damascus, Holy Qurbono was celebrated by His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All The East, the Supreme spiritual leader of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church.

H.H performed the Easter sermon and talked about the meanings of sacrifice and the Christ's noble principles of amity, fraternity and peace. He also touched upon the sublime values of Easter and the divine message conveyed by Christ for salvation of humanity as a whole.

Patriarch Iwas referred to the sufferings of the Iraqi and Palestinian peoples living under the occupation.

H.H extended congratulations to President Bashar Al Assad. H.H also extended similar greetings to President Emile Lahoud and to the brotherly people of Lebanon.

In this respect President Bashar delegated Minister of Presidential Affairs, Ghassan Laham to congratulate the Christian denominations that follow the Julian Calendar on the occasion of Easter.

Laham visited H.H and conveyed to him President Al -Assad’s felicitations and best wishes.

Laham paid a similar visit to Patriarch of Roman Orthodox, Patriarch H.B Ignatius IV.

Religious affairs Minister, Ziyad Eddin al-Ayyoubi also visited the spiritual leaders of the Christian sects and offered them his congratulations on the occasion of Easter.

During the meeting both sides exchanged talks on sublime meanings of feasts and its role in deepening the religious fraternity, enhancing the national unity and spreading love and peace among all peoples.

Oh.. Morth Mariam Yoldath Aloho (Mother Of God)Pray For Us
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 09:38:19 AM »

Congratulations, brother!

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags: Syriac Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: