Author Topic: Looking for an article by Metropolitan emeritus Maximos of Pittsburgh  (Read 685 times)

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
I was reading a book by Fr. Tadros Malaty, and he referenced what I believe was an article that seemed to criticize the Roman Catholic view of the "development of doctrine".  It's called "Continuity and Renewal: Understanding and Confessing today, whilst the sources, the doctrine of the Holy Trinity taught in the Creed, in the Churches with a Greco-Roman cultural and philosophical background" (I'm not kidding, that's what Fr. Tadros has it as).  Fr. Tadros wrote his book in 1991, so whatever he read from Metropolitan Maximos was probably earlier, and it sounded like it was in the setting of an ecumenical discussion with Roman Catholics.

So, if anyone has any idea where I can find this article, I would be most obliged.  Thank you.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
  • It's raw!
Re: Looking for an article by Metropolitan emeritus Maximos of Pittsburgh
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
A quick search of various parts of the title and various parts of the text didn't bring up much for me (though it was also quoted on oc.net before)...  :-\

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Looking for an article by Metropolitan emeritus Maximos of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
A quick search of various parts of the title and various parts of the text didn't bring up much for me (though it was also quoted on oc.net before)...  :-\
Ya, this post is where I get my interest for the paper from.  EA and I read the same source that lead me to making this thread.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.