Author Topic: Canon 4 of The First Vatican Council on Faith and some Catholics today.  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Sam G

• OC.net guru
  • One Rome to rule them all.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
Re: Canon 4 of The First Vatican Council on Faith and some Catholics today.
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:48 PM »
Raylight, from personal experience, most Catholics don't even know what a canon is; let alone care about its implications on their personal belief. There's a definite "that was then, this is now" attitude when you bring up dusty old rules.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:56:24 PM by Sam G »
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too
Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
Yes, I was banned in a Catholic forum.  :police: The forum is very well known for the large number of banned members.

However, it is very different here, I remember seeing only 2 members that are banned, which means...

OC.Net is the land of freedom in the world of the internet.  ;D

Yeah, I'm banned from OC.net too, but I would have to say that it was because of the bad behavior of my more youthful years.

That being said, yes, there is a great deal more freedom of expression here at oc.net.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Raylight

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 04:51:54 AM »
I like Raylight. I hope he comes back.  :)

You are missed.

I'm back. I'm glad to see your comments guys :)

Hi, Raylight. Hope you've been all right. :)

Hi biro :)  I'm fine so far.

Raylight

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2014, 04:53:05 AM »
Raylight, from personal experience, most Catholics don't even know what a canon is; let alone care about its implications on their personal belief. There's a definite "that was then, this is now" attitude when you bring up dusty old rules.

True, I've heard that many times.

Raylight

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2014, 04:54:28 AM »
Yes, I was banned in a Catholic forum.  :police: The forum is very well known for the large number of banned members.

However, it is very different here, I remember seeing only 2 members that are banned, which means...

OC.Net is the land of freedom in the world of the internet.  ;D

Yeah, I'm banned from OC.net too CA.com, but I would have to say that it was because of the bad behavior of my more youthful years.

That being said, yes, there is a great deal more freedom of expression here at oc.net.

Fixed ;)