Author Topic: H.G. Bishop David Video  (Read 691 times)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
H.G. Bishop David Video
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:12 PM »
Hey folks.  I'm trying to find a video that used to be online, but has since apparently been moved or deleted.  It was H.G. Bishop David's response to Pope Benedict's idea that the Orthodox Church is "defective".  Can anyone point me towards it?  Thanks in advance.
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: H.G. Bishop David Video
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 03:52:44 PM »
When did he talk about this?  I haven't even heard of this discussion.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »
It was quite a few years ago now.  I guess like 2007 or 2008?  Whenever it was that Pope Benedict made the statement that Protestant churches weren't actually churches and that the Orthodox Church was a true church but was defective.  The reason I'm looking for it is because in it Sayedna gives a fantastic outline of Orthodox ecclesiology and how the Orthodox Church (not the Coptic Church alone, or some nebulous idea of generic "Christianity" inclusive of Protestants and whoever) is the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church spoken of in the Creed.  It was titled "The One Church" or something similar.  It's a must watch for Coptic youth and servants who think that Orthodoxy is "Egyptian Christianity" and Evangelicalism is "American Christianity".
I'm with the camp of 13 million Americans that believe politicians are, or are controlled by, Reptilians. I think only monks can solve this problem. It doesn't seem right that they prefer to ignore it.

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:10:59 PM »
July 2007:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19692094/ns/world_news-europe/t/pope-other-denominations-not-true-churches/#.U-lbFCg_0UU

msnbc.com news services
updated 7/10/2007 9:52:43 AM ET

LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy — Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.

Benedict approved a document from his old offices at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith that restates church teaching on relations with other Christians. It was the second time in a week the pope has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-65 meetings that modernized the church.