OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 11:09:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jesus prayer  (Read 1300 times) Average Rating: 0
eliasmok

a pure heart grant me O Lord

« on: April 30, 2005, 04:19:49 PM »

dear reader.. I am a brother trying to learn more about Jesus prayer which i began to practice not long ago.

i would be delighted if you can share with me any information about this issue.

how is it practiced?

you can share with me your experience also...

the Wisdom is by Consulting.
i am consulting you dear brother,,,, what do you reply?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 04:25:09 PM by eliasmok » Logged
lpap

I stopped participating in this forum.

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:05:25 PM »

You can find valuable information here: http://www.monachos.net/monasticism/jesus_prayer.shtml

Life is to live the life of others.
idontlikenames
I'm gonna be the next Matthew777 (whatever that means)

You forgot my briefcase

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 09:15:07 PM »

Does anyone have resources on how to practice the full, complete hesychastic method?  Notwithstanding the cliched advice that this should not be practice without the aid of a spiritual guide, staretzes are hard to come by these days.

Here's another good book: "The Jesus Prayer" by the man who calls himself "A Monk of the Eastern Church"

laa ilaah illa al-Maal wa Rothschild howa nabeehi
lpap

I stopped participating in this forum.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 02:48:22 AM »

Does anyone have resources on how to practice the full, complete hesychastic method? Notwithstanding the cliched advice that this should not be practice without the aid of a spiritual guide, staretzes are hard to come by these days.

Here's another good book: "The Jesus Prayer" by the man who calls himself "A Monk of the Eastern Church"

Dear friend idontlikenames,

It is absolutely impossible to "practice the full, complete hesychastic method" without having a guide. It can not be done by reading.

To "practice the full, complete hesychastic method" is a living experience and you have to be introduced into this experience by an already experienced guide. It is realy a "life" not a "method". Life is shared by alive people.

We are blind in our hearts and we need charismatic holy people that are already blessed by the Spirit to light our darkness. Otherwise we will make spiritual exercises in the dark. We can only except bumps from that kind of practice.

There is a superb book about Jesus prayer: A NIGHT IN THE DESERT OF THE HOLY MOUNTAIN where you can find many answers to reasonable questions.

Christ is risen.

Life is to live the life of others.
Tags: Jesus Prayer 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: