Author Topic: I LOVE EVERYBODY  (Read 1328 times)

Offline cizinec

• High Elder
  • There ain't no way but the hard way.
I LOVE EVERYBODY
« on: April 28, 2005, 12:32:24 PM »
In the spirit of keeping it nice through Holy Week, I just wanted to let y'all know that, although you may be Albanian, Latin, Jewish, Greek, Russian, Episcopelian/Anglican, Serb, or EVEN A YANKEE, I love ya.

Blessed Holy Week to all.  Keep up the fast, guys, we're almost there.

;D
"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
Re: I LOVE EVERYBODY
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:00:41 PM »
Thank you! I hope to someday be able to love all my brothers and sisters as well as you do now. I'm a Southerner at heart, having lived in VA, LA, and AR many years, and while transplanted here in Yankeeland, I try to not let the natives get to me.

You are also right about the fast nearing its end. Even now I find myself tempted to lose my patience or be testy in my arguments on OC.net. This is because our task is nearing completion and 'something' would love for us to break our discipline now...
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline ania

• Life according to Abe Simpson:
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 02:32:07 PM »
I've lived on God's side of the Patomoc for 3 years now, when can I start qualifying myself as an ex-Yank?  And do I have to give up my love of the New England Pats & Boston Redsox & New York Yankees to do so?
Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

Offline Matthew777

• Archon
  • Seek and ye shall find
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 02:37:05 PM »
In the spirit of keeping it nice through Holy Week, I just wanted to let y'all know that, although you may be Albanian, Latin, Jewish, Greek, Russian, Episcopelian/Anglican, Serb, or EVEN A YANKEE, I love ya.

Blessed Holy Week to all. Keep up the fast, guys, we're almost there.

;D

Yes! Yes! This is the love in Eastern Orthodoxy!  O0
He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 02:49:05 PM »
quote from ania:
when can I start qualifying myself as an ex-Yank?  And do I have to give up my love of the New England Pats & Boston Redsox & New York Yankees to do so?

Regardless of your worthwhile ambition to be an ex-Yank, I would immediately start giving up your love for those teams mentioned, just on general principles alone!  ;)
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline BrotherAidan

• OC.net guru
  • OC.net
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »
Kali Pascha everyone!

I lived in Greenville , SC for 7&1/2 wonderful years and love the Carolinas. I even married a southern girl from Greenville, born in Anderson, SC

Offline BrotherAidan

• OC.net guru
  • OC.net
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 03:00:08 PM »
But I'm still a Steelers and Penguins fan!

Offline cizinec

• High Elder
  • There ain't no way but the hard way.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 08:10:15 AM »
Ania, once a Yankee always a Yankee.  That's okay, though.  I love ya!
"Brother, your best friend ain't your Momma, it's the Field Artillery."