Author Topic: The Promised Land  (Read 446 times)

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
  • One God our Father & Yahshua the Messiah.
    • One GOD and One Messiah.
  • Faith: Christian Monotheism
  • Jurisdiction: Pro-Conservatism. Anti-liberalism.
The Promised Land
« on: July 26, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to know what how much land and what terroteries does God's Promised Land is meant to occupy in terms of modern times boundaries/countries/terretories? 

In Genesis 15:18-21 the boundary of the promised land is clarified in terms of the territory of various ancient peoples, as follows:

On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates - the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."

I would like to know what how much land and what terroteries does God's Promised Land is meant to occupy in terms of modern times boundaries/countries/terretories?

How far would Israel go to? Would it include terroteries like the whole of Gaza an the whle of West Bank?
I believe in One God- the Heavenly Father Yahweh-John 17:3,1 Corinthians 8:6
I believe in the Son of the Living God- Yahshua our Messiah-Matthew 16:16

Offline JamesLesser

Re: The Promised Land
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:30 PM »
I don't think that the promised land in terms of actual land mass has any more relevance in modern times.  The true promised land is not in this world but in heaven and the land that was once Israel is only a foreshadowing of the true promised land that is promised to each of Abraham's descendants, including us.

James
No longer posting.