OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 01:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Hate When This Happens  (Read 917 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: July 21, 2014, 11:11:10 PM »

Man Accidentally Uses Superglue Instead Of Sex Lube, Leaving Hand Stuck To Penis

...It was in the middle of the night the couple decided to have sex as the half-asleep man unconsciously reached out for what he thought would be lubricant...

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 11:13:58 PM »

Ummm.....I hear acetone/nail polish remover, dissolves superglue...

Poor guy.  Imagine heading to the hospital like that....how many jokes he had to endure.  Sad

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Aquensis

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 11:21:35 PM »

Poor guy.  Imagine heading to the hospital like that....how many jokes he had to endure.  Sad

Pouring acetone on your genitals is a bad idea.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »

So is supergluing your hand to them.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
converted viking

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 11:49:27 PM »

Oh come on everyone !  I thought this forum was supposed to be uplifting.  What does this have to do with Orthodox Christianity?  Good grief !!   Sheshhhhhhhhh,

Viking
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 11:56:15 PM »

Oh come on everyone !  I thought this forum was supposed to be uplifting.  What does this have to do with Orthodox Christianity?  Good grief !!   Sheshhhhhhhhh,

Viking

It's under "non-Religious topics" in the "Free-For-All" section of the website.  Pretty much, the section was made for "nothing to do with Orthodox Christianity" subjects that are non-religious in nature.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:23 AM »

This isn't particularly good advice. You might recommend using a temporarily drenched paper towel as an intermediary.
converted viking

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2014, 12:16:21 AM »

Viking

It's under "non-Religious topics" in the "Free-For-All" section of the website.  Pretty much, the section was made for "nothing to do with Orthodox Christianity" subjects that are non-religious in nature.

You are right but I can't but wonder what a visitor thinking about  Orthodox Christianity would think after seeing this on an Orthodox forum regardless of what the venue was titled.  Thanks.

Viking
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 12:29:09 AM »

Viking

You are right but I can't but wonder what a visitor thinking about  Orthodox Christianity would think after seeing this on an Orthodox forum regardless of what the venue was titled.  Thanks.

Viking

Some people want to share eclectic things - I've talked about favorite Interstate Highways and whether or not people think that Justin Bieber will outlive Jimi Hendrix.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 12:35:09 AM »

Sometimes we like talking about really kool scientific or medical discoveries.  Or favorite movies.  I think the point of this section, though it can be abused, is to show that Orthodox Christians are also people who are part of the culture they live in.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 12:42:15 AM »

Viking

Viking

This is a forum that until recently had a stickied thread on menstruation and church/communion. When I pointed out that maybe we were ready to unsticky it after years of no one commenting in it, someone objected to that. Thankfully someone still had the good sense to unsticky it and stop the forum from continuing to look crazy, at least as it relates to that particular thread. I'm pretty sure the general population would consider a thread like this one normal, and would also consider most of the theological and practical "Orthodox" stuff that gets talked about here strange and absurdly obscure and meaningless. Wink

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 12:52:36 AM »

Viking

Viking

This is a forum that until recently had a stickied thread on menstruation and church/communion. When I pointed out that maybe we were ready to unsticky it after years of no one commenting in it, someone objected to that. Thankfully someone still had the good sense to unsticky it and stop the forum from continuing to look crazy, at least as it relates to that particular thread. I'm pretty sure the general population would consider a thread like this one normal, and would also consider most of the theological and practical "Orthodox" stuff that gets talked about here strange and absurdly obscure and meaningless. Wink

No doubt. Tongue

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 12:59:46 AM »

Why are you all hating on menstruation, church, and Communion?  They're all great. 

Still posting.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

Mor Ephrem > Justin Kissel
LBK
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 01:01:21 AM »

Why are you all hating on menstruation, church, and Communion?  They're all great. 

Church and communion I agree, but menstruation? You know not of what you speak here, Mor.  Tongue
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:40 AM »

Church and communion I agree, but menstruation? You know not of what you speak here, Mor.  Tongue

That's why I think it's great!

Still posting.

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

LBK
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 01:23:06 AM »

Not funny, Mor.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 01:33:19 AM »

Not funny, Mor.

Oh, I don't know. I laughed. I'm happy to be a girl but I don't begrudge a man for being pleased not to have to deal with this particular issue. Tongue

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
LBK
Warned
Toumarches

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 01:37:09 AM »

Not funny, Mor.

Oh, I don't know. I laughed. I'm happy to be a girl but I don't begrudge a man for being pleased not to have to deal with this particular issue. Tongue

Heh. Give it another 25 years or so, and I bet you won't feel the same way.  Tongue Wink
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 01:45:55 AM »

Not funny, Mor.

Heh. Give it another 25 years or so, and I bet you won't feel the same way.  Tongue Wink

I know. :/

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 01:47:37 AM »

Sexism, this is your hour. 

Still posting.

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

Leave that no-account Oogie-Boogie out of this!

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 04:11:25 AM »

Not funny, Mor.

But they do have to deal with it. Just not in that way. And separately for each woman in their lives.  police

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2014, 04:16:45 AM »

First; kind of a stupid thread.

Second; oil would release super glue. You don't have to use acetone.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2014, 04:41:36 AM »

Sexism, this is your hour. 

You rang?

On a somewhat less sexist note, a woman is the most powerful creature there is. A wise man once told me that a woman is the only thing that can bleed for a week straight without dying--not even a grizzly or a rhino can do that.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »

Even seen a female dog in heat? 2 weeks of mess and constant whining.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:46:54 AM by Quinault » Logged
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »

Even seen a female dog in heat?

No, fortunately. I generally draw the line at frognography.

But for the record, Wolfdog hybrids are the best Smiley

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 04:48:04 AM »

I always wanted a hybrid. I don't want to deal with the coat. We had a friend with a hybrid. They shed A LOT several times a year.
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

She considereth a field, and buyeth it.

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 08:52:38 AM »

Liza, I think you know I could tell so many stories of the weird things that happen in a hospital. Stuff like this doesn't even surprise me anymore.

The fact that 'frognography' has entered the board lexicon is really hilarious.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
john_mo
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

Sounds like American Pie 2

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2014, 09:27:59 AM »

From now on I'm just going to skip the hassle of posting a link to news stories, and just post a blurb from it. It's not like anyone reads the stories anyway...  police

vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2014, 09:37:36 AM »

Acetone is great for removing paint, but not much on superglue.  I usually have to go over it with an exacto knife to get all the glue off.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »

How does one mistake the two?  Super glue bottles have a rather unique shape to them.

john_mo
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 09:46:54 AM »

How does one mistake the two?  Super glue bottles have a rather unique shape to them.

Like you're so perfect!  Angry

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »

The wife's reaction is priceless.  laugh

The man’s wife, in full panic mode, was “more concerned about making the dinner than [her husband’s] level of comfort,” Valente said.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:50:27 AM by TheTrisagion » Logged

converted viking

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »

I always wanted a hybrid. I don't want to deal with the coat. We had a friend with a hybrid. They shed A LOT several times a year.

Does your friend still have all of their fingers?  Wolf hybrids are dangerous and people that breed them are cruel.  These animals are both wild and domesticated at the same time and are confused, they do not know what to do with themselves.

Viking
converted viking

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 09:57:03 AM »

Viking

Viking

Some people want to share eclectic things - I've talked about favorite Interstate Highways and whether or not people think that Justin Bieber will outlive Jimi Hendrix.

This is not the same as the fascination that some have about Super Glue on some poor guys equipment.   Don't patronize me with stupid remarks like this!

Viking
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2014, 10:18:10 AM »

I think this is a grave medical concern that ought to have a study done on it.  Government funding is needed to determine how widespread this problem is.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

Smiley

Still posting.

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2014, 11:31:48 AM »

I think this is a grave medical concern that ought to have a study done on it.  Government funding is needed to determine how widespread this problem is.

Would you be willing to participate in said study? I always hear radio ads trying to get people to sign up to be test subjects and they seem to pay pretty well.

I would assume for this one you'd have to sign a waiver stating you won't sue if you lose your ability to, uh, participate in marital non-fasting.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2014, 11:33:31 AM »

Would you be willing to participate in said study? I always hear radio ads trying to get people to sign up to be test subjects and they seem to pay pretty well.

I would assume for this one you'd have to sign a waiver stating you won't sue if you lose your ability to, uh, participate in marital non-fasting.

If by participating you mean collect the money from the government, then yes.  If by participate you mean what I think you mean, then no. I elect Mor for that duty due to his already legendary asceticism.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »

Smiley

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 11:40:38 AM »

Smiley

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »

If by participating you mean collect the money from the government, then yes.  If by participate you mean what I think you mean, then no. I elect Mor for that duty due to his already legendary asceticism.

It really is legendary.  It's so fanciful and bereft of facts that no one believes it, not even me. 

Still posting.

A righteous son of India
O Holy Mor Ephrem,

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »

Viking

Viking

This is not the same as the fascination that some have about Super Glue on some poor guys equipment.   Don't patronize me with stupid remarks like this!

Viking

My apologies if you viewed my comments as patronizing.   angel
Aquensis

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 10:31:10 PM »

Acetone is great for removing paint, but not much on superglue.  I usually have to go over it with an exacto knife to get all the glue off.

Even more things you don't want near your genitals.
TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »

This probably goes outside of the bounds of decency, but superglue has great bonding strength, but not great shearing strength. The bond can easily be broken by moving the glued items in a perpendicular motion to the bond. For example, if you glue your fingers together, if you try to pull them apart, you will tear your skin. If you rub your fingers together, the bond easily breaks without much damage. In other words, well, I think you all can put the pieces together from here.  Lips Sealed

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »

But yeah, back on topic, this is why it is better to be uncircumcised as you don't need lubricant. I'm glad my parents left my genitals intact.

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »

But yeah, back on topic, this is why it is better to be uncircumcised as you don't need lubricant. I'm glad my parents left my genitals intact.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »

Yeah, double that^
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: