OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 14, 2014, 10:32:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you ask for Xanax for your dog?
Never. - 3 (42.9%)
No, but I cannot say never. - 2 (28.6%)
Maybe if his barking is disturbing neighbors - 0 (0%)
Yes, why not? - 1 (14.3%)
YES, I should not own this dog. - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you ask your vet for a prescription of Xanax for your dog?  (Read 654 times) Average Rating: 0
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »

Some females are truly hysterical, and this thread proved it.  Roll Eyes  Grin I wonder how many wars were started by women or were started because of women.  Shocked

I agree, rudeness is insulting, demeaning, embarrassing, and humiliating others.
To label a woman as "hysterical" is frequently done here at OC.net. I cannot provide examples without violating the rules, but you can search that term.

Excellent sleutheranism, Kelly!

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
DeniseDenise
Tiredness personified
Warned
Archon

Faith: Catechumen no more!
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »

clearly, this is all explainable by the fact that

a. there are females, who are truly hysterical trouble makers
and
b. there are women, who are angelic and it would be rude to imply they might cause trouble or be hysterical.

and since we have already been told to quit picking on a woman here......clearly that points to which is which
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:02:05 PM by DeniseDenise » Logged

Please secure your own oxygen mask before assisting other passengers.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2014, 07:04:45 PM »

Excellent sleutheranism, Kelly!

I think that's what Jaroslav Pelikan was before he converted.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:14 PM »

clearly, this is all explainable by the fact that

a. there are females, who are truly hysterical trouble makers
and
b. there are women, who are angelic and it would be rude to imply they might cause trouble or be hysterical.

and since we have already been told to quit picking on a woman here......clearly that points to which is which

On the contrary, did not PtA chastise you, kelly, and LBK for your officious trouble making?

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2014, 07:11:57 PM »

No.

But not because of the concerns of the article.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2014, 07:18:24 PM »

Please let us stop with the bickering, and get back on topic, which is, "Would you ask your vet for a prescription of Xanax for your dog?"

If you wish to discuss something other than that specific topic, please start a different thread.

Thank you.

Liza Symonenko
Global Moderator

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »

I would only do it if my vet recommended it.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2014, 08:16:56 PM »

I would only do it if my vet recommended it.

Thanks biro.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:10 PM »

Instead of everyone picking on Maria, why don't you simply ask TheTrisagion, why he posted the below remark?

There is no option to say I do not own a dog.

If I did own a dog, I would probably not give him Xanax. That stuff is expensive and I would keep it for myself.

TheTrisagion, I do hope that you, and everyone else, would use prescription drugs wisely, and ONLY if they were actually prescribed to YOU, and not to your dog.  Wink

I will tell you why I posted that remark.  Dog Xanax is so much better than people Xanax. Dog Xanax comes in awesome flavors like Bacon and Rawhide. I often go to my vet for medication, although I have to admit that he has started getting suspicious when I start asking for prescriptions of Percocet.  I have to come up with some excuse like my dog was working out and pulled a muscle in his back.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
kelly
Dissipation Nation
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2014, 08:36:58 PM »

Never change, dear Trisagion!

Tone 3

Awed by the beauty of perceptivity
And the exceeding sassiness of your commentary
OC.net stood amazed and cried to thee
Oh most wise Kelly,
Hail, thou, oh full of good taste
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2014, 10:14:54 PM »

Instead of everyone picking on Maria, why don't you simply ask TheTrisagion, why he posted the below remark?

There is no option to say I do not own a dog.

If I did own a dog, I would probably not give him Xanax. That stuff is expensive and I would keep it for myself.

TheTrisagion, I do hope that you, and everyone else, would use prescription drugs wisely, and ONLY if they were actually prescribed to YOU, and not to your dog.  Wink

I will tell you why I posted that remark.  Dog Xanax is so much better than people Xanax. Dog Xanax comes in awesome flavors like Bacon and Rawhide. I often go to my vet for medication, although I have to admit that he has started getting suspicious when I start asking for prescriptions of Percocet.  I have to come up with some excuse like my dog was working out and pulled a muscle in his back.

You are making me hungry.

One of my friends has a relative in a skilled nursing home, and they have put her nasty psychoactive medicine in her juice, yogurt, or desert. It absolutely wrecks the food and makes it taste very bitter. They tell her if she does not take her tablets, and they search the trash and floors, then they will either give it to her in her food or give her  an injection of Haldol. The Haldol is a wipeout, so she does not want that ever.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:15:53 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 10:28:21 PM »

I hate Nursing Homes.

They just drug the elderly so they don't complain.

My uncle was in one for about 4 weeks.  We visited him daily and I found out he was also being drugged.  He had suffered a stroke and the point was to rehabilitate him there....but, no...they would drug him into a quiet stupor.  When I saw the chart I questioned the nurse about it and she told me he was being belligerent.  I asked him about it, and he mumbled that he wanted to go to the restroom, and he couldn't move and nobody would come and so he was yelling for help....

I told her that I had his power of attorney and I forbade them giving him any drugs that would diminish his speech, etc.  After all, he's there to help him speak clearer....not to just lay there and sleep.

They didn't give him anything for a few days, and then again he was drugged.

Just like the pretty old ladies, sitting in their wheelchairs, with glassy eyes, and perfectly coiffed hair, in the hallway.  Every day, in the same location....just sitting there and waiting to die.

I hate those places.

When my mom had to go to one earlier this year for a couple of weeks after serious pneumonia, I took vacation time, and didn't leave her side for more than 5 minutes.  You'd be amazed what you can sleep on when you have to.

I actually caught a number of medical errors.  She was supposed to be on a diuretic, nope...nothing.  She was to get her diabetic meds....nothing....  I had to actually call back to the hospital to get the doctors to talk to the nurses, etc.

I understand how sad those places are...and how busy and understaffed....but, if you send a loved one, whom you truly wish to see live....you need to watch them like a hawk.

As for Xanax and dogs....if the vet prescribed it, and I had the funds with which to buy them, I would.  Your pets become like family...and you don't wish to see them suffer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:29:50 PM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: