Author Topic: Malaysian Plane shot down in Ukraine  (Read 603 times)

Offline Adela

• OC.net guru
Malaysian Plane shot down in Ukraine
« on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

A Malaysian passenger plane has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.

Lord, have mercy on all passengers and their familes.

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • "I’m da mo’ freakin’ top madam"
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
Re: Malaysian Plane shot down in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »
Lord have Mercy on those souls.

On another important note, there was another Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing not so long ago, MH370 which many Malaysians(me included) place blame on the government for delaying the relaying of information and whatnot. There's even been speculation at the time of the Malaysian Government being responsible, especially given the imprisonment of a popular political figure at the time, especially given that this political figure is contesting in a state by-election.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:50:51 PM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline Orest

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
It is also on FOX News and the BBC:

[K.T. McFarland, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan, and a Fox News national security analyst said it is most likely the attack was the work of Russian separatists, not the Russian or Ukrainian army.

“I think it’s far more likely it was rebel forces in eastern Ukraine trying to get the Russian back involved," McFarland said./quote]
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-jet-reportedly-crashes-in-ukraine/

Russia'n cmdr Strelkov commented on downed #MH17 (thinking it was Ukrainian): "We warned - do not fly in our skies" pic.twitter.com/hkXoaD3xvT

https://twitter.com/StateOfUkraine/status/489802664264212480/photo/1

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »

Lord, have mercy...and memory eternal to all the innocents who lost their lives.

So very sad....no matter the cause.
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Alpaca ministries
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
Lord have mercy! Those poor people - I hate plane crashes.
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

This user posts here but probably shouldn't.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »
Lord have mercy.

Offline wainscottbl

• Before the founder of this forum was, I AM
  • Archon
  • I came, I saw, I posted.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

On another important note, there was another Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing not so long ago, MH370 which many Malaysians(me included) place blame on the government for delaying the relaying of information and whatnot. There's even been speculation at the time of the Malaysian Government being responsible, especially given the imprisonment of a popular political figure at the time, especially given that this political figure is contesting in a state by-election.

Lord have mercy indeed and though only God knows the truth an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University expert on these matters has said that they are two different planes (EDIT: models) and there is likely not correlation between the crashes than the airline, which I am inclined to believe as an aviation geek with a morbid interest in airline crashes. MH370 was either a conspiracy as you explain or a mysterious crash, while this current case has to do with the crisis in Ukraine. God correct me if I am wrong. Sorry moderators. I shall open a thread or find the proper thread in the proper section. Just wanted to respond. Lord have mercy! Eternal memory to the victims!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:52:36 PM by wainscottbl »
I don't got one of those scanner thingees to put my John Hancock on here. Here is my Social Security Number though: XXX-XX-XXXX. Just figure out what the Xs mean.

Offline marigold

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »
Lord, have mercy.

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »
Lord have mercy.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος
ἐλέησον ἡμας

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »
Memory eternal.  :'(

Offline Gamliel

• Archon
  • ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστον βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »
LORD have mercy!

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »
May their memories be eternal. Lord, have mercy on their souls and on their families.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • "I’m da mo’ freakin’ top madam"
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »

Lord have mercy indeed and though only God knows the truth an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University expert on these matters has said that they are two different planes (EDIT: models) and there is likely not correlation between the crashes than the airline, which I am inclined to believe as an aviation geek with a morbid interest in airline crashes. MH370 was either a conspiracy as you explain or a mysterious crash, while this current case has to do with the crisis in Ukraine. God correct me if I am wrong. Sorry moderators. I shall open a thread or find the proper thread in the proper section. Just wanted to respond. Lord have mercy! Eternal memory to the victims!

As for MH17, I would agree that there isn't any correlation with the previous MH370 incident and it is caused by the crisis in Ukraine. However as for MH370, I do believe that the Malaysian government does have something to hide or is somehow responsible for its disappearance. The way it handled its disappearance and the time of occurrence all point to that direction. Prior to MH370's disappearance though, there have been many speculations about the government from rigging elections and widespread corruption.

Lord have mercy on their souls and their families.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:12:37 PM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:28 PM »
*sticks her hands over here ears since we are here in the Prayer forum*

Lord have Mercy!

and Memory Eternal for those lost, and God's comforting touch to  their families.

Offline littlepilgrim64

• High Elder
  • Choir Geeks of the World - Unite!!
  • Faith: Orthodox one day, DV
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »
"Blind of spiritual eyes, I come to You, O Christ, as did the man blind from his birth, and I cry to You in penitence: Have mercy on me O You who illumine with exceeding brightness those who are in darkness." (The Office of Holy Unction)

Offline Maria

• Orthodox Christian
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »
Most Holy Theotokos, save us.
Ἅγιος ὁ Θεός
Ἅγιος ἰσχυρός
Ἅγιος ἀθάνατος