OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 17, 2014, 04:10:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malaysian Plane shot down in Ukraine  (Read 510 times) Average Rating: 0
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »

http://news.sky.com/story/1302864/malaysian-plane-shot-down-with-295-on-board

A Malaysian passenger plane has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.

Lord, have mercy on all passengers and their familes.
sakura95
Love Live School Idol Festival noob :(
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox(Though I want to be Coptic)
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate Archdiocese of Thyaeira and Great Britain

예쁜 나의 예쁜 나이 25살 ◟(。´௰`)◞३*¨♪

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:45 PM »

Lord have Mercy on those souls.

On another important note, there was another Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing not so long ago, MH370 which many Malaysians(me included) place blame on the government for delaying the relaying of information and whatnot. There's even been speculation at the time of the Malaysian Government being responsible, especially given the imprisonment of a popular political figure at the time, especially given that this political figure is contesting in a state by-election.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:50:51 PM by sakura95 » Logged

Will be off for Christmas break on the 20th-27th

Merry Christmas and God bless (◕‿◕✿)
Orest
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »

It is also on FOX News and the BBC:

[K.T. McFarland, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense under President Ronald Reagan, and a Fox News national security analyst said it is most likely the attack was the work of Russian separatists, not the Russian or Ukrainian army.

“I think it’s far more likely it was rebel forces in eastern Ukraine trying to get the Russian back involved," McFarland said./quote]
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/07/17/malaysia-airlines-jet-reportedly-crashes-in-ukraine/

Russia'n cmdr Strelkov commented on downed #MH17 (thinking it was Ukrainian): "We warned - do not fly in our skies" pic.twitter.com/hkXoaD3xvT

https://twitter.com/StateOfUkraine/status/489802664264212480/photo/1

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »

Lord, have mercy...and memory eternal to all the innocents who lost their lives.

So very sad....no matter the cause.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from reporting
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »

Lord have mercy! Those poor people - I hate plane crashes.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:44:32 PM »

Lord have mercy.
wainscottbl
Aspie weirdo of the forum
Archon

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Sister and my two nieces, Halloween 2014.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

On another important note, there was another Malaysian Airlines plane that went missing not so long ago, MH370 which many Malaysians(me included) place blame on the government for delaying the relaying of information and whatnot. There's even been speculation at the time of the Malaysian Government being responsible, especially given the imprisonment of a popular political figure at the time, especially given that this political figure is contesting in a state by-election.

Lord have mercy indeed and though only God knows the truth an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University expert on these matters has said that they are two different planes (EDIT: models) and there is likely not correlation between the crashes than the airline, which I am inclined to believe as an aviation geek with a morbid interest in airline crashes. MH370 was either a conspiracy as you explain or a mysterious crash, while this current case has to do with the crisis in Ukraine. God correct me if I am wrong. Sorry moderators. I shall open a thread or find the proper thread in the proper section. Just wanted to respond. Lord have mercy! Eternal memory to the victims!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:52:36 PM by wainscottbl » Logged

"To love someone means to see him as God intended him."
                                                                   --Fyodor Dostoevsky
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 07:00:11 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 07:43:41 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 08:19:56 PM »

Memory eternal.  Cry
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »

LORD have mercy!
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:09 PM »

May their memories be eternal. Lord, have mercy on their souls and on their families.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
sakura95
Love Live School Idol Festival noob :(
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox(Though I want to be Coptic)
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate Archdiocese of Thyaeira and Great Britain

예쁜 나의 예쁜 나이 25살 ◟(。´௰`)◞३*¨♪

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »

Lord have mercy indeed and though only God knows the truth an Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University expert on these matters has said that they are two different planes (EDIT: models) and there is likely not correlation between the crashes than the airline, which I am inclined to believe as an aviation geek with a morbid interest in airline crashes. MH370 was either a conspiracy as you explain or a mysterious crash, while this current case has to do with the crisis in Ukraine. God correct me if I am wrong. Sorry moderators. I shall open a thread or find the proper thread in the proper section. Just wanted to respond. Lord have mercy! Eternal memory to the victims!

As for MH17, I would agree that there isn't any correlation with the previous MH370 incident and it is caused by the crisis in Ukraine. However as for MH370, I do believe that the Malaysian government does have something to hide or is somehow responsible for its disappearance. The way it handled its disappearance and the time of occurrence all point to that direction. Prior to MH370's disappearance though, there have been many speculations about the government from rigging elections and widespread corruption.

Lord have mercy on their souls and their families.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 11:12:37 PM by sakura95 » Logged

Will be off for Christmas break on the 20th-27th

Merry Christmas and God bless (◕‿◕✿)
DeniseDenise
Mistress of the Universe
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 11:13:28 PM »

*sticks her hands over here ears since we are here in the Prayer forum*

Lord have Mercy!

and Memory Eternal for those lost, and God's comforting touch to  their families.
littlepilgrim64
High Elder

Faith: Pre-catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 09:57:09 AM »

Charlotte,NC area ROCOR church praying for peace and unity.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/local-russian-orthodox-church-prays-peace-unity/ngjZq/
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2014, 04:33:31 PM »

Most Holy Theotokos, save us.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: