OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 08:57:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Omega Point Mt. Athos and the end of the world..........  (Read 1236 times) Average Rating: 0
eleni

« on: April 24, 2005, 11:23:52 PM »

Volume III. Chapter 17
The Omega Point
Mt. Athos and the end of the world

Translated from the Russian

I will post a bit here from a few different paragraphs relating to various subjects.....,and provide the link......

The symbolism of lamps is especially significant on Athos.
 The monks told us about an inextinguishable lamp hanging over the Royal Gates of the cathedral church at Iveron Monastery.
On holidays it miraculously begins to swing to and fro: Such is the sign of the presence of the Mother of God.
 But at times the lamp goes into motion even on other days.
 It swings violently. What is the Mother of God warning the monks of Athos -- and through them all Christians -- of? Of the trials which the Lord will soon allow to take place for our sins.
 The lamp has been nervous of late: Expect cataclysms of a worlwide scale.

Here's one contemporary witness: "The Athos monks recalled: Just before Turkish forces attacked Cyprus the lamp began swinging with such force that oil spilled from it.
 The same thing happened on the eve of the American-Iraqi war!!!.
 The lamp began swinging just before the earthquake in Armenia. Iveron novices monitor the condition of the lamp carefully.
 When it begins to swing more than usual,
especially on non-holidays, they send out an announcement to all monasteries of the Holy Mount.
 After this a collective prayer to the Virgin for her mercy and intercession begins.
 The news is even relayed to the hermits of Athos, with a request to intensify prayer and fasting..."

*************************************************************************************************
Our interlocutor shakes his head: "Here, especially in Karulia, it's better not to sleep outside."

"Snakes?"

Father Kuksha looks at us intently and seriously. He seems to be weighing how we'll react to what he's about to tell us.
 At last he answers: "Demons... It's like this, you see. You begin praying, and there's a pounding of hooves around the cell. As if a mule were galloping.
 But how could that be, with an abyss on one side and a cliff on the other?
Father Kuksha

Father Kuksha: "They try to frighten you..."

"They try to frighten you... At times there's such a roar that you hair stands on end.
 Once I was overcome with an indescribable terror for no visible reason.
 At that moment the bunk fell, and a whole army of rats began scurrying about on the floor.
 I stand up -- and can't remember the Jesus Prayer.
I burn it into my heart, letter by letter.
 Finally, I'm able to overcome it completely, and fear retreats.(2)

"Not long ago one priest,
 also a pilgrim, spent the night in the neighboring cell.
 He thought, probably, that I was simply afraid of my own shadow from loneliness.
 But in the morning he came in, pale as a ghost.

"'At night', he says, 'someone grabbed me by the arms and legs and tried to drag me out of the cell.
 And two steps from the front door there's an abyss!
 I can't see a thing, for the life of me.' They were holding the priest so tightly that he couldn't even cross himself.
 Finally he was able to make a sign of the cross. He switched on his flashlight. There was no one there...(3)

"The startsy know how to drive out the demons.
 And which of our enemies wouldn't be afraid of someone like our Father Stefan?
The Virgin herself once came to his aid.
The authorities once wanted to evict him for occupying his plot of land in Karulia without paying money.
 At that moment the Mother of God blocked the astonished policemen's way."

Our interlocutor shakes his head: "Here, especially in Karulia, it's better not to sleep outside."

"Snakes?"

Father Kuksha looks at us intently and seriously. He seems to be weighing how we'll react to what he's about to tell us. At last he answers: "Demons... It's like this, you see. You begin praying, and there's a pounding of hooves around the cell. As if a mule were galloping. But how could that be, with an abyss on one side and a cliff on the other?
Father Kuksha

Father Kuksha: "They try to frighten you..."

"They try to frighten you... At times there's such a roar that you hair stands on end. Once I was overcome with an indescribable terror for no visible reason. At that moment the bunk fell, and a whole army of rats began scurrying about on the floor. I stand up -- and can't remember the Jesus Prayer. I burn it into my heart, letter by letter. Finally, I'm able to overcome it completely, and fear retreats.(2)

"Not long ago one priest, also a pilgrim, spent the night in the neighboring cell. He thought, probably, that I was simply afraid of my own shadow from loneliness. But in the morning he came in, pale as a ghost.

"'At night', he says, 'someone grabbed me by the arms and legs and tried to drag me out of the cell. And two steps from the front door there's an abyss! I can't see a thing, for the life of me.' They were holding the priest so tightly that he couldn't even cross himself. Finally he was able to make a sign of the cross. He switched on his flashlight. There was no one there...(3)

"The startsy know how to drive out the demons. And which of our enemies wouldn't be afraid of someone like our Father Stefan? The Virgin herself once came to his aid. The authorities once wanted to evict him for occupying his plot of land in Karulia without paying money. At that moment the Mother of God blocked the astonished policemen's way."

http://oag.ru/library/path_to_apocalypse/apocalypse_III-17.html

Pray for me a sinner
helen..

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:15:28 AM »

Omega point? Is this "Orthodox" Teillhardism? Smiley

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
eleni

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:37:40 AM »

ummm
What is  "Orthodox" Teillhardism?
 Huh

Thanks...
helen....

Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:44:55 AM »

Teillhard de Chardin was a Roman Catholic priest who believed that humanity would evolve to "The Omega Point" where Christ returns but is incarnated in all humanity.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
eleni

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:54:58 AM »

Teillhard de Chardin was a Roman Catholic priest who believed that humanity would evolve to "The Omega Point" where Christ returns but is incarnated in all humanity.

Oh.....ok
No ,although be cautious in the site because there's links that go to other links.....and if you are not aware of what is True Orthodoxy then it can be confusing....

There's alot of info on the attack on Orthodox Christians.....
Also on what Elder Paisios has said....
Alot of stuff......but caution is needed...
Glory be to God
helen..

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: