Author Topic: How serious is this...?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
  • One God our Father & Yahshua the Messiah.
    • One GOD and One Messiah.
  • Faith: Christian Monotheism
  • Jurisdiction: Pro-Conservatism. Anti-liberalism.
How serious is this...?
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »
Hi All,
However much you try to avoid this news of radical Islam spreading it is daily on the UK's news. Now ISIS or ISIL is said to be more dangerous than Alqaeda itself and it's speading with it's extreme brutality. Recently, ISIS has revelaed a plan of taking Europe. And Islamic Jihad is going on in other countries such Nigeria and Somalia, Sudan,China,Russia, UK i.e. hate preachers, Islamists taking over schools in England etc etc How much of a threat is radical Islam to the world?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2674736/ISIS-militants-declare-formation-caliphate-Syria-Iraq-demand-Muslims-world-swear-allegiance.html
I believe in One God- the Heavenly Father Yahweh-John 17:3,1 Corinthians 8:6
I believe in the Son of the Living God- Yahshua our Messiah-Matthew 16:16

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
Re: How serious is this...?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 01:55:36 PM »
In the muslim world, I would say it is a significant threat. As far as Europe is concerned, not so much. Many muslims here are just as serious about their beliefs as most danes, which is not very much.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:56:01 PM by Ansgar »
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline xOrthodox4Christx

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Catholic Church
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
The only thing we have to worry about is when ISIS is done with Iraq and Syria, they'll come back home to the UK.

So, expect some increased terrorist activity if that happens.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:01:00 PM by xOrthodox4Christx »
I reject all that I wrote that isn't in accordance with the teachings of the Orthodox Church. Also, my posts reflect my opinions (present or former) and nothing else.

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
ISIL is already imposing Jizya tax on Christians either in Syria or Iraq ive read...they are aiming for Europe but they will have no chance conquring us..

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 02:50:19 PM »
ISIL is already imposing Jizya tax on Christians either in Syria or Iraq ive read...they are aiming for Europe but they will have no chance conquring us..

They won't need to conquer Europe. As long as Europeans quit having children and forsaking the religious faith of their ancestors, all the Muslims have to do is sit back and wait. Their sheer numbers will be enough to conquer Europe and establish the caliphate they've long dreamt of. 
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:53:08 PM »

They won't need to conquer Europe. As long as Europeans quit having children and forsaking the religious faith of their ancestors, all the Muslims have to do is sit back and wait. Their sheer numbers will be enough to conquer Europe and establish the caliphate they've long dreamt of. 

But muslims in the West are also starting to have less children and many of them are just as secular as most europeans.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 05:01:57 PM »

But muslims in the West are also starting to have less children and many of them are just as secular as most europeans.

You are probably not from England..

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 06:50:53 PM »

Mohammed is now the second most common name for boys after James.  England is on the fast track for Islamization.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 12:46:56 PM »

I can believe this...The majority of foreign jihadists fighting in Syria and Iraq are from the UK, no other minority group in the UK teach kids at English school that "white women are prostitutes" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651700/Hellfire-Muslim-teachers-Trojan-Horse-school-warned-six-year-olds-white-prostitutes.html and calling British Princess Kate Midleton a 'whore'...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673493/Infidels-wear-red-collars-shave-heads-Nazi-vision-Muslim-Britain-Imam-ran-Isis-barbecue-Welsh-park.html

What I don't understand is why on Earth has British goverment lost its identity to them and let them get away with everything? Can you imagine Christians preaching hatred in Saudi Arabia? I can't but these guys do over here...why can't they move to rich Muslim countries such Saudi and Qatar if they dont like our laws and cultures? They always try to move to Christian countries and then trying to change it...

Mohammed is now the second most common name for boys after James.  England is on the fast track for Islamization.

Offline andrewlya

• OC.net guru
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »

I can believe this...The majority of foreign jihadists fighting in Syria and Iraq are from the UK, no other minority group in the UK teach kids at English school that "white women are prostitutes" http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651700/Hellfire-Muslim-teachers-Trojan-Horse-school-warned-six-year-olds-white-prostitutes.html and calling British Princess Kate Midleton a 'whore'...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2673493/Infidels-wear-red-collars-shave-heads-Nazi-vision-Muslim-Britain-Imam-ran-Isis-barbecue-Welsh-park.html

What I don't understand is why on Earth has British goverment lost its identity to them and let them get away with everything? Can you imagine Christians preaching hatred in Saudi Arabia? I can't but these guys do over here...why can't they move to rich Muslim countries such Saudi and Qatar if they dont like our laws and cultures? They always try to move to Christian countries and then trying to change it...

Offline Joha

• High Elder
  • Κύριε, σῶσόν με! Κύριε, ἐλέησον!
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 01:04:40 PM »

erm... they did... many of those "muslim countries" where christian countries...
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ
Psalm 57:2 I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me.
You're big :P
The art of cherry picking

Offline Aquensis

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2014, 03:09:06 AM »

Which is proven wrong by the long track record of history. Christians have been saying the same thing since Islam began. The Copts in Egypt and Arab Christians probably thought there was no way this crazy new cult from the wilderness was going to take over, now they are practically extinct, they certainly will never have any say in their own countries' rule again and are probably not going to exist in their home countries soon. You can essentially draw a expanding radius around Arabia where this has only ever become more true and has only been stopped a few times. The last time it was stopped the Balkans had the support of western European nations who felt some kind of filial solidarity with them, but now that really doesn't exist. Europe is secular, spiteful against Christianity and has a delirious lust for the stupid, evil and exotic. Its only going to get worse.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: In Hell I'll be in good company
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 07:45:42 AM »

There will be another Tours and Vienna, but no brave soldiers to fight them back; only whimpering will be heard.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 08:37:03 AM »
They can easily take over Iraq, Syria and the regions of North Africa it plans to take. As for Europe, it is possible if they are "sneaky" enough. The ISIS would obviously be smart enough to know that fighting with a conventional army with advanced weaponry head on wouldn't be a good idea. They would probably use European Muslims who had agreed to their cause to do their work for them such as bombing public areas, churches or mass shootings. This is simply made easier with technology such as Smart Phones and the Internet, making it easier for terror cells to actually contact each other and plan out attacks.

Given the black market as well, ISIS could indeed obtain a nuke(This has been done before) and before you know it, this nuke has been detonated in perhaps London or Paris. Groups like ISIS are a serious threat to our society today. Does not matter where you live but even other religions can get influenced by such behavior and soon we may have Buddhist or Christian Extremists doing the same. This also happened before and even now in Sri Lanka, the missions by Evangelicals there caused the local Buddhists to react through being Fundamentalists themselves just as the Fundamentalist Evangelicals that preached over there. In fact, these Buddhists may even get such ideas after witnessing what had happened in South Korea as well with Fundamentalist Christians going to the extent of burning temples.

Whether be it Muslim, Buddhist or extremism of any religion, it remains a threat, it could simply spur others to act the same in the contest of "Supremacy" and "Dominance" over rival religions.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:40:04 AM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline Didyma

• Elder
  • St. Lawrence of Canterbury, pray for us!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 10:51:24 AM »
Well, I can't say I know a lot about this group, but they seem to have a lot of potential for destruction.  We'll see what happens.
.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...