Author Topic: Marilyn Manson vs Orthodox activists  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Alexander_Kuzmin

Re: Marilyn Manson vs Orthodox activists
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:50 AM »
 :) :) :) :)

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Hatred is learned behaviour.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2014, 03:09:08 AM »

QED. :)

The late Archbishop of Athens and All Greece Christodoulos gained a lot of popularity immediately after his election by urging young people to come to church as they were, tattoos, piercings, weird hairstyles and all. Supposedly, in one of his first appearances, a bunch of 'freak kids' approached him and said to him, 'Christodoule, we dig you', to which he replied, 'I dig you too'. That expression, and his habit of telling jokes as part of his homilies, are what most people remember from his tenure. ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:09:29 AM by Arachne »
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline The Fool

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »
The late Archbishop of Athens and All Greece Christodoulos gained a lot of popularity immediately after his election by urging young people to come to church as they were, tattoos, piercings, weird hairstyles and all. Supposedly, in one of his first appearances, a bunch of 'freak kids' approached him and said to him, 'Christodoule, we dig you', to which he replied, 'I dig you too'.

D'aww.  ;D
"When I hear the words 'Interfaith Dialogue', I reach for my revolver."

Offline Maria

• Boldly Proclaiming True Orthodox Christianity
  • Toumarches
  • O most Holy Theotokos, save us.
    • Saint Euphrosynos Cafe Discussion Forum
  • Faith: TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2014, 04:35:27 AM »

Wow! A Russian Mohawk!

I remember my brother really wanted a mohawk hair cut when he was little, and I obliged. My mother had a fit. I was almost four and he was 2 1/2 and man did I get creative with those scissors. So, Mom took him to the barber and he got all his hair cut off, so he looked like he had been scalped.
The memory of God should be treasured in our hearts like the precious pearl mentioned in the Holy Gospel. Our life's goal should be to nurture and contemplate God always within, and never let it depart, for this steadfastness will drive demons away from us. - Paraphrased from St. Philotheus of Sinai
Writings from the Philokalia: On Prayer of the Heart,
Translated from the Russian by E. Kadloubovksy and G.E.H. Palmer, Faber and Faber, London, Boston, 1992 printing.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
I was a goth once.  It was pretty cool. We ended up sacking Rome. Here is a photo of me back in the day. I'm the one on the left.

What is the dude on the right wearing in place of chainmail?

The one on the left looks like he is wearing bands of metal.
The guy on the right is wearing lamellar armor.

I think the guy on the left is too, of some variety.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:19 AM »
They guy on the left to me looks like he is wearing segmented (laminar) armor which is kind of odd, because I don't think that that is a typical Goth style.  Unless it is an attempt to portray repurposed lorica segmentata which is possible because of the number of Gothic troops that were used by the Romans. It doesn't seem to be a very faithful representation of that though.
God bless!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
They guy on the left to me looks like he is wearing segmented (laminar) armor which is kind of odd, because I don't think that that is a typical Goth style.  Unless it is an attempt to portray repurposed lorica segmentata which is possible because of the number of Gothic troops that were used by the Romans. It doesn't seem to be a very faithful representation of that though.

By late antiquity I think Lorica Segmentata was getting somewhat rare, replaced by various scale types and chainmail.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2014, 12:58:02 PM »
At first I thought this said "Marilyn Monroe" and I was disturbed to see that it wasn't about the blonde Hollywood starlet of my dreams but was about a lousy rock star from 16 years ago...

Offline The Fool

« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2014, 08:49:30 PM »
At first I thought this said "Marilyn Monroe" and I was disturbed to see that it wasn't about the blonde Hollywood starlet of my dreams but was about a lousy rock star from 16 years ago...

What is it with you and blondes?

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »

18 and hormonal.

questions? ;)
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline The Fool

« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
18 and hormonal.

questions? ;)

When I was 18 and hormonal I had the graciousness not to blather about it on internet forums about religion.  ;D

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2014, 02:40:36 AM »

Dat social status and classic Hollywood starlet fantasy.

Offline The Fool

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2014, 03:57:22 AM »

You were lusting after blondes in general in the smoking thread.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

Fixed this for you
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #105 on: July 03, 2014, 12:28:52 PM »

By late antiquity I think Lorica Segmentata was getting somewhat rare, replaced by various scale types and chainmail.

Lorica segmentata, contrary to Hollywood wisdom, was always rare. Lorica hamata was more practical, cheaper and offered more protection.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:31:11 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2014, 12:32:08 PM »
Not Roman and not practical, but the cuirass gets bonus points for the coolness factor.

God bless!

Offline The Fool

« Reply #107 on: July 03, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
Fixed this for you

Thanks.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:00:05 PM by The Fool »

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »
I completely disagree with these EO Christians for doing such a thing.  We are supposed to love our enemies.   He can use stuff like this to further exploit Christianity.  I do not believe for a second that most EO Christians would approve of this behavior.

Marilyn Manson is a satanist and an ordained priest in the Church of Satan.  

Much of the music industry promotes satanic teachings themed around "you can do what you want"/"do your own thing"/"do what thy wilt"/"going your own way"/ basically making yourself God.

You think everyone in show business is in the Illuminati..

You think that I think that everybody in show business is in the illuminati because I've pointed out several examples.
Keep the Ad Hominem attacks please.

There are a ton of EO warnings on much of the main stream music and movies.

Also read your saints on theaters, tragedies, and music.

What ad hominem?
Not you, Kelly.

She made an untrue statement based on posts I had in other threads, the illuminati I never brought up in this thread, and never stated that all musicians were involved in it (although I believe many are, but not even close to all).  It's an irrelevent "fact" to this musician or many musicians being satanic.  The illuminati is a fraternal organization, outside of the scope of this argument.

It was a fallicious ad hominem attack on my character in order to debase the statements I made.
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:46 PM »
I completely disagree with these EO Christians for doing such a thing.  We are supposed to love our enemies.   He can use stuff like this to further exploit Christianity.  I do not believe for a second that most EO Christians would approve of this behavior.

Much of the music industry promotes satanic teachings themed around "you can do what you want"/"do your own thing"/"do what thy wilt"/"going your own way"/ basically making yourself God.

You think that I think that everybody in show business is in the illuminati because I've pointed out several examples.

No.

This is awkward.  Argue my points, ignore your own saints, wool over the eyes.... So you are here to argue, not learn.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »

What ad hominem?
Yesh thinks every criticism of his point of view is an ad hominem.

I do.  Funny, I've only accused of it once.   LOL, but I get the joke.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

No.

This is awkward.  Argue my points, ignore your own saints, wool over the eyes.... So you are here to argue, not learn.

Funny you of all people should accuse another of that.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2014, 07:39:17 PM »

What ad hominem?
Not you, Kelly.

She made an untrue statement based on posts I had in other threads, the illuminati I never brought up in this thread, and never stated that all musicians were involved in it (although I believe many are, but not even close to all).  It's an irrelevent "fact" to this musician or many musicians being satanic.  The illuminati is a fraternal organization, outside of the scope of this argument.

It was a fallicious ad hominem attack on my character in order to debase the statements I made.

She didn't ridicule your character, but your arguments.  There's a huge difference.  That's why it's not an ad hominem.

Look, you're not exactly of the mainstream thought here.  You have to expect your other views you have shared on this forum will impact pretty much anything else you say and you have to accept some of the criticisms people make of those arguments.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.