OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 02:04:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Devestated  (Read 806 times) Average Rating: 0
Hamartolos
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: June 30, 2014, 06:02:44 PM »

As some of you know, it's been a rough year.  I'm really not one to complain, I'm really not it's just I have nothing.  Well, I thought I had a few friends.  I thought I was pretty close to one, in particular.  You know, I am 26 years old she is 21 and she publicly humiliated me today by reposting a private conversation between us with a mocking caption on her twitter feed of me asking her to dinner.  I had talked to her in person earlier today and she said yes to going out. I really am shocked and I can't recall anything like this ever happening to me before, not for the whole world to see.  I've had bad luck in relationships before but this...this was a surprise.

I don't know how I got it so wrong.  OK, I misread signs and she wasn't interested romantically but this was something you would expect from bitter bitter enemies, my God not my friends!  I kept my job loss a secret until last month and she was one of the first people I told.  I walked away thinking how lucky I was to have a friend like her.  I feel like a teenager as I type this.  Humiliate me on twitter?  What?

Please pray for me as this pretty much threw me into a very, very, very dark place.  Why is it impossible for me to find a genuine person who really is my friend?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:30:51 PM by Hamartolos » Logged

Formerly known as "mctavix"
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 06:04:23 PM »

Sad Prayers...

Large Marge sent me...
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:19:03 PM »

Lord have mercy.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:20:26 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

May God keep you.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
therovingmethodist

Faith: Eastern Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: OCA

A very bad Christian

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 06:22:10 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"One Bishop to rule them all, One Bishop to find them, One Bishop to bring them all and in the darkness bind them"
-Kostac
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »

As some of you know, it's been a rough year.  I'm really not one to complain, I'm really not it's just I have nothing.  Well, I thought I had a few friends.  I thought I was pretty close to one, in particular.  You know, I am 26 years old she is 21 and she publicly humiliated me today by reposting a private conversation between us with a mocking caption on her twitter feed.  I really am shocked and I can't recall anything like this ever happening to me before, not for the whole world to see.  I've had bad luck in relationships before but this...this was a surprise.

I don't know how I got it so wrong.  OK, I misread signs and she wasn't interested romantically but this was something you would expect from bitter bitter enemies, my God not my friends!  I kept my job loss a secret until last month and she was one of the first people I told.  I walked away thinking how lucky I was to have a friend like her.  I feel like a teenager as I type this.  Humiliate me on twitter?  What?

Please pray for me as this pretty much threw me into a very, very, very dark place.  Why is it impossible for me to find a genuine person who really is my friend?

I'm sorry to hear this.

May God help you get through this, heal and move on.

(PS.  We've all been burned by people we thought were friends.)

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Merarches

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »

Lord, have mercy.  I know this probably won't make you feel any better, but as you said, she is 21. There is a lot of REALLY stupid things that we do in our late teens to early twenties that we wish that we could take back so much as we get older.  May you have the grace to get through this trial, I will keep you in my prayers.

Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 07:32:27 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Hamartolos
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 08:12:41 PM »

She finally called me crying saying she was napping and that she did it to make her ex jealous because her ex was always jealous of me and her, then she immediately took it down and apologizes profusely.  I believe it, but since I had to take an anti-anxiety med I'm struggling cognitively right now.  Anyway, we're back on for our date.  

I don't understand women at all. 

I still need the prayers though, if you good good people would please do so.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:13:24 PM by Hamartolos » Logged

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »

Well, it sounds like you will have a lot to talk about on that date.  God bless.  At least you know it wasn't meant to hurt you.  Undecided

Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 08:23:03 PM »

She finally called me crying saying she was napping and that she did it to make her ex jealous because her ex was always jealous of me and her, then she immediately took it down and apologizes profusely.  I believe it, but since I had to take an anti-anxiety med I'm struggling cognitively right now.  Anyway, we're back on for our date.  

You really want to go on a date with a woman who plays these kind of manipulative games?

Lord, have mercy.

You are right. I apologize for having sacked Constantinople. I really need to stop doing that.
Hamartolos
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

Well, it sounds like you will have a lot to talk about on that date.  God bless.  At least you know it wasn't meant to hurt you.  Undecided
She finally called me crying saying she was napping and that she did it to make her ex jealous because her ex was always jealous of me and her, then she immediately took it down and apologizes profusely.  I believe it, but since I had to take an anti-anxiety med I'm struggling cognitively right now.  Anyway, we're back on for our date. 

You really want to go on a date with a woman who plays these kind of manipulative games?

Lord, have mercy.

Thank you all but especially Trisagion and Papist for your responses of concern.  That actually made me feel like somebody is watching out for me.  It's obviously something that I will talk about on this date and make clear.  But, IDK, I've known her for nearly 2 years which is why i was so incredibly shocked when I thought she was being malicious.  I should have mentioned that my name didn't appear in her twitter post, just the texts.  I'm not excusing it, I just wanted to mention it.  It still concerns me.

IDK team, I've been up for 24 hours and when I saw those posts I had a couple panic attacks and had to take a xanax because I really do care for her.  I'm also friends with her cousin which can help in making sure I am not being used.

TheTrisagion
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 08:42:43 PM »

As I said before, sometimes people, particularly at that age, made dumb mistakes. I would certainly be cautious, but the best thing you can do now is pray and go get some sleep.  This sounds as it if has been very hard on everyone involved.  A fresh perspective after some sleep will do you will.  You will be in my prayers.

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Hamartolos.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Porter ODoran
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Erst Amish Appalachian

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »

Lord, have mercy on Hamartalos. Lord have mercy on us all.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 09:29:18 AM »

Lord have mercy.

My sins run out behind me and I do not see them, but today I am coming to judge the errors of another.
Opus118
Site Supporter
Warned
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 10:32:47 AM »

Lord have mercy
militantsparrow
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 11:32:47 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Some of us got burned by those we thought we spouses. Be glad it wasn't that far.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Merarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »

Jump ship.

God be with you either way.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Hamartolos
High Elder

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 11:58:49 PM »

I did, well she did it before me and I was direct and honest.  No, I ask for your prayers that I can actually get into graduate school which is the only thing I have to hope for right now.  Maybe I'll find someone there.  At this point, I doubt it.

Thank you all for your prayers.  Now I just need to regain my faith in God that he hasn't entirely abandoned me. 

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »

Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
The Fool

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 03:30:06 AM »

Hang in there, brother. You'll be alright. I've been there and much worse. Turn it to your spiritual advantage, as a reminder that the world is ever-changing and unreliable. Only God never changes.

"When I hear the words 'Interfaith Dialogue', I reach for my revolver."
Laird
Not yet able to attend an Orthodox church
Elder

Faith: Inquirer (Catechumen soon hopefully)
Jurisdiction: Baptist

Lord, have mercy on me

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:13 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Do not deceive yourself with idle hopes that in the world to come you will find life if you have not tried to find it in this present world." - Theophanis the Monk

*Taking a break from this forum to sort out my spiritual life and to start taking school and other stuff seriously
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »

Most Holy Theotokos, save us.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: