OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 05:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How kids get hooked  (Read 1129 times) Average Rating: 0
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

O most Holy Theotokos, save us.

« on: June 25, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »

This message needs to be spread. I am glad that Nicole had the courage to speak out.
I hope her message is told to vulnerable high school girls from ages 12 to 18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjAO-0ub1m8

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 10:49:19 PM »

Lord, have mercy.  Cry

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »

This is why I'll never let my daughters go anywhere with a male until he pays me a bride price of 30 bags of coffee. Also why I'll teach her how to shoot guns once she turns 3 and enroll her in martial arts. Also why I'll be sure to give my children an opportunity to make money. Nobody likes to be broke; if they can't get money in a legit way, they'll resort to unspeakable ways.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 04:22:46 PM »

It is more important to set an example of a virtuous life for your ckildren, particularly faith, hope, charity, temperance, and chastity. I took Karate lessons, and some of the adults and children did not set good examples.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

It is more important to set an example of a virtuous life for your ckildren, particularly faith, hope, charity, temperance, and chastity. I took Karate lessons, and some of the adults and children did not set good examples.

That's one of the reasons virginity until marriage is so important to me and my potential future wife. No child is going to listen to their parents about sex if they were fornicators in the past. Not even I would. That's hypocrisy. Setting a good example now, even in single life, is important to me so that my Jamesian offspring can't accuse me of hypocrisy.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
kelly
UNSUBSCRIBED from the world
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

Proverbs 31:13

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »

That's one of the reasons virginity until marriage is so important to me and my potential future wife. No child is going to listen to their parents about sex if they were fornicators in the past. Not even I would. That's hypocrisy. Setting a good example now, even in single life, is important to me so that my Jamesian offspring can't accuse me of hypocrisy.

Because no one makes mistakes? Like you, I'm a product of pre-marital sex - does that mean I can't listen to my parents about morality because they sinned in the past?

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 04:53:04 PM »

Because no one makes mistakes?

I would willing to wager that JamesR won't make such a mistake, even if he wanted to.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »

Because no one makes mistakes? Like you, I'm a product of pre-marital sex - does that mean I can't listen to my parents about morality because they sinned in the past?

In my case, yes; I wouldn't listen to them.

Their morality advice isn't very Christian--probably due to them fornicating and having me. They told me that fornication isn't really a big deal and that God will just forgive me. I'm all alone in staying virginal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:57:32 PM by JamesR » Logged

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee..."

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 05:06:19 PM »

This is why I'll never let my daughters go anywhere with a male until he pays me a bride price of 30 bags of coffee.

Are women really that cheap and worthless to you?  At least in the old country dowries involve gold, lands, property, etc.  Would you really sell off your daughter for three hundred dollars worth of Dunkin Donuts original roast? 

The Mor has spoken. Let his word endure unto the ages of ages.
kelly
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Genuine Kellenic Truest Orthodox Traditionalist Church *of* America

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 05:07:10 PM »

This is why I'll never let my daughters go anywhere with a male until he pays me a bride price of 30 bags of coffee.

Are women really that cheap and worthless to you?  At least in the old country dowries involve gold, lands, property, etc.  Would you really sell off your daughter for three hundred dollars worth of Dunkin Donuts original roast? 

I would be interested in a Freudian analysis of our James.

kelly and I spend all our free time collecting pictures of Russian monarchs.  Its a thing we do.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »

No, but I would for this stuff

Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »

Are women really that cheap and worthless to you? 

Either that or coffee is worth a lot to him.

"Claret is the liquor for boys; port for men; but he who aspires to be a hero must drink brandy."
-Dr. Samuel Johnson
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »

Please note.

That goes for 6.99.  The Dunken is 8.99

That makes your (thankfully) not yet conceived daughter worth 210 dollars.

Please print this out and save it for her 18th birthday so she can then kick her no-good father somewhere deserving.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 05:16:45 PM »

Coffee is the way to a man's heart; along with General Original snus. Well, at least to my heart. Give me a woman who can prepare fine coffee, uses tobacco, is blonde and Orthodox, and I'll treat her like a queen.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 05:17:29 PM »

Please note.

That goes for 6.99.  The Dunken is 8.99

The Dunken is actually $6.99 as well where I live. The prices are equal in California.

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »

Coffee is the way to a man's heart; along with General Original snus. Well, at least to my heart. Give me a woman who can prepare fine coffee, uses tobacco, is blonde and Orthodox, and I'll treat her like a queen.

and sell her offspring for $210.....

sounds ideal really.
Arachne
Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of the British Isles and Ireland

November is short. Type fast.

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 05:18:40 PM »

How many goats are YOU worth? Tongue

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 05:19:08 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, my mother would sell me off for less. She really wants me to find a girlfriend or wife for some reason.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:37 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

For the record, I'd be a phenomenal father. I'd much rather have daughters than sons. I like taking care of my little sister Smiley

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 05:27:41 PM »

I had a teacher once, who worked in India as a young woman. Once, while walking down the street with two male companions (they wouldn't let her walk the Streets alone) they came across a rich fellow, who offered to buy her for three elephants.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:28:38 PM by Ansgar » Logged

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 05:29:05 PM »

I had a teacher once who world on India as a young woman. Once, while walking down the street with two male companions (they wouldn't let her walk the Streets alone) they came across a rich fellow, who offered to buy her for three elephants.

One of my university friends had gone on a Nile cruise with her family in high school and had a local offer her father up to 20 camels for her.

'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

I had a teacher once, who worked in India as a young woman. Once, while walking down the street with two male companions (they wouldn't let her walk the Streets alone) they came across a rich fellow, who offered to buy her for three elephants.

I wonder how much that would translate to in coffee currency.

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »

8.  Not sure if that's good or not, but supposedly her dad will give me her sister as well.  Smiley

Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 05:33:02 PM »

Coffee is the way to a man's heart; along with General Original snus.

I've never been one for coffee or snus, but I can imagine that people like it; can't blame them for enjoying life. What kind of coffee/snus do you use?

uses tobacco

Tobacco makes your breath smelly. Not something one would appreciate in a woman.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:34:21 PM by Cyrillic » Logged

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

WHAT?!?!  Tongue

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

WHAT?!?!  Tongue

You don't have virginal Chicano blood. That earns another goat.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2014, 05:35:16 PM »

All these stories have only furthered strengthened my semi-serious, somewhat exploitive idea of just waltzing into an impoverished Orthodox country and having like 10 Orthodox fathers offering to give me their daughters in marriage, then choosing the most pious (and attractive) one.

Perhaps Egypt. I hear size matters. My wrist tattoo is larger than most. The Coptic women will go mad in a love drunk frenzy once I unveil it.

Cyrillic
Merarches

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

WHAT?!?!  Tongue

Apparently I'm worth 9 goats as well. Everyone worth less than that is in deep trouble, it seems.

-Dr. Samuel Johnson
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

WHAT?!?!  Tongue

I can fix a car myself; my dad taught me how when I was 12-14.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2014, 05:37:39 PM »

At least hold out for better coffee James!

http://www.volcanicacoffee.com/estate-coffee/kopi-luwak-coffee.htm
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

For the record, I'd be a phenomenal father. I'd much rather have daughters than sons. I like taking care of my little sister Smiley

The thing is, I just can't do the have-children/treat-me-like-a-queen Godly family religious woman thing. I find such things detestable. At least an atheist girl won't want children and isn't as emotional and clingy.

then

Genuine honestly slightly exaggerated. I don't ever want children, so if a particular hobby can increase my chances of not having them, I'm all for it. But I wouldn't go out explicitly trying to make myself infertile.

It's fine at your age to not know what the heck it is you want.

but until you do....perhaps you should learn to not BS back and forth on it every time you feel like getting a rise out of people.....it just makes you look foolish
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2014, 05:38:29 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

WHAT?!?!  Tongue

Apparently I'm worth 9 goats as well. Everyone worth less than that is in deep trouble, it seems.

In societies that appreciate goat currency, youth is a big advantage. I'd fetch 6, even now. For having lived long enough to lay down the law with the young 'uns. police

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2014, 05:40:02 PM »

Coffee is the way to a man's heart; along with General Original snus.

I've never been one for coffee or snus, but I can imagine that people like it; can't blame them for enjoying life. What kind of coffee/snus do you use?

And Colombo Supremo coffee, like the one I posted above.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »

10. And I got compared to George Clooney. I call that a win.

In all seriousness though, I hope they'll be able to do something about the trafficking. Lord have mercy!

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »

You still have to get me some cool Native American tobacco Smiley

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »

Quiz results -

9. You're almost the most beautiful girl here.

Kiss

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

You still have to get me some cool Native American tobacco Smiley

No, i really don't. Wink

There are plenty of reservations where you live. Buy tobacco down there. I don't have any relatives that grow tobacco. I could send you smoked fish, but I don't think you will want to actually smoke that.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 05:54:34 PM »

I got 6. I think the fact that I'm already married influenced my anwers in strange ways.   laugh

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »

Quiz results -

Kiss

If it makes you feel good, I'd pay 3 goats and a half-used can of snus White portion for you. Maybe I'd throw in my brother if you could teach me to tie a full windsor knot when I get ready for Church on Sunday mornings.

kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »

Quiz results -

Kiss

If it makes you feel good, I'd pay 3 goats and a half-used can of snus White portion for you. Maybe I'd throw in my brother if you could teach me to tie a full windsor knot when I get ready for Church on Sunday mornings.

JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 06:04:54 PM »

Quiz results -

Kiss

That was actually a compliment. Regardless of how much I enjoy irritating you, and how repulsed you are at me, you're one of the more goat-worthy females around this place.

ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 06:13:28 PM »

That was actually a compliment. Regardless of how much I enjoy irritating you, and how repulsed you are at me, you're one of the more goat-worthy females around this place.

May I suggest, as a friend, that you don't deploy pick-up lines like this on the ladies IRL? Wink Cheesy

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2014, 06:17:43 PM »

I got 9, surprisingly.

How the hell can you possibly know that?  That doesn't mean you won't be or can't be, but how can you make such a claim since your initial posts here were all about how you will NEVER have kids?

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2014, 06:23:06 PM »

Despite my elderly disposition (over 28), I managed to fetch 8 goats:

8. Not only will his dad give you 8 goats, he'll throw in his brother too!
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »

May I suggest, as a friend, that you don't deploy pick-up lines like this on the ladies IRL? Wink Cheesy

Some women might take it as a compliment... assuming they were understanding goat as an acronym for 'greatest of all time,' as it is sometimes used  angel
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2014, 06:29:55 PM »

Our daughter would fetch 9 goats apparently.

Any boy that wants to date our daughters will have to deal with:

1) Going on a long hike alone in the woods with Dad.
2) Deal with the fact that our daughters are proficient at throwing knives and screwdrivers at targets.
3) Make it thru 5 other siblings that might possibly hate you.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 06:31:34 PM »

As an added bonus, if they want to marry our youngest daughter they would have to deal with a girl that is literally obsessed with Darth Vader.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 06:45:34 PM »

I'd trade my little brother for a woman and 2 goats Smiley He's obsessed with baseball and is considered the handsome one in the family; I'm the nerdy, over mature eldest.

Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The San Franciscan Orthodox Church of New York, Big Apple and Fourth Rome

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2014, 06:46:51 PM »

I'd trade my little brother for a woman and 2 goats Smiley He's obsessed with baseball and is considered the handsome one in the family; I'm the nerdy, over mature eldest.
Now I have to get a new keyboard.

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »

Our daughter would fetch 9 goats apparently.

Any boy that wants to date our daughters will have to deal with:

1) Going on a long hike alone in the woods with Dad.
2) Deal with the fact that our daughters are proficient at throwing knives and screwdrivers at targets.
3) Make it thru 5 other siblings that might possibly hate you.

I'd be interested if they were like 10 years older or I was 10 years younger. They could teach me the ways of the wild and how to survive in the woods like Cody Lundin Smiley

DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2014, 06:49:21 PM »

Now I have to get a new keyboard.

Thank you for typing that while i was off fetching a new keyboard over here.

Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »

As an added bonus, if they want to marry our youngest daughter they would have to deal with a girl that is literally obsessed with Darth Vader.

My son would have her in a heartbeat. Wink

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »

We keep saying that the man of her dreams will have sleep apnea.
kelly
OC.net guru

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2014, 08:01:36 PM »

We keep saying that the man of her dreams will have sleep apnea.

Or be a scuba diver.

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »

True story:

One night Ari woke in the middle of the night and declared "I need to cuddle with Darth Vader!" Her sister handed her a stuffed Pinkie Pie, Ari threw it on the floor in disgust because it wasn't Darth Vader. Then she found her large, stuffed Darth Vader, cuddled up to him, and fell back asleep. She has loved Darth Vader since she was 6 months old. We have zero idea why she loves him so. All she can say is "he's cute."
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2014, 08:48:46 PM »

I always forget that you are a mom and continually think of you as the girl in your avatar: a rather studious college student who is continually tending Brigid's flame (whatever that means)

SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2014, 11:30:45 PM »

I fetch 6 goats - not bad, not good either....   angel
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »

Whenever I see the title of this thread, I expect it to be about teaching your children phonics.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2014, 12:50:44 AM »

True story:

One night Ari woke in the middle of the night and declared "I need to cuddle with Darth Vader!" Her sister handed her a stuffed Pinkie Pie, Ari threw it on the floor in disgust because it wasn't Darth Vader. Then she found her large, stuffed Darth Vader, cuddled up to him, and fell back asleep. She has loved Darth Vader since she was 6 months old. We have zero idea why she loves him so. All she can say is "he's cute."

Your daughter sounds cool as ice.  I pray that as she grows she never goes through a ...rebellious... streak and always remains faithful to the Empire.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »

All three of our daughters are pretty awesome. I never thought that I would dig having daughters this much. Smiley

We are seriously puzzled by her love of Darth Vader. Her older sister loved baby dolls from around 6 months of age. That isn't as strange loving Darth Vader. She loves little girl things like My Little Pony too. She likes to say that she is Leia, and her dad is Darth Vader. My husband balked at the idea for awhile. He grew up watching and loving Star Wars, and he never rooted for the Empire. Now he goes with the flow. The few shirts he owns that aren't solid/plain have AT-AT's and Darth Vader on them in honor of our eldest son and youngest daughter.

She is about 2 in this photo:

This was around last Christmas when she was 4:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 01:24:42 AM by Quinault » Logged
Antonis
"The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: The San Franciscan Orthodox Church of New York, Big Apple and Fourth Rome

You must try this Balkan blend, Barsanuphius.

« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2014, 01:25:28 AM »

That is so cute.  laugh

As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Moderated
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2014, 01:27:16 AM »

"Choking hazard". Very good. Very good.  laugh laugh laugh
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2014, 02:04:15 AM »

All three of our daughters are pretty awesome. I never thought that I would dig having daughters this much. Smiley

We are seriously puzzled by her love of Darth Vader. Her older sister loved baby dolls from around 6 months of age. That isn't as strange loving Darth Vader. She loves little girl things like My Little Pony too. She likes to say that she is Leia, and her dad is Darth Vader. My husband balked at the idea for awhile. He grew up watching and loving Star Wars, and he never rooted for the Empire. Now he goes with the flow. The few shirts he owns that aren't solid/plain have AT-AT's and Darth Vader on them in honor of our eldest son and youngest daughter.

She is about 2 in this photo:

This was around last Christmas when she was 4:

I cannot see those pictures, so I must not belong to that group.  Cry

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2014, 02:07:17 AM »

No, I just put the photos up for 30 minutes for privacy reasons. I'll put them back up for another 10 minutes.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:08:49 AM by Quinault » Logged
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2014, 02:08:35 AM »

Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2014, 02:31:19 AM »

I guess I missed them again. If you are posting just for privacy reasons, I can fully understand. Do not worry.

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2014, 02:34:25 AM »

I don't get it.... Why post pictures in the first place if one is concerned about privacy issues?   Huh
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2014, 02:48:04 AM »

This forum has all content available to the general public. Most forums I participate in require people to be logged in if they want to see photos. I am fine with everyone at OCnet seeing photos, I am not fine with everyone on the worldwide web seeing them. When you do an internet search for my children's real first names, this forum is one of the few pages that pop up. Our little Darth Vader fan has exactly two internet postings with her name on them. One is the battalion newsletter from my husband's deployment, one is a post from when I was figuring out what to name her.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 02:49:43 AM by Quinault » Logged
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »

Quiz results -

Kiss

Four-in-hand. Windsor is try-hard. Trust me on this.

http://avengingredhand.wordpress.com -- My blog

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2014, 05:05:19 PM »

This forum has all content available to the general public.

That's not true for the private fora.

Most forums I participate in require people to be logged in if they want to see photos. I am fine with everyone at OCnet seeing photos, I am not fine with everyone on the worldwide web seeing them. When you do an internet search for my children's real first names, this forum is one of the few pages that pop up. Our little Darth Vader fan has exactly two internet postings with her name on them. One is the battalion newsletter from my husband's deployment, one is a post from when I was figuring out what to name her.

Some quick acting Google robot might snag the image(s) in the few minutes they are posted before being deleted.  A Google search for 'SolEX01' only has a few links to the oc.net forum (and not a link to each of my 10,800 or so posts).   Wink
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »

How young are we talking about here? (The Darth Vader thing sounds like a bonus to me)

'These words I, Leo, have set down for love and as a safeguard of the Orthodox Faith'
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:51 PM »

I actually check the internet presence of myself, and all our children every couple months. So I am aware of what is out there, and I am also aware of what can be done. My husband worked extensively in that field the entire time he was in the military. I go thru and remove all our info from sites every few months.

I want our kids to reach 18 without an internet presence. There are ways to keep google robots from snagging photos too Wink
CopticDeacon
Αναγνώστης(Reader) in the God-loving Diocese of New York and New England
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

St. Macarius, the Spirit Bearer, Pray for Us!

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »

"Marriage material. George Clooney, is that you."

Ladies(Arachne), I'm single.

"I see the heavens opened up, and the Son of Man seated at the right hand of God"
-St. Stephen the Archdeacon and Protomartyr
Arachne
Section Moderator
Protokentarchos

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »

I'm off the market, but just watching you and James duke it out would be worth at least three billy goats gruff. Tongue
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:45:09 PM by Arachne » Logged

Mor Ephrem
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »

billy goats gruff

Smiley

CopticDeacon
Αναγνώστης(Reader) in the God-loving Diocese of New York and New England
High Elder

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

St. Macarius, the Spirit Bearer, Pray for Us!

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »

I'm off the market, but just watching you and James duke it out would be worth at least three billy goats gruff. Tongue

Lord have mercy.
I think I'd win, but let's put that one to rest.

EDIT: We Copts is some tough people to kill. If I had a dollar for every time the "Lord/angel of the Lord healed him/her from all his/her wounds" or "Then the governor grew weary of torturing him/her/them" in our Synaxarium, I could bail out the USA deficit.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:58:41 PM by CopticDeacon » Logged

"I see the heavens opened up, and the Son of Man seated at the right hand of God"
-St. Stephen the Archdeacon and Protomartyr
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »

How young are we talking about here? (The Darth Vader thing sounds like a bonus to me)

She's almost 5. Smiley
OrthoNoob
OC.net guru

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2014, 12:47:40 AM »

She's almost 5. Smiley

Oh. Well, that explains the Darth Vader obsession.

If only I could find that quality in a woman of more suitable age...

xOrthodox4Christx
Protokentarchos

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »

Huh, where did the thread go?  Huh

"Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth.... While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." (Eugene Debs)
Maria
Orthodox Christian
Merarches

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »

Huh, where did the thread go?  Huh

Hooked on Star Wars, where else?

The subject matter in the OP is too much for some folks.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:09:26 PM by Maria » Logged

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »

She's almost 5. Smiley

You and me both.  My girlfriend probably couldn't tell the difference between Han Solo and Hans Ulrich Rudel.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
TheTrisagion
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »

She's almost 5. Smiley

You and me both.  My girlfriend probably couldn't tell the difference between Han Solo and Hans Ulrich Rudel.
Sounds like you need to add some roleplay to your life, my friend.

elephant
High Elder

Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2014, 02:19:39 PM »

WOW!  That must have been some fabulous teacher!

I have worked as a waitress, a financial auditor, a computer programmer -  but never as a young woman.   What does a person working as a young woman have to do?

Love, elephant
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »

She's almost 5. Smiley

Sounds like you need to add some roleplay to your life, my friend.

I think telling her that I'll be Rudel and she can be the Stuka would probably bomb.  Dive bomb.

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: