OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 01, 2014, 06:40:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vassula Ryden Excommunicated  (Read 55615 times) Average Rating: 0
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »

It should be clear that a would be prophet would not go to such lengths to spread the faith.
By that logic, Mohammed is a true prophet also.
Take my advice. Put down "True Life In God" and pick up the Gospel. Turn to the 24th verse of the 24th Chapter of the Gospel of St. Matthew where Our Lord Jesus Christ says:
"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2007, 02:39:59 PM »

Kreator,

Have you actually spoken to this monk and heard from his own mouth that he supports Vassula?  I ask that because a common tactic of Vassula's promoters is to lie and say that a particular prominent person had endorsed Vassula, when the person in question has done no such thing.  

There is an Armenian woman near my church who has been recruiting people from my parish to study Vassula's writings.  She has lied and said that Pope Shenouda supports Vassula, when he does not.  Also, she has told people that the priest from my church endorses Vassula, when he does not.  She told people this about my priest after he had had a confrontation with her in which he made it clear that he did not believe in Vassula and that he wanted this woman to leave our church alone.  Obviously, my priest was not happy when he found out that after this meeting with her she began lying and telling people he supported Vassula.

Vassula claims to receive her messages through a sort of possession and automatic writing.  These are things that have no basis in the Christian religion and are known to be occult practices which are used by mediums for channeling and seances.

Last summer, when the above mentioned woman began recruiting people from my church, I made a point of spending a couple of days reading Vassula's messages which are published on her website.  I did this so I could honestly discuss Vassula with people who were getting into her.  I felt like purging myself after reading the messages, which read like a poorly written romance novel.   She sexualizes her relationship with Christ.  She writes of Christ wedding her in a marriage ceremony.  She talks of a bridal chamber and matrimonial bed where Christ will kiss her with His mouth.  I shouldn't even be repeating these things on a Christian forum, but I am doing this so people will see how disturbed, disgusting and creepy this whole Vassula movement is.  

I urge you to be cautious and not get involved in this movement.  If you want to read the words of Christ and know of His love for you, read the Gospels.  That is all you need.  Contrary to what Vassula's followers say, you don't need to read her messages to be saved.

Kreator

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2007, 03:40:59 PM »

His name is father John and he live is Psychiko Athens Greece. He does mass in Drossia next to where I live. It should be clear that a would be prophet would not go to such lengths to spread the faith. And one more thing how come you know so much on her personal life? I dont think it is any of your business.

edit : Muhhamad conquered a vast empire and died an ''emperor''
Kreator

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »

Salpy your message is filled with unproven assumtions. First of all I am not involved in any ''movement'' neither has anyone stated that Vassulas messages are essential to salvation. Second I was sceptical about her until I spoke to said monk as all should be. Third, I couldnt care less what some woman in your parish is doing. Third I have not found anywhere a hint of sexuality or anything perverse. If you would like post some quotes to prove that. Vassula is preaching about Jesus to people who may have never heard about His message.I am not at all disturbed after reading her messages. Last and least of all, God can communicate with anyone and in any way he pleases.

To ozgeorge:  It may be happening sooner than you think.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:59:56 PM by Kreator » Logged
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2007, 04:12:42 PM »

One example suffices to show this woman is a heretic and excommunicated from the Orthodox Church:
http://www.tlig.org/en/interreligious/hiroshima/

Meeting at a Buddhist Temple in Hiroshima, Japan, August 4 to 6th, 1999

During the organization for the arrival of Vassula in Japan, I felt compelled to seek God's counsel in total confidence in Him so that those that would attend the meeting, might be open to conversion of the heart. That they might come to understand the need for unceasing prayer, in order to be in intimate communion with the Lord in their soul and to acquire zeal for His mission.

The meeting was held in August the 4th at 6:30 PM at the Buddhist temple Myjin, a name that means 'Stella Maris'. The theme of the meeting was to teach us "How good is the Lord". Over one hundred people were there, among them Buddhists, Shintoists, Rumanian orthodox, Catholics and Protestants of different denominations, such as Lutherans, Baptists, Methodists, and Anglicans. Attending also were the most reverend bishop of Hiroshima Joseph Misue and some priests and religious. Our Buddhist hosts were sincerely touched by the Christian message, the revealed God that is the cause of our happiness and hope.

The meeting with Vassula coincided with the memorial of the 54th anniversary of the atomic bomb attack on Hiroshima. There was a moment of reverent silence, followed by prayer and hope for the world.

During the distribution of the invitations to Vassula's speech, we sought to contact each potential participant by trying to arouse interest toward God and by answering to questions. As witnesses of the truth contained in True Life In God books and thanks to numerous miracles of conversion observed everywhere around us, we have accomplished a truly missionary work with respect and consideration for the belief of others. With our faith in the reality of Jesus Christ in the history of mankind, and in documents from Vassula as the sole weapon, we have seen the truth triumph, because it shines its clean light. The faith, hope and love that God has given us and the paternal welcome of our bishop, have made possible this encounter in Hiroshima.

All the participants had either read the books of True Life In God or had known who Vassula is through members of True Life In God prayer groups. So everyone knew the mystical dimension of Vassula's mission. However, everyone was surprised listening to this mother of a family, speak in such a simple and sure manner about her interactions with her guardian angel, with the Mother of God and the three persons of the Holy Trinity. It seemed to me that from all hearts gushed forth the exclamation of Saint Peter: "Lord, it is good to be here!"

Vassula has reminded us of the Love of God and His desire that all return to His Heart with ardent love. Simplicity and depth characterized her talk. Finally we were reminded of what our Father told us on June 18th 1994: "Come and learn: in the morning sow your seed of love, at noon sow your seed of peace and in the evening sow your seed of reconciliation".

Finally, Vassula presented the bonze of the Myjin temple with a statue of our Lady of Fatima. She also gave a rosary to a bonze of the temple of Fukuyama and a cross to the bishop. The latter, some days after, showed us the cross and expressed his happiness about the success of the meeting with Vassula.

The statue of the Virgin of Fatima has gone to enrich the patrimony of the inter-religious dialog that Buddhists have begun with Christians in 1987. They have placed this statue near that of our Lady of Lourdes that they have brought during a recent pilgrimage to the Grotto of Massabielle.

On August 5th Vassula visited the survivors of the attack in Hiroshima, at the Hospital of the Atomic Bomb, and these patients have been bedridden for over fifty years. She saw the same persons that Pope John Paul II and Mother Theresa have visited. It is hard to describe the emotion of this encounter of Vassula and the victims and I cannot forget her look kissing them, seeing in each of them the mystery of suffering, the pain and the evil, until the Cross of Jesus.

In the afternoon, the Catholic University put at our disposal a hall for the prayer group of True Life in God. Vassula taught us how it is necessary, in our daily life to live truly our life in God. All of us were struck by the frequent repetition of the word "reconciliation". Our group of Hiroshima understood that it is paramount to live and pray for reconciliation. To all our questions, we have received clear replies and imprints of charity. Then we went to the Cathedral of Hiroshima, where a Requiem Mass for the victims of the atomic bomb was said, concelebrated by the bishops of Hiroshima, Nagoya, Takamatsu and Osaka. Also numerous priests took part.

Receiving with us the Eucharist, Vassula, a Greek orthodox, accomplished her mission of peace, love and unity in our Lord. Thus, she who is the living witness of our Lord's thirst for our reconciliation, pilgrim of the merciful will of God, continued realizing in an ineffable manner the unity in the BODY of CHRIST.

Later during supper, Vassula met the bonze of Hiroshima and his wife. They said they were touched and happy to have reached, through their progress with Christians, to share what they called "the treasure" of True Life in God. Vassula invited them to participate in the great Jubilee of the year 2000, in the Holy Land next March.

The numerous young people attending this supper, asked Vassula for some spiritual advice for their life. With a maternal attention and her sense of humor, she managed to adapt herself to each one of them, with moderated and wise advice. If only we had been able to record all this simple conversation, we would have now a real collection of aphorisms such as those that the 5th century holy Copt Barsanuphe has left us.

On Friday, August 6th at 8:15 AM, we were gathered at the great "Peace Park" above which exploded the first atomic bomb, in that very same day in 1945 at the same hour. Amid the crowd in prayer, we heard the funereal toll of a bonsh, a Buddhist bell, while an alarm siren announced a minute of silence in all Japan. The same azure sky, the same heat...before the tragedy that had a death toll of a hundred thousand people, whose many children were caught by surprise in their schools. Until evening, people tortured by burns and thirst, threw themselves into the river and perished. We left the park remembering the legacy of such tragedy, the many cases of leukemia and thyroid cancer still occurring.

The arrival of Vassula in Hiroshima, a city with such a painful past, was a precious gift of God that will surely bear fruit. My Japanese friends told me that everything in True Life in God reminds them of the book of the Apocalypse of Saint John. We also wait for the end of pain in the world and for the restoration of grace: an end and a beginning that Saint John has announced to us by asking: "Come Lord Jesus!" and the Lord has already told us: "Yes, I'll come soon".

Moments later, Vassula caught the Shinkansen bound for Fukuoka, to visit the next True Life In God prayer grou....

Kreator, you yourself said in another post there is no dialogue with Buddhists. Yet here is Vassula doing this herself!

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Kreator

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »

There is no dialogue with the creepy monk that lives in a monastery in Tibet and does you know what, the kind that St Paisios dispatched by the dozens. There should be dialogue with everyone from every religion, otherwise they will not know about Christianity and Jesus Christ.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2007, 04:35:07 PM »

There is no dialogue with the creepy monk that lives in a monastery in Tibet and does you know what, the kind that St Paisios dispatched by the dozens. There should be dialogue with everyone from every religion, otherwise they will not know about Christianity and Jesus Christ.

That is not dialogue, it is evangelism.

As you can see, Vassula communed in a Roman Catholic Church. Therefore, she is outside the Orthodox faith.

Anastasios

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Kreator

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

Roman Catholics have saints too.

Edit:  Shultz you dont understand, think about it
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 04:50:33 PM by Kreator » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2007, 04:41:46 PM »

Kreator,

That's not the point.  Her act of communion in a Roman Catholic Church caused her de facto excommunication from the Greek Orthodox Church.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Boston

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »

I felt like purging myself after reading the messages, which read like a poorly written romance novel.   She sexualizes her relationship with Christ.  She writes of Christ wedding her in a marriage ceremony.  She talks of a bridal chamber and matrimonial bed where Christ will kiss her with His mouth.  I shouldn't even be repeating these things on a Christian forum, but I am doing this so people will see how disturbed, disgusting and creepy this whole Vassula movement is. 

That sounds like the Family International. One of that cult's chief devotional practices is to imagine they are having intercourse with Jesus.

Of course, I shouldn't judge since I haven't read any of her writings.

But I will not read them either, considering this warning:

NOTIFICATION ON VASSULA RYDEN (6 October 1995)

Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Many bishops, priests, religious and lay people have sought an authoritative judgement from this Congregation on the activity of Mrs. Vassula Ryden, a Greek Orthodox residing in Switzerland, who in speech and in writing is spreading in Catholic circles throughout the world messages attributed to alleged heavenly revelations.

A calm, attentive examination of the entire question, undertaken by this Congregation in order to "test the spirits to see whether they are of God" (cf. 1 Jn 4:1), has brought out - in addition to positive aspects - a number of basic elements that must be considered negative in the light of Catholic doctrine.

In addition to pointing out the suspect nature of the ways in which these alleged revelations have occurred, it is necessary to underscore several doctrinal errors they contain.

Among other things, ambiguous language is used in speaking of the Persons of the Holy Trinity, to the point of confusing the specific names and functions of the Divine Persons. These alleged revelations predict an imminent period when the Antichrist will prevail in the Church. In millenarian style, it is prophesied that God is going to make a final glorious intervention which will initiate on earth, even before Christ's definitive coming, an era of peace and universal prosperity. Furthermore, the proximate arrival is foretold of a Church which would be a kind of pan-Christian community, contrary to Catholic doctrine.

The fact that the aforementioned errors no longer appear in Ryden's later writings is a sign that the alleged "heavenly messages" are merely the result of private meditations.

Moreover, by habitually sharing in the sacraments of the Catholic Church even though she is Greek Orthodox, Mrs. Ryden is causing considerable surprise in various circles of the Catholic Church. She appears to be putting herself above all ecclesiastical jurisdiction and every canonical norm, and in effect, is creating an ecumenical disorder that irritates many authorities, ministers and faithful of her own Church, as she puts herself outside the ecclesiastical discipline of the latter.

Given the negative effect of Vassula Ryden's activities, despite some positive aspects, this Congregation requests the intervention of the Bishops so that their faithful may be suitably informed and that no opportunity may be provided in their Dioceses for the dissemination of her ideas. Lastly, the Congregation invites all the faithful not to regard Mrs. Vassula Ryden's writings and speeches as supernatural and to preserve the purity of the faith that the Lord has entrusted to the Church.

Rome, from the Offices of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, 6 Oct 1995.

JOSEPH Cardinal RATZINGER
Prefect

http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDFRYDN1.HTM
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 06:00:00 PM by lubeltri » Logged
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2007, 06:20:11 PM »

One example suffices to show this woman is a heretic and excommunicated from the Orthodox Church:
http://www.tlig.org/en/interreligious/hiroshima/

Meeting at a Buddhist Temple in Hiroshima, Japan, August 4 to 6th, 1999
The meeting was held in August the 4th at 6:30 PM at the Buddhist temple Myjin, a name that means 'Stella Maris'.

This doesn't make sense to me.  Granted the arrows could be some other letter or character, but even so, "Stella Maris" means "Star of the Sea" and the word for "star" that I know is "hoshi".  There is Miyajima in Hiroshima Prefecture, but it is the location of a famous Shinto Shrine, Itsukushima, which is the one with the huge red torii in the water.  "Miyajima" means "Shrine Island" for information's sake. 

This may seem minor, but just odd things may be indicative of ummm careless or "creative" writing. And of such little mistakes, larger ones may follow.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2007, 06:51:39 PM »

While I agree with the above comment:

This may seem minor, but just odd things may be indicative of ummm careless or "creative" writing. And of such little mistakes, larger ones may follow.

The link provided in lpap's earlier post (number 9) should resolve this matter entirely, especially for Kreator since this statement comes from the Holy Synod in Greece:

http://www.ecclesia.gr/greek/holysynod/commitees/heresies/heresies-0008.htm

The GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH has issued the following statement (the original is in Greek) regarding Vassoula:

Synodic Committee on Heresies, Sects.

The Committee, after it studied the evidence, come to conclusion that Vasoula Rynten has been deducted from the Orthodox Church, although typically she still is a member.

Additionally let it be known that regarding Vasoula Rynten's organization there are extensive reports to Church periodical "Dialogue".

Vasoula asked Greek Justice for the conviction of the Secretary of Synodic Committee on Heresies father Kyrjako Tsoyro for this publications, for slanderous libel. The trial was to take place at 30.6.2000, however Ms Rynten withdrew the indictment two days before this day.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »

What does it mean that she has been "deducted from the Orthodox Church, although typically she still is a member"?

Simply put, does it mean that she is excommunicate?
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2007, 07:02:30 PM »

What does it mean that she has been "deducted from the Orthodox Church, although typically she still is a member"?

Simply put, does it mean that she is excommunicate?

I think it means she's been excommunicated, but still shows up (maybe even receives if the priest isn't aware of who she is).

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2007, 08:15:25 PM »

It's clear that the Bishops decided that she is not in good standing with the Orthodox Church. That's all we need to know.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:36:31 PM by pensateomnia » Logged

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »

I couldnt care less what some woman in your parish is doing. .

If the woman I described was the only one in Vassula's group going around lying about prominent persons endorsing Vassula, I would understand your not caring.  However, this is just an example of a larger problem:

http://www.britishorthodox.org/113b.php

If you scroll down to the bottom of the above Coptic Orthodox webpage, you'll see a notification warning people about Vassula.  This was written by the Coptic Metropolitan of Great Britain.  A few months later, Vassula's publication falsely stated that the same Metropolitan sent Vassula "good wishes."  Consequently, the Metropolitan had to make another note (at the very bottom of the webpage) stating that this never happened.

Vassula's group has also been claiming that the Vatican notification against her has been modified or rescinded.  This never happened.  In fact the Catholic owner of the below website actually wrote to the Conference of Swiss Bishops to ask them if the Vatican did indeed modify its notice about Vassula and got a negative answer:

http://www.mypage.bluewin.ch/cafarus/tligchurchposition.htm#Swiss%20bishops

It just seems Vassula craves affirmation and endorsement from others.  In fact the last time I looked at her website, they had lots of pictures of her recieving awards and trophies (from organizations I never heard of.)  If she were truly from God she wouldn't care what others thought of her.  Did Christ go around seeking endorsements?  Did any of the saints do that?  Of course not.  This is a woman who wants attention and adulation.  That is not a godly attitude.

ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2007, 09:50:54 PM »

It just seems Vassula craves affirmation and endorsement from others.  In fact the last time I looked at her website, they had lots of pictures of her recieving awards and trophies (from organizations I never heard of.) 
She probably needs to compensate for the fact that she spreads her message in public meetings around the world with out seeking the permission or even against the dissapproval of the local Bishop.
"The Synod of the Church of Greece, the Vatican, the Coptic Bishops all condemn me, but the Venerable Suddhananda Mahathero, President of the Bangladesh Bouddha Kristi Prachar Sangha, has awarded me the Atisha Dipankar & Visuddhananda Peace Gold Award." Pretty weak argument.

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2007, 10:54:35 PM »

Third I have not found anywhere a hint of sexuality or anything perverse. If you would like post some quotes to prove that.

These are the dates of just some of the messages that "hint of sexuality":

3-23-87; 3-30-87; 5-5-87; 5/19/87; 5/25/87; 9/4-6/87; 9/20/87; 9/27/87; 10/1/87; 11/8/87; 10/15/88; 9/28/89; 4/24/90; 9/24/90; 10/1/90; 12/23/90.  Then there are the "Odes of the Holy Trinity" published in February 2003.  Those are particularly bizarre.  In these "Odes" the three Persons of the Holy Trinity appear to Vassula in the form of three men.  I've never heard of the Holy Spirit represented as a man before, but there you have it.  All three of the Persons recite love poetry to Vassula, having taken her up to their bridal chamber.  Again, there is talk of a matrimonial bed:  "and [sic] I in My turn will allow you to unveil My Holy Face on our matrimonial bed..." (Taken from the Ode of the Holy Spirit.)  

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2007, 11:42:02 PM »

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,9511.0.html

Reply number 4 in the above thread provides a different, and perhaps easier to read, translation of the decision by the Holy Synod in Greece.  It makes it clear she's been excommunicated by the Greek Orthodox Church.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:43:43 PM by Salpy » Logged

Kreator

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2007, 03:40:31 AM »

My personal opinion does not change on the topic and I consider these writs useless since I have the opinion of a monk that speaks to God. Salpy I think you should reread those topics, it is just your impression.
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2007, 03:45:51 AM »

My personal opinion does not change on the topic and I consider these writs useless since I have the opinion of a monk that speaks to God.
And the opinion of your Bishops counts for nothing? Are they not monks? Are they not appointed to oversee the Church of Christ? Is Vassula's opinion more weighty than theirs? Open your eyes man!

Kreator

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2007, 03:54:09 AM »

Bishops do not communicate with God and they have been known to eat each other up for a step up in authority. If you really want to clear this out you should find some charismatic monk, they are more common than you think.

edit:  You are a bit stiff ozegeorge, you should look into facts before you express an opinion beyond doubt. This goes both ways.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 04:03:08 AM by Kreator » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2007, 03:56:28 AM »

Bishops do not communicate with God and they have been known to eat each other up for a step up in authority. If you really want to clear this out you should find some charismatic monk, they are more common than you think.
No thanks. I'd rather be in the Church under an Orthodox Bishop than the slavish follower of an heretical guru. No Bishop, no Church- end of story.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:59:05 AM by ozgeorge » Logged

The young fogey
Archon

I'm an alpaca, actually

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »

Vass(o)ula Ryden AFAIK is a free-lance religious leader not under any Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox or Roman Catholic bishop, somewhere between Pentecostal and New Age who happens to be Greek and a born (former?) Orthodox. The channelling of her 'angel' and the automatic writing - occult practices - should tip you off that this is dangerous. I think in another thread it was pointed out that the Vatican rejected the alleged messages. Stay away from this.

Reminds me a bit of Aimee Semple McPherson.

Kreator

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2007, 11:26:38 AM »

I have alreasy answered all these points. Besides the vatican updated its position in 2004. And I have the word of someone I trust. You people not only reject her de facto but you conjure filth out of nowhere and try to attach it to her. You will see soon.
lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »

Besides the vatican updated its position in 2004.

That is not true. The 1995 notification still stands.
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2007, 11:49:29 AM »

I have alreasy answered all these points. Besides the vatican updated its position in 2004. And I have the word of someone I trust. You people not only reject her de facto but you conjure filth out of nowhere and try to attach it to her. You will see soon.

I seem to remember our Lord saying something about knowing people by their fruits.  This one's fruits are perverse fantasies about God.  That is rotten fruit, indeed.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2007, 12:03:27 PM »

That is not true. The 1995 notification still stands.
I really don't think Kreator will listen unless repeatedly presented with concrete facts to support it. Like most "Vassulites", he/she is brainwashed, and brainwashed people do not like their version of reality challenged.

The evidence that that the "Vassulites" in Greece are brainwahed is twofold. Firstly, the fact that they will not accept the publically proclaimed decision of their own Church which states that Vassula is a heretic and is cut off from the Church:
Ἀποφάσεις τῆς Σ.Ε. ἐπί τῶν αἱρέσεων
γιά Βασούλα Ρύντεν καί Παναγιώτη Τουλάτο

Στήν Ἐπιτροπή ἐπί τῶν αἱρέσεων ἔχουν τεθῆ κατά καιρούς αἰτήματα καί ἐρωτήματα μέ τά ὁποῖα ζητεῖται ἡ γνώμη τῆς 'Επιτροπῆς πάνω σέ διάφορα θέματα. Τά αἰτήματα αὐτά τίθενται ἄλλοτε ἀπό ἐνδιαφερομένους Ὀρθοδόξους πιστούς, ἄλλοτε ὅμως καί ἀπό πρόσωπα πού εἶναι ἐνταγμένα σέ διάφορες ὁμάδες ἀσυμβίβαστες μέ τήν Ὀρθόδοξη Πίστη ἤ καί ἀπό τούς ἴδιους τούς ἀρχηγούς τῶν ὁμάδων αὐτῶν. Ἔτσι, στήν Ἐπιτροπή ἀπευθύνθηκαν ἡ ἀρχηγός τῆς ὀργανώσεως "Ἀληθινή ἐν Θεῷ Ζωῇ" κυρία Βασούλα Ρύντεν καί ὁ ἀρχηγός τῆς ὁμάδος "Ἥλιον Φῶς" κ. Παναγιώτης Τουλᾶτος.

Ἡ Ἐπιτροπή ἀσχολήθηκε καί μέ τίς δύο αὐτές περιπτώσεις καί κατέληξε στά ἀκόλουθα συμπεράσματα:

Βασούλα Ρύντεν

"Ἡ Ἐπιτροπή, ἀφοῦ ἐμελέτησε τά στοιχεῖα αὐτά, κρίνει ὅτι ἡ Βασούλα Ρύντεν ἔχει ἐκπέσει ἀπό τήν Ὀρθόδοξον Ἐκκλησίαν, ἔστω καί ἄν τύποις ἐξακολουθῆ νά εἶναι μέλος της".

Συμπληρωματικά γίνεται γνωστόν ὅτι γιά τήν ὀργάνωση τῆς κυρίας Βασούλας Ρύντεν γίνεται ἐκτενής ἀναφορά στό περιοδικό "Διάλογος" τεύχη 14 καί 17 (βλέπε Ἰστοσελίδα τῆς Ἐκκλησίας, τίτλος "Ἐκκλησιαστικός Τύπος" ἤ ζήτησε Ï„á½¹ περιοδικό στό τηλέφωνο 6082 271). Ἡ κυρία Βασούλα ἐμήνυσε τόν Γραμματέα τῆς Σ.Ε. ἐπί αἱρέσεων Ï€.Κυριακό Τσουρό γιά Ï„á½·Ï‚ δημοσιεύσεις αὐτές γιά συκοφαντική δυσφήμιση, ἐπρόκειτο δέ νά ἐκδικασθῆ ἡ ὑπόθεση στίς 30.6.2000, ὅμως ἡ κ.Ρύντεν ἀπέσυρε τήν μήνυση δύο ἡμέρες πρίν τήν δικάσιμο. 
Source: Church of Greece- Synodal Commission on Heresies

Secondly, like the follower of any cult, they fear the wrath of the leader for questioning them: hence the statement:
You will see soon.

Here is a link to the testimony of a survivor of the TLIG cult: http://www.infovassula.ch/tlighome.html#TESTIMONY%201 
After breaking free from the cult, she started a website critiquing TLIG.

Kreator

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »

Let me repeat Ozegeorge in case you didnt get it. I am not part of any cult and I have the testimony of a person who pulls more weight than you ever will. For Gods sake people do your own research instead of posting insubstantial FILTH.

PS. If you are afraid you dont believe in Jesus Christ, period.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:47:30 PM by Kreator » Logged
ozgeorge
Hoplitarches

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

I am not part of any cult and I have the testimony of a person who pulls more weight than you ever will.

Complete contradiction.
If you are "not a member of a cult", then why would you accept the "testimony of a person" against the official decrees of the Church?

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2007, 01:54:45 PM »

Besides the vatican updated its position in 2004.

Ever since the Vatican released its original Notification in 1995, Vassula and her followers have been lying and saying that the Vatican modified its position.  That is why a little over a year after the original Notification, the Vatican had to release another one refuting the lies and affirming that the 1995 statement was still in effect:

http://www.ewtn.com/library/CURIA/CDFRYDN2.HTM

Earlier I linked to this page which contained a statement by an Episcopal Conference affirming that in 2004 the Vatican's position did not change:

http://www.mypage.bluewin.ch/cafarus/tligchurchposition.htm#Swiss%20bishops

The reality is that the Vatican's position is not going to change.  The man who wrote the original Notification is now Pope. 

Vassula and her followers still continue to lie, however.  They are desperate for that endorsement, and if they can't get it honestly, they'll lie about it.  They did the same thing with the Coptic Metropolitan, and one of Vassula's local followers is now lying about my priest.  That's just how they operate.

Think:  Who is the father of lies?  It's not God.

lubeltri
Latin Catholic layman
Protokentarchos

« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2007, 02:10:55 PM »

I don't know why they even try. The Vatican tends to be very skeptical of private revelations, for the reason that for every Lourdes there are 1,000 Vassula Rydens. So if they can't get approval, they'll make it up instead.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2007, 02:35:58 PM »

I am not part of any cult

Kreator,

I know we may sound harsh in some of our posts, but you need to realize that our harshness is not directed toward you personally.  It is, at least in my case, a reflection of the frustration in dealing with a movement which is very deceptive.  We actually care about you, or we wouldn't be warning you away from this woman and her group.

You say you are not part of a cult, but you need to consider the fact that Vassula's group has some of the characteristics of a cult.  For example, Vassula in her messages says that Christ is angry with those who reject her messages and indicates that He may punish them.  See, for example, the messages dated 9/5/88 and 3/8/89.  In the first one, she says when Christ spoke of those who rejected her, he talked angrily and even shouted.  In the latter message, He speaks of possible punishment for those who reject her. 

For your own sake, you need to step back from this and look at it objectively.  The Bible should be enough for us.  We don't need additional revelations.  If you want to supplement your Bible reading with other material, look to the writings of the saints.  Their writings have survived the test of time.  The Greek Church has such a rich treasury of patristic writings!  That is where you should go, instead of a charlatan like Vassula.  Do you have any spiritual father, other than the monk who introduced you to Vassula?  If so, I would talk this over with him and get recommendations for other books to read instead of Vassula.  It can't hurt to try.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 02:38:36 PM by Salpy » Logged

observer
High Elder

Vivre die Raznitsa!

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2007, 01:46:54 AM »

I am apt to think that Ryden's Jesus is none other than Maitreya.  The Jesus, I worship is the Lord,the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Anathama to all witches and a false prophets!

Thou shalt not prefer one thing to another (Law of Liberalism)
Kreator

« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2007, 09:11:52 AM »

Wait until July....
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2007, 09:26:21 AM »

Wait until July....

But I want July to come now... Undecided

jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:28 AM »

Wait until July....

So what exactly are we supposed to look out for in July? I'd honestly love to know. The only thing I'm sorry about is that it isn't a little sooner so that you can be disabused of your beliefs about this false prophet that bit earlier.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
buzuxi
Elder

Faith: GREEK ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: WORLD ORTHODOXY AGAINST ECUMENISM

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2007, 02:55:03 AM »

MODERATION:  Unsupported accusations deleted

She has not an inkling of knowledge about the Triune God, in fact judging from her writings she may not even believe in the all-Holy Trinity at all.
The fact that she is more of a brain-dead **** than a mystic  comes from her lectures themselves! Her lecture at a buddhist temple on the Unity under the One God makes absolutely no sense. If she actually read up on buddhism ,she would know that bhuddists do not believe in a God! Bhuddists believe after a cycle of reincarnations a human achieves Nirvana, which is the extinguishing of the flame of life, and basically one fuses with the cosmic "nothingness".

Thats like me giving a lecture on the Ressurection of the Dead at a Hindu Temple believing that Hindus have the same belief as me! How stupid would i feel after i finish when one points out they only believe in re-incarnation.

She speaks about the love of God, unless.... You do not believe in her, then God may visit you with wrath, OR..... one of her supporters "possessed by God" may kill you as a punishment, lolololol.

Well Kyria Vassula (and i use the word  Kyria loosely, loose being the key word), If your listening or if one of your puppets are, My name is Kostantinos from NY, go ahead send your "boogey man" after me.

Im not afraid of your master, the father of Lies: Satan.

I'm counting down the days till July, ooooohhhh im soooooo afraid.......
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:53:37 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2007, 08:16:20 AM »

She has not an inkling of knowledge about the Triune God, in fact judging from her writings she may not even believe in the all-Holy Trinity at all.
The fact that she is more of a brain-dead bimbo than a mystic  comes from her lectures themselves! Her lecture at a buddhist temple on the Unity under the One God makes absolutely no sense. If she actually read up on buddhism ,she would know that bhuddists do not believe in a God! Bhuddists believe after a cycle of reincarnations a human achieves Nirvana, which is the extinguishing of the flame of life, and basically one fuses with the cosmic "nothingness".

Thats like me giving a lecture on the Ressurection of the Dead at a Hindu Temple believing that Hindus have the same belief as me! How stupid would i feel after i finish when one points out they only believe in re-incarnation.

She speaks about the love of God, unless.... You do not believe in her, then God may visit you with wrath, OR..... one of her supporters "possessed by God" may kill you as a punishment, lolololol.

Well Kyria Vassula (and i use the word  Kyria loosely, loose being the key word), If your listening or if one of your puppets are, My name is Kostantinos from NY, go ahead send your "boogey man" after me.

Im not afraid of your master, the father of Lies: Satan.

I'm counting down the days till July, ooooohhhh im soooooo afraid.......

We all may not like the woman or what she teaches, but I hardly think that merits calling her ****...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:49:16 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2007, 11:28:35 AM »

"Heretic" and "blasphemer" would be more appropriate.  July is almost here, though.  I wonder what is going to happen...

buzuxi
Elder

Faith: GREEK ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: WORLD ORTHODOXY AGAINST ECUMENISM

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2007, 03:56:58 PM »

buzuxi,

To call Vassula Ryden a heretic and a blasphemer, as Salpy did, is quite proper, since her teachings are pretty well known and can be contrasted against the dogmatic Tradition of the Church.  To accuse her moral character as you did, however, is totally inappropriate regardless of what she teaches.  Your accusations, if not supported by public records, can even be considered libel.  Such personal attacks will not be tolerated.

PeterTheAleut
Faith Issues Section Moderator
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:00:33 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2007, 04:32:02 PM »

And where I come from this constitutes the throwing of stones.  Smiley

The woman is clearly not Orthodox or even orthodox, but that's no reason to call to mind her sins when you should be calling to mind your own.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:17:54 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2007, 04:53:19 PM »

The woman is clearly not Orthodox or even orthodox, but that's no reason to call to mind her sins when you should be calling to mind your own.

But where's the fun in that? Wink

Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:35 PM »

Where i come from that makes her a p*******.

I would guess that the word is something rude/degrading.  One wonders what a person is called in that region when they throw out perjoratives and slurs against another human being who is not around to defend themselves... Undecided

I concur with you, Schultz.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2007, 12:20:42 AM »

So July came and went and nothing happened.  I'm so surprised.

Tags: Vassula Theotokos Immaculate Conception heresy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: