OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 02:59:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vassula Ryden Excommunicated  (Read 56405 times) Average Rating: 0
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #225 on: September 22, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »

Vassula Ryden, a visionary known for her "private revelations" that promote indifferentism, and who continues to be enthusiastically supported by many Catholic and Orthodox clergy and hierarchs despite occasional warnings from the Vatican (and a few timid ones from the Orthodox Churches), enthusiastically relates in the latest report on her website that as part of her Mission in Romania on May 2010, a Romanian Orthodox priest invited a Roman Catholic priest to concelebrate the Divine Liturgy of Pentecost.

Full text of blog post can be read here:  http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2010/09/romanian-orthodox-and-roman-catholic.html

Excerpt of blog post added to post to enforce rule against naked links.  -PtA
Was this concelebration with an Eastern Orthodox priest or with an Oriental Orthodox priest?
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2010, 01:46:55 PM »

How many Orientals are there in Romania?
A handful of Armenians.
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2010, 01:56:57 PM »

A handful of Armenians.
True now there are just a handful of Aremnians left in present day Romania, but when Moldovia was part of Turkey the Aremnians played an important role in business - importing goods.  Even when Bukovyna was part of the Austrian Empire after 1775.  Suchava was once a significant city before the capital of Bukovyna was moved to Chernivsti by the Austrians.  Both cities had a population of Armenians with their own richly deocorated churches and of course schools right up until WW1.
Paisius
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

Was this concelebration with an Eastern Orthodox priest or with an Oriental Orthodox priest?

If the pictures on the blog are of the event then it was an Eastern Orthodox priest.

In Christ
Joe

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

A handful of Armenians.
True now there are just a handful of Aremnians left in present day Romania, but when Moldovia was part of Turkey the Aremnians played an important role in business - importing goods.  Even when Bukovyna was part of the Austrian Empire after 1775.  Suchava was once a significant city before the capital of Bukovyna was moved to Chernivsti by the Austrians.  Both cities had a population of Armenians with their own richly deocorated churches and of course schools right up until WW1.

The national poet of Romania, Mihai Eminescu, born Eminovich, is suspected of Armenian descent. Or even Turkish  Shocked. His last name is ultimately Arabic  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2010, 06:17:27 PM »

Up to 1948 about 50 thousand Armenians lived in Romania, now about 2 or 3 thousand, IIRC, are left.
filipinopilgrim

« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2010, 09:19:35 PM »

The fact that so many top Catholic theologians and lay leaders are easily fooled by paranormal phenomena that would have been denounced out of hand by any Catholic priest prior to Vatican II, and by anyone really familiar with Catholic ascetical and mystical theology, just goes to show how so many Catholics are ignorant of their own tradition.

Oh, Puleez. This is nothing more than polemics again.
Geez.

I'm Catholic myself, and a blogger as well. You don't do our faith any favors by pretending that everything is perfect. It seems to me that you've been completely unaware of all the major issues in our Church regarding dissent against the Magisterium of the Popes.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #232 on: September 23, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »

Whether or not the Patriarch of Alexandria communed Catholics, I do not know.  There are no photos of this in the article you reference although she has plenty of photos of the Alexandria visit and the Patriarch.

Here is the video of His Beatitude communing Roman Catholics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGq0FF_RWZw

It's about at about the two-minute mark.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 01:55:39 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2010, 02:50:15 PM »

Whether or not the Patriarch of Alexandria communed Catholics, I do not know.  There are no photos of this in the article you reference although she has plenty of photos of the Alexandria visit and the Patriarch.

I did not see anyone with a big label on him, proclaiming him to be a Roman Catholic. Your conclusion is just a guess.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2010, 03:07:52 PM »

I did not see anyone with a big label on him, proclaiming him to be a Roman Catholic. Your conclusion is just a guess.

I know, you really want to deny it, don't you? If you actually read through the other thread and did a bit of searching on this, you would see that a group of Roman Catholic pilgrims accompanied Ryden to the cathedral with the intention of doing this. She specifically promotes the disobedience of restrictions on communion between ancient churches. It's one of her big things. It's unlikely that His Beatitude knew anything about it, but he must have known what he was doing with the Roman Catholic priest. Even if that is under suspicion, assuming that some Orthodox priests in Alexandria dress that way, or that it might have been a pilgrim, the Roman Catholic monk after him should quell any doubts in your mind. Western rite Orthodox monks are very rare indeed, and any of the ones I have seen do not dress like that.

So suspend the obvious if you must. I'm not the Pope of Alexandria, and I honestly don't presume to judge his intentions. He is accountable before God, not me.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »

So suspend the obvious if you must. I'm not the Pope of Alexandria, and I honestly don't presume to judge his intentions. He is accountable before God, not me.

I agree.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Lenexa

Faith: Old Orthodox

VOCATUS ATQUE NON VOCATUS, DEUS ADERIT

« Reply #236 on: September 23, 2010, 06:58:25 PM »

http://news-nftu.blogspot.com/2010/09/shock-romanian-orthodox-and-roman.html
I never cease to be shocked by all of this. I keep wondering what will happen next.
Why are there not more bishops who stand up and say that this is wrong and bishops guilty of heresy should be deposed.
It was heartening to see the rally that took place in neighboring Moldova.
http://news-nftu.blogspot.com/2010/09/photos-moldova-against-ecumenism.html
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #237 on: September 23, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »

No sources. I don't believe it at all.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #238 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:05 PM »

What don't you believe?
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #239 on: September 23, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »

Interesting--I think I have spoken with that priest several times. He's on my FB friends list.

I'm not surprised that there was a concelebrated Orthodox-Roman Catholic liturgy; I was present at one such myself in 1999 (naturally, the Orthodox priest was acting in disobedience).  People do all sorts of crazy things in this modern age of relativism. Nothing shocks me anymore.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2010, 11:58:22 PM »

I'm not surprised that there was a concelebrated Orthodox-Roman Catholic liturgy; I was present at one such myself in 1999 (naturally, the Orthodox priest was acting in disobedience).  People do all sorts of crazy things in this modern age of relativism. Nothing shocks me anymore.

Was this when you were an Byzantine Catholic? If so, what jurisdiction was the Orthodox priest from?
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

Was this when you were an Byzantine Catholic? If so, what jurisdiction was the Orthodox priest from?

Yes, I was a Byzantine Catholic, but I am not going to say anything identifying about the Orthodox priest because that was 11 years ago.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:30 AM »

"Not only was Rev. Fr. Daniel Crecan inspired to ask Vassula to speak to his congregation after the Divine Liturgy on the great feast of Pentecost Sunday, but he also invited us all to partake in the Eucharist. What a wonderful gift we were given by the Holy Spirit!

Fr. Daniel, the parish priest of this church shares his perspective on the events of this wonderful day:

"On the day of Pentecost was the feast day for our church and many people came to attend the Holy Liturgy. That day in our community we received many special guests who came from many parts of the world: one Greek born in Egypt, one from Switzerland, and one from the Philippines. That was wonderful and very special for us because we had never before had so many nationalities in our church. It does not matter if our Orthodox community is small, but it is our joy to minister together with believers from other countries and different churches. The Swiss man is my good friend and brother in Christ, a Roman-Catholic priest. On that special day drawn by the Spirit we shared together the same Holy Eucharist, the Holy Body and Blood of Christ. It was great, wonderful, divine ... .just like the teachings of our Saviour Christ, "MAY THEY ALL BE ONE!". Communion in the Eucharist is the sign of unity in the Holy Spirit. It was definitely a divine sign given by the Holy Spirit, of full communion in the love of Jesus Christ. But this is not all....we had a lot of people who came to receive the Holy Eucharist, singing, praying together and giving glory to our God. The presence of many Greek-Catholics sharing communion with us in the same church and sharing the Liturgy was indeed another sign of the presence of the Holy Spirit in the middle of our community. No words can ever tell the joy of what it is like to have full communion in truth, in unity with the Holy Spirit."

Vassula Ryden

That day, Fr. Daniel gave the Eucharist to Roman Catholics,
to Vassula & Greek Catholics Dan, his family, and friends

These people are NOT being given communion at the Liturgy.  Fr Daniel is half undressed and not wearing any Phelonion.  What is really happening here?

To see more pictures
http://tlig.org/en/news/2010-09-16/2129/
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2010, 02:01:11 AM »

Did't the Greek Orthodox church that excommunicated her talk to other Orthodox Churches and give them a HEADS UP, and tell them about her.....
Its Confusing this mess ....

I could understand Catholics loving and chasing after these type of visionaries ,They can't seem to get enough of them....But orthodoxy Should Know better especally the Orthodox Clergy....God help us when our Clergy start Falling for this and leading the Orthodox Faithful astray....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:03:34 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2010, 02:13:15 AM »

Continnued.....If this is the Way canonical Orthodoxy is coming too God Help Us . The Breakaway Orthodox Groups are starting to look more more Legitimate in my eyes......
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:14:14 AM by stashko » Logged

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2010, 02:23:50 AM »

Did't the Greek Orthodox church that excommunicated her talk to other Orthodox Churches and give them a HEADS UP, and tell them about her.....

I really do wish that an Orthodox source--EO or OO--would publish and circulate some sort of pamphlet or booklet to educate and warn people about her.  So far all we have are various documents that one can print out from the internet.  It's not quite as effective. 

I could understand Catholics loving and chasing after these type of visionaries ,They can't seem to get enough of them....

One of her greatest critics has been Pope Benedict.

But orthodoxy Should Know better especally the Orthodox Clergy....God help us when our Clergy start Falling for this and leading the Orthodox Faithful astray....

As I've said, her supporters can be deceptive and have actually been known to lie about clergy supporting her and her messages when no such thing has really happened.  I also think some clergy have been tricked into giving the appearance of supporting her when they didn't really know who she was.  I guess more needs to be done to educate not only lay persons about her, but also clergy.

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2010, 02:36:27 AM »

I really do wish that an Orthodox source--EO or OO--would publish and circulate some sort of pamphlet or booklet to educate and warn people about her.  So far all we have are various documents that one can print out from the internet.  It's not quite as effective.  

I could understand Catholics loving and chasing after these type of visionaries ,They can't seem to get enough of them....

But orthodoxy Should Know better especally the Orthodox Clergy....God help us when our Clergy start Falling for this and leading the Orthodox Faithful astray....

As I've said, her supporters can be deceptive and have actually been known to lie about clergy supporting her and her messages when no such thing has really happened.  I also think some clergy have been tricked into giving the appearance of supporting her when they didn't really know who she was.  I guess more needs to be done to educate not only lay persons about her, but also clergy.

Maybe the Pope Did or Didn't By Speaking Loud enough for His Faithful to Hear...Catholics do chase after these weird things ..Just here in Chicago At the Fullerton expressway  Exit, under the bridge someone  noticed a Smudge that he or she interpeted as the Image of the Virgin Mary...Created such a Traffic Jam due to the Catholic Faithful going there to venerate the smudge...That went on for quite a long time...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:37:23 AM by stashko » Logged

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2010, 04:37:45 AM »

What don't you believe?

I don't believe it is an legitimate source of information.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2010, 04:39:01 AM »

I really do wish that an Orthodox source--EO or OO--would publish and circulate some sort of pamphlet or booklet to educate and warn people about her.  So far all we have are various documents that one can print out from the internet.  It's not quite as effective.  

As I've said, her supporters can be deceptive and have actually been known to lie about clergy supporting her and her messages when no such thing has really happened.  I also think some clergy have been tricked into giving the appearance of supporting her when they didn't really know who she was.  I guess more needs to be done to educate not only lay persons about her, but also clergy.

Maybe the Pope Did or Didn't By Speaking Loud enough for His Faithful to Hear...Catholics do chase after these weird things ..Just here in Chicago At the Fullerton expressway  Exit, under the bridge someone  noticed a Smudge that he or she interpeted as the Image of the Virgin Mary...Created such a Traffic Jam due to the Catholic Faithful going there to venerate the smudge...That went on for quite a long time...
And we don't do the same thing?
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2010, 04:57:43 AM »

more pictures

I noticed that Ryden seems to consider herself (above) not as an Orthodox Christian but as a Roman Catholic.  This is from her official wensite.
ma2000
Elder

Faith: ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: ROMANIAN

Saint Anthony The Great

« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2010, 06:19:32 AM »

A handful of Armenians.
True now there are just a handful of Aremnians left in present day Romania, but when Moldovia was part of Turkey the Aremnians played an important role in business - importing goods.  Even when Bukovyna was part of the Austrian Empire after 1775.  Suchava was once a significant city before the capital of Bukovyna was moved to Chernivsti by the Austrians.  Both cities had a population of Armenians with their own richly deocorated churches and of course schools right up until WW1.
The national poet of Romania, Mihai Eminescu, born Eminovich, is suspected of Armenian descent. Or even Turkish  Shocked. His last name is ultimately Arabic  Shocked Shocked Shocked
I thought it was Serbian Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:22:30 AM by ma2000 » Logged

Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.
Lenexa

« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2010, 10:20:44 AM »

healthy skepticism is good but simply dismissing a news report which is linked to its source:
which is a Vassula Ryden blog.
Scroll down to the section regarding this incident titled:
Sunday, May 23 Pentecost Sunday Divine Liturgy in Bocsa Mantana Parish
Being generally dismissive is not healthy but is simply a sign of refusing to think critically about a troubling or complex issue.
But of course some people prefer the cave.
Continnued.....If this is the Way canonical Orthodoxy is coming too God Help Us . The Breakaway Orthodox Groups are starting to look more more Legitimate in my eyes......
That is why it so hard to be a thoughtful and informed Orthodox Christian within any of the Patriarchates now. Six years ago I was of the mind that the progressive Ecumenism was going down and that we would finally see a return to Tradition and to Orthodoxy as the Unique True Faith. Now however, I see that in spite of a rise of concern for ecumenism as heresy and devotion to Tradition on the part of many lay people and some clergy that most "canonical" bishops either do not care and will never try to prosecute the openly Ecumenist clergy in their ranks. When the "canonical" bishops are simply watching as millions of the faithful follow the heresy of Ecumenism and fall into Hell than I can't help but be shaken. I know of only a small minority of truly great bishops and monks within "canonical" Orthodox jurisdictions and I know that throughout most of the history of the Church only a minority of bishops have been great defenders of the faith but in these terrible times when we are faced with the greatest of heresies, Ecumenism, as it combines so many other heresies, you cannot simply stand-by and watch from a neutral standpoint. All bishops who are truly Orthodox must unite to prosecute the Ecumenists who are using our parishes and dioceses to lead as many people as they can into Hell.
When I feel this way how can I not sympathize with those who have broken away for the sake of the purity of our Orthodox faith. Those who've sown discord and caused the schisms were and are the heretics in the bosom of the Church.
peccatorum
Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus

Faith: roman catholic
Jurisdiction: Brazil

« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:11 AM »

That is why it so hard to be a thoughtful and informed Orthodox Christian within any of the Patriarchates now. Six years ago I was of the mind that the progressive Ecumenism was going down and that we would finally see a return to Tradition and to Orthodoxy as the Unique True Faith. Now however, I see that in spite of a rise of concern for ecumenism as heresy and devotion to Tradition on the part of many lay people and some clergy that most "canonical" bishops either do not care and will never try to prosecute the openly Ecumenist clergy in their ranks. When the "canonical" bishops are simply watching as millions of the faithful follow the heresy of Ecumenism and fall into Hell than I can't help but be shaken. I know of only a small minority of truly great bishops and monks within "canonical" Orthodox jurisdictions and I know that throughout most of the history of the Church only a minority of bishops have been great defenders of the faith but in these terrible times when we are faced with the greatest of heresies, Ecumenism, as it combines so many other heresies, you cannot simply stand-by and watch from a neutral standpoint. All bishops who are truly Orthodox must unite to prosecute the Ecumenists who are using our parishes and dioceses to lead as many people as they can into Hell.
When I feel this way how can I not sympathize with those who have broken away for the sake of the purity of our Orthodox faith. Those who've sown discord and caused the schisms were and are the heretics in the bosom of the Church.
"And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given."
St Mark Gospell, 4:24

Who are YOU to say who's going to heaven or hell? Don't you know that the judgement belongs to God, all praises to Him?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 11:43:57 AM by peccatorum » Logged

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy;
Blessed are the pure in the heart, for they shall see God".
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2010, 11:14:20 AM »

These people are NOT being given communion at the Liturgy.  Fr Daniel is half undressed and not wearing any Phelonion.  What is really happening here?

To see more pictures

It's pretty obvious there was a liturgy and they were communed from those pictures. Fr Daniel appears to have taken off his phelonion to give out communion for some reason.  Irrespective of why he would take off his phelonion, he is clearly shown concelebrating with a Roman Catholic priest, holding up Ryden's book in his Church, and then letting her give a talk. I hope corrective measures are taken to help Fr Daniel realize his mistake.

Please Buy My Book!

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2010, 11:57:45 AM »

How do you know he is Romanian Orthodox Fr. Daniel and not Romanian Catholic Fr. Peter? How do you know it it a Parish under Romanian Patriarchate, not a separate one group? Because Ryden wrote so?

To confirm the report there should be two autonomous relations. Ryden could have written anything on her blog and none from it have to be true.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #255 on: September 24, 2010, 12:22:49 PM »

How do you know he is Romanian Orthodox Fr. Daniel and not Romanian Catholic Fr. Peter? How do you know it it a Parish under Romanian Patriarchate, not a separate one group? Because Ryden wrote so?

To confirm the report there should be two autonomous relations. Ryden could have written anything on her blog and none from it have to be true.

Fr Daniel Crecan is on facebook, if anybody would like to ask him questions...

http://www.facebook.com/REV.DR.DanielCrecan
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »

A handful of Armenians.
True now there are just a handful of Aremnians left in present day Romania, but when Moldovia was part of Turkey the Aremnians played an important role in business - importing goods.  Even when Bukovyna was part of the Austrian Empire after 1775.  Suchava was once a significant city before the capital of Bukovyna was moved to Chernivsti by the Austrians.  Both cities had a population of Armenians with their own richly deocorated churches and of course schools right up until WW1.
The national poet of Romania, Mihai Eminescu, born Eminovich, is suspected of Armenian descent. Or even Turkish  Shocked. His last name is ultimately Arabic  Shocked Shocked Shocked
I thought it was Serbian Smiley

Eminovich sounds like a bosnijan/serbian name......do Arabs have this typ of name also...Russians Have The vich at the end of there names as well...

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2010, 12:58:16 PM »

Fr Daniel Crecan is on facebook, if anybody would like to ask him questions...

http://www.facebook.com/REV.DR.DanielCrecan

I sent him a message last night, but he hasn't responded yet. I've talked to him a few times in the past.

Please Buy My Book!

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »

But orthodoxy Should Know better especially the Orthodox Clergy....God help us when our Clergy start Falling for this and leading the Orthodox Faithful astray....

No We don't If A Holy Ikona starts to weep even in a Private residence It's taken to the church ,so a Bishop  can examine it and do a exoticism on it to make sure its not of the devil....

SubdeaconSL

« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »

No We don't If A Holy Ikona starts to weep even in a Private residence It's taken to the church ,so a Bishop  can examine it and do a exoticism on it to make sure its not of the devil....

I think a bishop who performed an exoticism on an icon would probably be deposed. An exorcism, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be a problem.  Wink
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2010, 01:49:47 PM »

But orthodoxy Should Know better especially the Orthodox Clergy....God help us when our Clergy start Falling for this and leading the Orthodox Faithful astray....

Is this what your church does?
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #261 on: September 24, 2010, 02:13:01 PM »

I think a bishop who performed an exoticism on an icon would probably be deposed. An exorcism, on the other hand, probably wouldn't be a problem.  Wink

Im not talking about the Ikonas that are in churches , example if i had a icona at home that started to weep ,i would take it to church and have a Bishop examine thoroughly ,Im sure he wouldn't just accept it as a authentic miracle with out doing a exorcism on it......Because all iconas arn't purchased thur a church so they may not all be blessed.....

peccatorum

« Reply #262 on: September 24, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »

Im not talking about the Ikonas that are in churches , example if i had a icona at home that started to weep ,i would take it to church and have a Bishop examine thoroughly ,Im sure he wouldn't just accept it as a authentic miracle with out doing a exorcism on it......Because all iconas arn't purchased thur a church so they may not all be blessed.....

Even Aunt Denise takes her images to the church to get them blessed...

stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #263 on: September 24, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »

The national poet of Romania, Mihai Eminescu, born Eminovich, is suspected of Armenian descent. Or even Turkish  Shocked. His last name is ultimately Arabic  Shocked Shocked Shocked
I thought that his last name, or that of his father, was Eminovici, which was a slavic name, and Eminescu was the Romanian version of it? 
stanley123
Protokentarchos

« Reply #264 on: September 24, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »

When the "canonical" bishops are simply watching as millions of the faithful follow the heresy of Ecumenism and fall into Hell than I can't help but be shaken.

Why should millions of these faithful people fall into Hell, if it is not their fault, but they are being led by your Orthodox bishops and priests? Is it official that they will all be falling into Hell? This seems to be pretty strong to me to send millions of faithful Orthodox Christian people to everlasting fire and damnation  in Hell because they are listening to their Orthodox bishops on this issue?

Fixed quote tags...  Nothing more... -PtA
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:41:06 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #265 on: September 24, 2010, 03:37:10 PM »

If those millions only read their betters on the internet, how easely they would avoid ending up in hell Wink
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:38:13 PM by augustin717 » Logged
Lenexa

« Reply #266 on: September 24, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »

Perhaps making arguments using hyperbole is not as well understood as I thought it would be.
No one who really cares about the salvation of his brothers and sisters can simply stand by and let them be led astray. We all have the ability to help and influence people for better or worse.
Perhaps I should've said bishops should be helping lead millions to heaven and not just stand-by and hope they find the way on their own.
peccatorum

« Reply #267 on: September 24, 2010, 10:02:45 PM »

Perhaps making arguments using hyperbole is not as well understood as I thought it would be.
No one who really cares about the salvation of his brothers and sisters can simply stand by and let them be led astray. We all have the ability to help and influence people for better or worse.
Perhaps I should've said bishops should be helping lead millions to heaven and not just stand-by and hope they find the way on their own.
Undecided Don't know... At least in Antiochian Patriarcate here in Rio de Janeiro it's very usual to see Orthodox priests giving communion to Roman Catholics.
Let me tell you all a story: Here in Rio, there is a church called "Paróquia Ortodoxa de Santo Expedito". He is the saint of urgent causes, and is not recognized by the Holy Catholic Church. But every sunday it is full (usually, if you don't arrive early, you'll be almost out of the church), and the people are generally catholics, but the priest (Padre Geraldo) gives eucharist to everybody there. Usually, they do not demand a chrism.
On the other hand, Catholics welcome Orthodox on their parishes, and also give them communion.
Of course both Catholics and Orthodox teach the believers to do not do so unless if leads them into mortal sin or in danger of death, but if you get there by your own legs, they do not let you outside.
Ad Majorem Gloriam Dei

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #268 on: September 24, 2010, 10:07:27 PM »

more pictures

I noticed that Ryden seems to consider herself (above) not as an Orthodox Christian but as a Roman Catholic.  This is from her official wensite.

Father,
I don't think the woman in that picture is Vassula.  I think this is Vassula (the blonde woman in black):

Paisius
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:16 PM »

If those millions only read their betters on the internet, how easely they would avoid ending up in hell Wink

You should listen to your own advice.  Wink

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Tags: Vassula Theotokos Immaculate Conception heresy 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: