Author Topic: For a successful marriage, have a My Big Fat Greek Wedding  (Read 564 times)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
For a successful marriage, have a My Big Fat Greek Wedding
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:33:40 PM »
From the Baltimore Sun:

To improve your odds of a high-quality marriage, try not to have too many sexual partners before you meet “the one.” And when you do find him or her, consider inviting at least 150 people to your wedding.

That’s just some of the practical advice offered by a pair of psychology researchers from the University of Denver who have studied 418 people who participated in the Relationship Development Study. All of them were single and between the ages of 18 and 40 when they joined the study in 2007 and 2008, and all of them had tied the knot by the time the researchers checked in with them five years later.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: For a successful marriage, have a My Big Fat Greek Wedding
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
As usual, our doughty Reporters of Science do not fail to conflate causation and correlation to the greatest possible extent.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Avdima

• Elder
  • Faith: Seeking
  • Jurisdiction: Caliphate of The Overthere...
Re: For a successful marriage, have a My Big Fat Greek Wedding
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

For a successful marriage, have a My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

Forgot to had hairy in there.  :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:43:06 PM by Avdima »