OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 05:45:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to hide my personal e-mail address?  (Read 202 times) Average Rating: 0
littlepilgrim64
Elder

Faith: Pre-catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

« on: June 23, 2014, 10:45:09 PM »

Hi guys. . . I'd like to hide my personal e-mail address from my posts.  Advice please.  I'm probably going to say to myself "Duh" once someone's told me what to do  Smiley
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 10:49:28 PM »

Hi guys. . . I'd like to hide my personal e-mail address from my posts.  Advice please.  I'm probably going to say to myself "Duh" once someone's told me what to do  Smiley

You can hide your e-mail address from public view:

Click on Profile

Click on 'Account Related Settings'

Check 'Hide email address from public.'

That's all there is to it.   Smiley
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:51:14 PM »

If you go to change your profile using the link in the bar towards the top of the page, on the left you will see an option for "Account Related Settings." Just go in there and check the box next to "Hide email address from public?" and you'll be set. Your email will still be visible when you view your profile, and also visible to the mods (I think) and admins, but will be invisible to everyone else.

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:51:42 PM »

I am slow.  Undecided   Cool

Yes, yes, youth is wasted on the young. And so is accumulated experience wasted on the old, the positives of modernism wasted on moderns, the beauty of Christianity wasted on Christians, the utility of scholarship wasted on scholars, and on and on.
littlepilgrim64
Elder

Faith: Pre-catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Got it now . . . muchas gracias  Smiley
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »

Your email will still be visible when you view your profile, and also visible to the mods (I think) and admins, but will be invisible to everyone else.

I was thinking no way in regard to mods. I have not been arrested, no one has asked me out on a date, etc. But it appears that I am wrong:
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,14498.msg206001.html#msg206001
Joha

Faith: Orthodox Christian.

Κύριε, σῶσόν με! Κύριε, ἐλέησον!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:40 AM »

I am slow.  Undecided   Cool

what else is new?  Grin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:57:11 AM by Joha » Logged

Philippians 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"
Psalm 57:2 "I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: