OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 10:14:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: " Our Lord God the Pope ".  (Read 1544 times) Average Rating: 0
Raylight
OC.net guru

Faith: Christian.

« on: June 17, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »

In thread in the News section, there was a discussion about the topic if the Pope is Christ on Earth...etc.

The thread is here http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,59066.msg1140847/topicseen.html#msg1140847

Sense I will go on with the discussion, and as far as I know, that is not allowed in the News section. I will have to finish the discussion here.

What does the title "  Our Lord God the Pope " means ?

It mentioned here...

" The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:

But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v "

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:17:22 PM by Raylight » Logged

Good bye OC.net. I will not post in this forum anymore. I'm thankful to several members here who helped me so much and stood by me. God Bless You All Smiley
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 07:21:04 PM »

The source of such claim is here

http://biblelight.net/Extravagantes.htm

Go to the third letter where it shows the quote of the original message where it says " Our Lord God the Pope ". It was originally written in Latin and it says " Dnm Deu nrm papa ".

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 07:28:42 PM by Raylight » Logged

Good bye OC.net. I will not post in this forum anymore. I'm thankful to several members here who helped me so much and stood by me. God Bless You All Smiley
Deacon Lance
Archon

Faith: Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »

Why would bother with an anti-Catholic Protestant's website?  What do you expect to find there?

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »

Why would bother with an anti-Catholic Protestant's website?  What do you expect to find there?

It might be anti-Catholic website. and I think it is, but is the claim true ? They provide what supposed to be a letter written in Latin and it says that verse.

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:03 PM »

the text

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:09 PM »

the text

It claims that the verse  " Dnm Deu nrm Papa " is the one says " Our Lord God the Pope ".

Notice DeuGod in Latin translated into Deus. Hmm, Deu/Deus. Do both mean different things ?

Deacon Lance
Archon

Jurisdiction: Archeparchy of Pittsburgh

Liturgy at Mt. St. Macrina Pilgrimage

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »

It might be anti-Catholic website. and I think it is, but is the claim true ? They provide what supposed to be a letter written in Latin and it says that verse.

I don't know.  It could be.  If it is, it was an over zealous commentator, not a title actually claimed by the Bishop of Rome.

My cromulent posts embiggen this forum.
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 07:55:15 PM »

I don't know.  It could be.  If it is, it was an over zealous commentator, not a title actually claimed by the Bishop of Rome.

Well, I will pray for the soul of the man who said such awful idiotic thing, calling the Pope God!! Talking about slippery slope

xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

Faith: Protestant (Inquirer)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Christianity

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »

Dei in Latin is a form of Deus. I would assume Deu is also.

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »

It sounds like if a website is anti-Catholic, doesn't mean all what it says are lies. does it ?

I hope the Pope who got the letter said something to the fool who called him God. Like warning him or something.

xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:56 PM »

It sounds like if a website is anti-Catholic, doesn't mean all what it says are lies. does it ?

I hope the Pope who got the letter said something to the fool who called him God. Like warning him or something.

Well, you should check everything to make sure it's accurate. There was one anti-Catholic website that was so inaccurate* that people who are ignorant could be duped by it if they don't check all of it's claims.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:40:59 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

"Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone, believing it to be God." (Mahatma Gandhi)
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:22 PM »

Well, you should check everything to make sure it's accurate. There was one anti-Catholic website that was so inaccurate* that people who are ignorant could be duped by it if they don't check all of it's claims.

In general no matter what the website is, we should check everything to make sure it is true.

Speaking of anti-Catholic websites, I come across some Catholic websites that are anti-Protestantism, and sometimes they go too far and you can feel the anger and hate they have toward Protestants. May the Lord spread His love among all His people.

TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 09:09:45 PM »

Deu wouldnt add up to meaning God, as it is not a proper form of the noun deus, -i (M)

SCREW BON JOVI!
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 09:15:30 PM »

Deu wouldnt add up to meaning God, as it is not a proper form of the noun deus, -i (M)

Well, what does it mean then ? Because I tried to search for a meaning for the term Deu, and all what I got is Deus.

I think maybe one of the Traditionalist Catholics here can help us with it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:19:27 PM by Raylight » Logged

Cavaradossi
法網恢恢,疏而不漏
OC.net guru

Faith: Chalcedonian Automaton Serial No. 5Aj4bx9
Jurisdiction: Chalcedonian Automaton Factory 5

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 09:19:39 PM »

I think that the tilde-like figure above the u is actually an m, so that we have deum (the accusative singular of deus), as the scribe also does that with "hereticu(m)". That being said, I'm not in any way knowledgeable with Latin palaeography, so I can't say for sure.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:21:40 PM by Cavaradossi » Logged

Be comforted, and have faith, O Israel, for your God is infinitely simple and one, composed of no parts.
Didyma

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

St. Lawrence of Canterbury

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »

Oh.  At first I thought it was a Yeshuaisiam thread.

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 10:18:57 PM »

Tadaaaaa, it's me. Raylight.
Wink

Didyma

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

St. Lawrence of Canterbury

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »

Wink

*applause*

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 11:33:48 PM »

Wink

*applause*

Thank you very much.  Smiley

Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »

Medieval Latin had a lot of sigla, so much so that whole syllables could just be represented with a mark -- sometimes the same mark for last syllables regardless of declension. I wouldn't feel any compulsion to believe the MS says what an anti-Catholic website says it says.

A similar accusation that used to interest me is a papal title (translated) "Vicar of Christ." That one is much more believable, yet I've heard Catholics say it is slander.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 01:03:02 AM »

Maybe it's something like godly?

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 01:32:21 PM »

Where are the Traditionalist Catholics ?! I thought they know Latin kind of well. I'm not joking, I'm serious. Where are they ?

xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »

Where are the Traditionalist Catholics ?! I thought they know Latin kind of well. I'm not joking, I'm serious. Where are they ?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:37:28 PM by xOrthodox4Christx » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 01:38:12 PM »

If I were a traditional Catholic I wouldn't be hanging around a forum with a bunch of schismatic Greeks!  Tongue

What's that trad Catholic place, fisheaters? Maybe try there?

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:41:17 PM by Raylight » Logged

Fabio Leite
Archon

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 02:03:45 PM »

http://klaravonassisi.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/the-truth-about-the-anti-catholic-charge-of-lord-god-the-pope/

It is a comment to canon law, not cannon law. And the "lord god the pope" thing is not even in the originals.

Almost certainly a forgery, either by someone trying to accuse Rome, or from a fanatic that actually believes that. Now and then, there are RCs who make outrageous claims that not even the Vatican would accept. I met an ex-RC priest who told me once that he had read a booklet where it was taught that since the Pope has a unique tie to Christ due to being His Vicar, the Pope himself is also, somehow present in the Eucharist, because it is the Body of Christ just like the Church is, and therefore the Church's head could not be missing from it.

The exaltation of the Papacy, although not really stating a divine condition for the bishop of Rome, does lend itself, on occasion to these blasphemies.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:28:07 PM by Fabio Leite » Logged

Many Energies, Three Persons, Two Natures, One God.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

The Pope Emeritus reading OCNet

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 02:22:14 PM »

I an ex-RC priest told me once that he had read a booklet where it was taught that since the Pope has a unique tie to Christ due to being His Vicar, the Pope himself is also, somehow present in the Eucharist, because it is the Body of Christ just like the Church is, and therefore the Church's head could not be missing from it.

Transpopestantiation!

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »

yet when we get overzealous comments from the East (say, like Theodoret of Cyrrhus' letter to Abp. St. Leo I of Old Rome), we are told to recognize it as proof positive of the Vatican's claims.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 02:34:24 PM »

http://klaravonassisi.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/the-truth-about-the-anti-catholic-charge-of-lord-god-the-pope/

It is a comment to canon law, not cannon law. And the "lord god the pope" thing is not even in the originals.

Almost certainly a forgery, either by someone trying to accuse Rome, or from a fanatic that actually believes that. Now and then, there are RCs who make outrageous claims that not even the Vatican would accept. I an ex-RC priest told me once that he had read a booklet where it was taught that since the Pope has a unique tie to Christ due to being His Vicar, the Pope himself is also, somehow present in the Eucharist, because it is the Body of Christ just like the Church is, and therefore the Church's head could not be missing from it.

The exaltation of the Papacy, although not really stating a divine condition for the bishop of Rome, does lend itself, on occasion to these blasphemes.

I'm reading it. Thank you very much.

I have to add something, what is up with the "anti-Catholic" thing that we use a lot these day ? Whenever someone says anything not good about Catholicism or disagree with the Catholic Church on some issues, is somehow anti-Catholic ( I used to say the same thing but now I find it ridicules and it is used too much ). Then we get upset when gays accuse us of being anti-gays because we don't support same-sex marriage!! Like one Bishop said, the Catholic Church is not anti-anybody and not anti-gay. But if we are to go by the logic Catholics use, the Catholic Church is anti-gay, anti-Orthodoxy, anti-Protestantism...etc. Why is it okay for us ( Catholics ) to always play the victim role and others are the evil,heartless and anti-Catholic bigots ?!

When someone says a claim against the Catholic

I think we should stop with the "anti-catholic" nonsense and just reply to the claims against us without being pathetic.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:36:33 PM by Raylight » Logged

Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Archon

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:52 PM »

I found an attempted Catholic defense against this and similar alleged quotes.

http://catholicpoint.blogspot.com/2012/10/pope-claiming-as-god.html

It seems the sources are almost hopelessly obscure. All the same, it does not reflect well on Rome to be mired in this credible of controversy.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »

I found an attempted Catholic defense against this and similar alleged quotes.

http://catholicpoint.blogspot.com/2012/10/pope-claiming-as-god.html

It seems the sources are almost hopelessly obscure. All the same, it does not reflect well on Rome to be mired in this credible of controversy.

There is no smoke without a fire. So for such claims to be made about the Catholic Church and the Pope, means that there must have been times when some people really did believe somehow that the Pope is Christ on Earth.  Plus, there are two ways for people to confess their faith, one verbally and the other by actions. So, if you didn't confess something by the word of mouth, you may did by your actions.  In the past the way the Popes were treated is somehow confessing by actions that they are Christ Himself on Earth. and even today some people by their actions do give a sign of such belief about the Pope.  Yet, that doesn't mean it is the actual teaching of the Church. and I'm good as long as it is not in the Church teaching.  Smiley

Justin Kolodziej
Elder

Faith: I agree with the Church
Jurisdiction: Huh

St. Leo III, Defender of Orthodoxy

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »

Now wait a minute, what about what St. Ignatius wrote to the Ephesians:

Now the more any one sees the bishop keeping silence, the more ought he to revere him. For we ought to receive every one whom the Master of the house sends to be over His household as we would do Him that sent him. It is manifest, therefore, that we should look upon the bishop even as we would upon the Lord Himself.

So, not only the Pope but every bishop should be treated as Christ on Earth.

Where even the last two or three are gathered in His name, He is there in their midst.
Raylight
OC.net guru

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »

Now the more any one sees the bishop keeping silence, the more ought he to revere him. For we ought to receive every one whom the Master of the house sends to be over His household as we would do Him that sent him. It is manifest, therefore, that we should look upon the bishop even as we would upon the Lord Himself.

Could you please explain what do you exactly mean by " should be treated as Christ on Earth " ?

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »

It's different than saying "Our Lord God the Pope".  St. Ignatius wrote elsewhere that the bishop's honor is akin to the Father, and the deacons to the Son.  But we do not worship the bishop or the deacons.

There's an Arabic proverb that says "al Ab Rab" (the Father [is] Lord).  It pretty much tells you how much obedience and honor you need to give to your own biological father.  Likewise this same Semitic value is manifest in the early centuries of the Church, but it's not taken literally to the point where a reincarnation occurs.  Otherwise, we would all be semi-Rastafarians.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 04:19:56 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »

It's a forgery or a scribal error. It only occurs in some copies, not in all.

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 03:33:28 PM »

You guys are hilarious! Roll Eyes

As far as I know (just a mile or two down the road, anyway  Grin), we nefarious Catholics still recite the Nicene Creed, aka the profession of faith.  You know, the one that goes, "I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth and of all things visible and invisible..."  Despite any claims to the contrary, this does NOT describe, nor has it ever described, nor will it ever describe any Pope.  

There are those who, unfortunately, engage in pope-olatry, but that's really just a sin against the 1st Commandment.

Who is Christ on earth?  Most likely your neighbor and your enemy and that homeless guy I didn't offer a decent meal to.  

Anyone, imho, who thinks or believes that the Pope is "Our Lord God" is a heretic.

Just my 2-cents worth. Smiley  (As I don my flame-retardant suit . Grin)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:35:55 PM by J Michael » Logged

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:43 PM »

Almost certainly a forgery, either by someone trying to accuse Rome, or from a fanatic that actually believes that. Now and then, there are RCs who make outrageous claims that not even the Vatican would accept. I an ex-RC priest told me once that he had read a booklet where it was taught that since the Pope has a unique tie to Christ due to being His Vicar, the Pope himself is also, somehow present in the Eucharist, because it is the Body of Christ just like the Church is, and therefore the Church's head could not be missing from it.

The exaltation of the Papacy, although not really stating a divine condition for the bishop of Rome, does lend itself, on occasion to these blasphemes.

I'm reading it. Thank you very much.

I have to add something, what is up with the "anti-Catholic" thing that we use a lot these day ? Whenever someone says anything not good about Catholicism or disagree with the Catholic Church on some issues, is somehow anti-Catholic ( I used to say the same thing but now I find it ridicules and it is used too much ). Then we get upset when gays accuse us of being anti-gays because we don't support same-sex marriage!! Like one Bishop said, the Catholic Church is not anti-anybody and not anti-gay. But if we are to go by the logic Catholics use, the Catholic Church is anti-gay, anti-Orthodoxy, anti-Protestantism...etc. Why is it okay for us ( Catholics ) to always play the victim role and others are the evil,heartless and anti-Catholic bigots ?!

When someone says a claim against the Catholic

I think we should stop with the "anti-catholic" nonsense and just reply to the claims against us without being pathetic.

I agree, to some extent with your points. However, when Catholics might be called "anti-Orthodox", in most cases it's a pro-proselytism / pro-uniatism kind of thing. (I'm not saying that makes Catholics better, just that calling it anti-Orthodox is a slight oversimplification.)

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
xOrthodox4Christx
Archon

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »

That's not what the passage says. Just because it says we should venerate the Bishop as we venerate Christ, doesn't mean the Bishop is god. Protestants usually bring up the reverse argument against Saint veneration.

Gunnarr
OC.net guru

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »

I agree

It makes no sense otherwise

I just imagined immediately reading it, perhaps that monk did not get enough sleep that night!

I am a demonic servant! Beware!
Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Archon

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »

I'm not buying scribal error of the not-enough-coffee kind. They don't say there's wording that differs, they're pointing out that the whole sentence is gone in some manuscripts (and in modern editions). I would buy that the statement was controversial from the start and elided by those with sense. At any rate, such stuff is mostly irrelevant since Vatican II -- I mean, in any but a history-sheds-light-on-the-present way.

Cyrillic
Warned
Merarches

Ceci n'est pas une pipe

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:27 AM »

I'm not buying scribal error of the not-enough-coffee kind.

Why then does this particular reading only occur in a few, and not all, copies?

"But slay her he did not, for between dream and deed laws and practicalities remain"
-Willem Elschot, 'The Marriage'.
JoeS2
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 11:54:57 AM »

the text

It claims that the verse  " Dnm Deu nrm Papa " is the one says " Our Lord God the Pope ".

Notice DeuGod in Latin translated into Deus. Hmm, Deu/Deus. Do both mean different things ?

Im sure the Pope from time to time was looked upon as "God on Earth" at some time in the RCC's history...After all he is considered the Vicar of Christ on Earth to many followers, why should this be a surprise to anyone?
JoeS2
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »

I agree

I just imagined immediately reading it, perhaps that monk did not get enough sleep that night!

Even St. Peter wasn't considered a 'god'.
Porter ODoran
Erst Amish Appalachian
Archon

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »

I agree

Even St. Peter wasn't considered a 'god'.

SS. Paul and Barnabas were tho. Wink

minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »

We're all gods as Christ said. We just act like complete idiots almost all the time. Tongue

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: