OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 12:41:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Library Of Congress Selects OrthodoxChristianity.net!  (Read 1292 times) Average Rating: 0
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« on: April 20, 2005, 02:38:07 AM »

Date: 4/19/2005 11:47:03 -0400
Reply-to: minerva@loc.gov
To: bob@orthodoxchristianity.net
Subject: Library of Congress Permission Request 85611 D    All headers
To Whom It May Concern:

The United States Library of Congress preserves the Nation's cultural artifacts and provides enduring access to them. The Library's traditional functions, acquiring, cataloging, preserving and serving collection materials of historical importance to the Congress and to the American people to foster education and scholarship, extend to digital materials, including Web sites.  The Library has selected your site for inclusion in the historic collection of Internet materials related to the death of Pope John Paul II and the election of a new Pope. The following URL has been selected:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/newboard/index.php

The Library of Congress or its agent will engage in the collection of content from your Web site at regular intervals. The Library will make this collection available to researchers onsite at Library facilities. The Library also wishes to make the collection available to offsite researchers by hosting the collection on the Library's public access Web site.  The Library hopes that you share its vision of preserving Web materials about the death of Pope John Paul II and permitting researchers from across the world to access them.

If you agree to permit offsite access to your materials through the Library's Web site, please click the following link to signify your consent.

http://www.loc.gov/minerva/display_acceptance.php?id=ODU2MTE=&pos=d3d3Lm9ydGhvZG94Y2hyaXN0aWFuaXR5Lm5ldC9uZXdib2FyZC9pbmRleC5waHA=&con=Ym9iQG9ydGhvZG94Y2hyaXN0aWFuaXR5Lm5ldA==&tc=UG9wZSBKb2huIFBhdWwgSUk=

If you have questions, comments or recommendations concerning the Pope John Paul II Web Archive, please e-mail the Library's Minerva Web Preservation Project at minerva@loc.gov at your earliest convenience.

Thank You,

Minerva Web Preservation Project
Library of Congress
minerva@loc.gov
http://www.loc.gov/minerva
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 08:33:07 AM »

Guess this means "some" Embarrassed of us should go back and clean up our posts now.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 10:50:05 AM »

This may lead alot of us to think before we type.  "O Lord set a guard at the door of my lips."

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 10:53:09 AM »

This may lead alot of us to think before we type.  "O Lord set a guard at the door of my lips."

And those of us with Blessed Augustine's mindset might tack on "but not yet" to the end of that.  Wink

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 11:36:52 AM »

I always liked that remark of Blessed Augustine.  I hope he meant it as a joke, tho...lol

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 11:52:28 AM »

I find this intriguing yet surprising.  That all of the talk of the last 3 weeks is noticed by the Library of Congress?!?

I'm afraid my first thought was  "It's too late for April Fool's Day even on the Julian Calendar"  Cheesy

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 12:10:41 PM »

It is certainly interesting to say the least.

http://www.novusordowatch.com got one too
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: