OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 06:33:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: grant me to greet the coming day in peace  (Read 1742 times) Average Rating: 0
Philokalia
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat

Faith: Roman Catholic

Hail Mary Full of Grace

« on: April 18, 2005, 04:58:36 PM »

I very much like the prayer-

"O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon Your holy will.   In every hour of the day reveal Your will to me.Bless my dealings with all who surround me.   Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all.    In all my words and deeds, guide my thoughts and feelings.  In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by You.  Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrasssing others.  Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring.   Direct my will, teach me to pray. And, Yourself, pray in me.   Amen."

Which I think is by Metropolitan Philaret. Is this widely used today by Orthodox believers?

Violence is a lie, for it goes against the truth of our faith, the truth of our humanity. Violence destroys what it claims to defend: the dignity, the life, the freedom of human beings. Violence is a crime against humanity, for it destroys the very fabric of society.
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 05:20:26 PM »

I think it's growing. I have heard it before and I found it included in a few sets of "morning prayers." It is by  Met. Philaret.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 05:31:37 PM by choirfiend » Logged

Qui cantat, bis orat
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 06:13:49 PM »

I have a weekly planner written up by the GOA that has that prayer as a part of a short discipline of morning prayers.  I've grown fond of it myself.

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
choirfiend
ManIsChristian=iRnotgrEek.
High Elder

Rachael weeping for her children, for they are not

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 06:24:44 PM »

I have one of those too Smiley We got them for free (yay!) at the Christmas Conference

Qui cantat, bis orat
Sabbas
Drink from your own wells
High Elder

St. Glicherie True Orthodox Church of Romania

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:17:13 PM »

I think this is the full prayer of St.Philaret of Moscow http://www.stvladimirs.ca/library/morning-prayer-philaret-moscow.html
I have not used it as it is not in the Jordanville Prayerbook I have. I usually just use those prayers and a morning prayer attributed to the Optina monastery which is very similar to the prayer you listed though I do not think they are the same. I sometimes say St.Patrick's Lorica in addition to this.

www.hungersite.com  Ãƒâ€šÃ‚  www.freedonation.com you can donate up to 20 times at freedonation.  http://www.pomog.org/ has online 1851 Sir Lancelot C.L. Brenton English translation of Septuagint.http://www.cnrs.ubc.ca/greekbible/ Original Koine Septuagint and New Testament.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: