OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 23, 2014, 02:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jurisdictional Change while a catechumen?  (Read 132 times) Average Rating: 0
truthseeker32
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

« on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:38 PM »

I apologize if Jurisdiction isn't the proper term to use for my inquiry. Hopefully the mod can fix it if it is inappropriate.

I became a catechumen at an Antiochian parish back in January. It is a wonderful, rapidly growing parish, and therein lies my problem. Even though it is not the closest, I chose the parish because, unlike the other ethnic parishes in the area, it is mostly converts and I thought this would make it a better fit. However, because it is growing so quickly, because I live two hours away, and because the parish only has one available priest I am lucky if I am able to speak with my priest once every three months. Such sparse meetings have made the catechumen process difficult for me. I feel I often need spiritual guidance and am unable to obtain any.

I have a good friend who attends one of the four Greek parishes in our area and he is able to meet with his priest for discussion and guidance weekly if he so wishes because unlike the Antiochian parish, the Greek parishes have 6 priests in the area. He has suggested I attend the nearest Greek parish instead.

Is transferring jurisdictions while a catechumen an option?
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 11:15:05 PM »

Is transferring jurisdictions while a catechumen an option?

Certainly.  The most important issue facing you would be making sure that both priests are on board with your choice and the reasons for it. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Tags: Jurisdiction Change 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: