OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 04:29:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radicals or just Western exaggeration?  (Read 386 times) Average Rating: 0
andrewlya
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Christianity is not a religion,it is a relationship with God

Christian all my life and is still learning

« on: June 04, 2014, 02:17:11 PM »

Hi brothers and sisters,

I don't know how it is in your country and whether you pay attention to this but in my country, England, I read and hear news about radical Islam on daily basis whether it is a British Muslim going to Syria and makes threats back to the UK , to his own homeland, or some conservative Muslim family beat up their daughter for seeing a non Muslim person.

I don't intentionally read news about Islam but this religion comes up on news almost daily,so it's hard to ignore...

When there is something negative is reported in the press the moderate Muslims always say that this is not a true Islam as Islam is a religion of peace, but surely there is no smoke without fire?

Most of radicals are very religious Muslim people on one hand and on the other there pious Muslims who are nice and moderate who follow the same religion,so why there seems to be two branches of Islam a moderate and a radical? Does the Qur'an have to do anything with its interpretation?

Also, do you think the Western news constantly try to pick out something negative to report about the Muslims? I mean I don't hear anything negative reported about Jews,Christians,Hindus or any other religion, just Islam...is it just the media being selective?

For example, according to the USA statistics most of terrorists offenses in America are committed by Latinos, even Jewish terrorist offenses in the USA stand at 7%, while Islamic terrorist offenses stand at 6%, but you never hear about Jewish terrorist acts in America blowing things up etc only Islam is reported constantly on the news...why is that? And what terrorist offenses are committed by the Jews in the USA anyway according to this statistics that we never hear about?
 For more info:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html

Ps. So, what kind of terrorist crimes do Jews commit in the USA that we dont hear about?

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »

Hi brothers and sisters,

I don't know how it is in your country and whether you pay attention to this but in my country, England, I read and hear news about radical Islam on daily basis whether it is a British Muslim going to Syria and makes threats back to the UK , to his own homeland, or some conservative Muslim family beat up their daughter for seeing a non Muslim person.

I don't intentionally read news about Islam but this religion comes up on news almost daily,so it's hard to ignore...

When there is something negative is reported in the press the moderate Muslims always say that this is not a true Islam as Islam is a religion of peace, but surely there is no smoke without fire?

Most of radicals are very religious Muslim people on one hand and on the other there pious Muslims who are nice and moderate who follow the same religion,so why there seems to be two branches of Islam a moderate and a radical? Does the Qur'an have to do anything with its interpretation?

Also, do you think the Western news constantly try to pick out something negative to report about the Muslims? I mean I don't hear anything negative reported about Jews,Christians,Hindus or any other religion, just Islam...is it just the media being selective?

For example, according to the USA statistics most of terrorists offenses in America are committed by Latinos, even Jewish terrorist offenses in the USA stand at 7%, while Islamic terrorist offenses stand at 6%, but you never hear about Jewish terrorist acts in America blowing things up etc only Islam is reported constantly on the news...why is that? And what terrorist offenses are committed by the Jews in the USA anyway according to this statistics that we never hear about?
 For more info:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/05/muslims-only-carried-out-2-5-percent-of-terrorist-attacks-on-u-s-soil-between-1970-and-2012.html

Ps. So, what kind of terrorist crimes do Jews commit in the USA that we dont hear about?

The article links to a list of all terrorist actions on US soil from 1980-2005 from a 2005 publication on terrorism published by the FBI.  You probably haven't heard about most of these.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Justin Kolodziej
Elder

Faith: I agree with the Church
Jurisdiction: Huh

St. Leo III, Defender of Orthodoxy

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:22 PM »

True Islam is the one that conquered the Eastern Roman (aka Byzantine) Empire and tried to conquer Europe from the 600s on. Some would say they're still trying to conquer Europe even today, by somewhat different means.

Where even the last two or three are gathered in His name, He is there in their midst.
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 11:43:24 AM »

Muslims say that media use their religion selectively in a sort of Islamaohobic campaign manner, but I think if the Muslims themselves stopped doing appalling atrocities and interstated more in England showing that they are reaching out to non Muslim in an open way instead of isolating themselves from the British society then the media wouldn't have anything bad to report about them

I believe in one God the Father and His Son the Messiah, the Savior of all the people
Dan-Romania
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 11:47:03 AM »

I don't know but in Europe they made matzos from tortured christian babies.

This user no longer posts here.
andrewlya
Elder

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »

Its an anti Jew myth that dates back a long time ago...

Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »

Its an anti Jew myth that dates back a long time ago...

I'm pretty sure that's what Dan-Romania meant (or maybe I'm overly optimistic  Lips Sealed).

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: