OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 09:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's wrong with the kids these days?  (Read 780 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 10:13:21 AM »

Denise's comment on the faster rate of information travel is spot on, though I still think kids today are mostly crap.  You ever see that Yo Gabba Gabba and Dora the Exploradora crap?  Back in my day we watched Thomas the Tank Engine and Beavis and Butthead.  Quality, educational entertainment, that was.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
IoanC
Archon

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

From my perspective, it has to do with lack of proper education and environment which in turn has to do with the loss of traditional values in favor of excessive materialism and excessive sensuality (which lead to loss of emotional sensitivity and even pure violence).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:18:56 AM by IoanC » Logged

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

Denise's comment on the faster rate of information travel is spot on, though I still think kids today are mostly crap.  You ever see that Yo Gabba Gabba and Dora the Exploradora crap?  Back in my day we watched Thomas the Tank Engine and Beavis and Butthead.  Quality, educational entertainment, that was.

Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 10:31:13 AM »

Thomas the Tank Engine? Oh please!
We had a giant genderless chicken and a Teddy Bear wearing a ballerina skirt. 

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 11:23:44 AM »

Denise's comment on the faster rate of information travel is spot on, though I still think kids today are mostly crap.  You ever see that Yo Gabba Gabba and Dora the Exploradora crap?  Back in my day we watched Thomas the Tank Engine and Beavis and Butthead.  Quality, educational entertainment, that was.

Thomas the Tank Engine? Oh please!
We had a giant genderless chicken...

Haha! You must be referring to this genderless chicken:

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 11:24:12 AM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »

This is the second thread in the last few days in which the quality of children is measured by the television they are offered.

These are truly the last days.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 12:31:39 PM »

...so it miiiiiiight be something in the water school lunches. Roll Eyes
'Dey're putting fluoride in sammiches now?!

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: