OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 17, 2014, 10:46:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to have to postpone for now  (Read 243 times) Average Rating: 0
RichC

Faith: Episcopal
Jurisdiction: Northern Indiana

« on: May 30, 2014, 04:47:41 PM »

I was working on converting to orthodoxy (or at least exploring it).  However life is not cooperating and I have to postpone this effort.  My work schedule still blows.  I have several irons in the fire, one a job I applied for and two are businesses that have to be developed. I am pressing to get this done mostly because I am sick of living life on the financial edge. I am living in a rooming house at the moment.  No more whining. I have an attraction to orthodoxy (wonderful liturgy, prayers that really hit home, and a church that stands for something).  I also am affiliated with a Episcopal Benedictine monastery. I still do morning and evening prayer and, for a twist, love the Coptic Book of Hours.  Also going to get the Jordanville Prayer book. For right now I am in a holding pattern.
icecreamsandwich
Likely perpetual neophyte

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong - I'm still learning as I go along.
Porter ODoran
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

Erst Amish Appalachian

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:32:56 PM »

Doesn't sound like you are postponing it, at all....just slowing down the pace.

Remember, that while all earthly things are important, the eternal things are way more important....don't stop searching for eternal salvation.  It is the priority. 

Wink

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
RichC

Faith: Episcopal
Jurisdiction: Northern Indiana

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 07:22:46 PM »

I did want to start the process but it is what it is  I will continue in prayer and reflection. Especially working on patience.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: