OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 04:44:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Western Rite Conference  (Read 384 times) Average Rating: 5
Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« on: May 29, 2014, 03:02:32 PM »

The biennial conference of the AWRV will be held from Tuesday, August 5 through Friday, August 8 at Saints Cyril & Methodius Seminary in Orchard Lake, Michigan.

The theme for the conference will be based on 1 Cor. 9:25, "Every man that striveth for mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible." Presentations will focus on discipline and the spiritual life.

Bp. JOHN (Abdalah) will attend and address the conference attendees. There will be daily Mass with Vespers and Lauds.

Invitation is open to all. Price, accommodations, registration forms, etc., will be available soon.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 03:10:15 PM »

Does HG celebrate services or just attend them?

Sleeper
OC.net guru

On hiatus for the foreseeable future.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 10:59:36 PM »

Good question, unfortunately I don't have an answer. I know HG has only recently become the auxiliary bishop for the Western Rite, so I'm not sure how familiar he is with the actual liturgy.
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:33:52 AM »

Cool.  Cool I don't suppose the address will be "podcasted" (like they do with the Orientale Lumen Conferences)?

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: