OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 04:26:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brutal Eritrean Regime Denies Abune Antonios' Request to Stay in Monastery  (Read 179 times) Average Rating: 0
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« on: May 26, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »

One of the Eritrean Orthodox faithful was recently able to visit Patriarch Abune Antonios in Asmara where he is kept house arrested. The secret visit was arranged  and managed to take a pic by mobile phone.  This pic was taken before 6 months.  Patriarch Abune Antonios have satisfactory health conditions for the moment. The Patriarch is worried about the church and faithful. The Patriarch spends most of the time in prayers.

It was also reported earlier that Patriarch Antonios had requested the authorities several times to shift his location to one of the Orthodox monasteries in the country but the request was never granted. He is still detained in an unknown location in Asmara. The place of detention has not been revealed and it is believed to be a military cantonment area.

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2014/05/latest-snap-and-information-on-the-detained-patriarch-abune-antonios-of-eritrea/

A true man of faith who, despite all the hardships, remains steadfast in prayer and meditation. His ability to maintain a smile even through these difficult times is both an admonishment to his oppressors and a display of his love for the Savior. We (COC) commemorate him in every liturgy. Let us all pray for the safety of HH Abune Antonios and the Christians of Eritrea.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:42:49 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »

Cough.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Severian
God save Egypt, Syria & Iraq
Protokentarchos

Faith: Coptic/Egyptian Orthodoxy

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Christians

Partisangirl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »

Ahhh man! You beat me to it!

Oh, well. It's not like it's less relevant a second time around. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:50:53 PM by Severian » Logged

On hiatus from posting. Forgive me if my posts have lacked humility or tact. Note that some of my older posts -especially those prior to late 2012- may not reflect my current views. In the meantime, please pray for my sinful self as I am in a critical and unsure juncture in my life. Thank you.
Tags: Eritrean Orthodox Church Eritrean Orthodox 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: