I have been a lurker here for about 2 years but never wanted to post. Here is something thats been bothering me about the board. This board seems to have a lot of anti-Slavic and specifically pro-Greek bias. Let me try to point out what I mean:
1) Anastasios. This guy is so obviously enamored with the Greeks that its disturbing. He seems to like a certain bishop and Church in Astoria that is Greek and compares all other Orthodox groups to them. I think they are Old Calendar.
2) Mor Ephrem. He constantly points out that his Syrian tradition is superior to the Byzantine Rite, and that he dislikes various Russian practices because the Greek way is better.
3) Prodromos. A moderator/poster living in Greece.
4) Nektarios. A moderator with strongly pro-Greek views, despite occasional flirtations with ROCOR.
5) Arimethea. An Antiochian afficionado.
6) I also have it on good info that Robert is also a crypto-GOC supporter. So obviously this board moderatorship is overwhelmingly pro-Greek or at least anti-Slav from my experience. Now Pedro seems to be the most moderate, along with ania, and Bogo seems to be totally pro-Slav, so I will throw that in for fairness.
Among posters, we have Aristokles who is extremely pro-EP and the Holy Cross Trio that seem to attack Slavic views on things at any point, degrading our holy Patriarch Alexsy, etc. This is all so very disturbing to me. I would like to see more Slavic representation like we see with Orthodoc and Bogo!