OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 09:09:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Spirits of God  (Read 2355 times) Average Rating: 0
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2014, 01:41:40 AM »

If you want to hear God's voice, here it is:
The voice of God narrating Romans 5-6

Mor Ephrem would mightily approve!  laugh
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:41:55 AM by LBK » Logged
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2014, 01:44:14 AM »

Stephen Levi can you please cut to the chase and just please tell us what your Denomination/Background is please. Can you please give us some basic information on your theology and doctrines that you believe ? That way we can just cut through the nonsense and get a clear view of who you are and what you are about. Also, so we can understand why you are posting in the manner you are.  

Are you a Trinitarian ?

[/size]

I think it's safe to say that everyone reading this thread would like to know the answers to these questions.

How 'bout it, Stephen?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:45:06 AM by LBK » Logged
Jude1:3

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: USA

« Reply #227 on: May 25, 2014, 03:26:41 AM »

Stephen Levi can you please cut to the chase and just please tell us what your Denomination/Background is please. Can you please give us some basic information on your theology and doctrines that you believe ? That way we can just cut through the nonsense and get a clear view of who you are and what you are about. Also, so we can understand why you are posting in the manner you are.  

Are you a Trinitarian ?

[/size]

I think it's safe to say that everyone reading this thread would like to know the answers to these questions.

True
Stephen Levi
Moderated

Jurisdiction: Christian

« Reply #228 on: May 25, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »

The doctrine that I adhere too and live by is the doctrine of Jesus Christ. I am of no denomination or any Christian organization on this earth. I am not from this world.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #229 on: May 25, 2014, 03:37:01 AM »

The doctrine that I adhere too and live by is the doctrine of Jesus Christ. I am of no denomination or any Christian organization on this earth. I am not from this world.
So are you a Martian?
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA - Diocese of the South

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #230 on: May 25, 2014, 03:37:20 AM »

I am not from this world.

Sure seems like it.

Jude1:3

Jurisdiction: USA

« Reply #231 on: May 25, 2014, 04:34:56 AM »

*Sigh*....... Ok. What church did you grow up in ? What Country are you from Etc. ?  Can you please just get to the part where you say you are a prophet or an angel or some other thing. Are you trolling the forums ?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:35:56 AM by Jude1:3 » Logged
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #232 on: May 25, 2014, 04:43:09 AM »

Are you a Trinitarian ?

[/size]

How 'bout it, Stephen?

Still waiting for answers, Stephen. What are you afraid of?
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2014, 04:52:37 AM »

What planet are you from, then? Galaxy? Nebula? Sector of the universe?

BTW, Jesus Christ Himself established an organization on this earth. It's called The Church. If you're not sure about what this means, ask your God.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:53:24 AM by LBK » Logged
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

I too am not from this world.  I was not aware that I had a brother from Kolob here in our midst.  Welcome friend.  Together, we can bring these earthlings from out of the darkness and into the Light.  Too long have we contented ourselves with abducting and probing humanity's orifices.  Today shall usher in a bright new era.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2014, 06:41:58 PM »

I too am not from this world.  I was not aware that I had a brother from Kolob here in our midst.  Welcome friend.  Together, we can bring these earthlings from out of the darkness and into the Light.  Too long have we contented ourselves with abducting and probing humanity's orifices.  Today shall usher in a bright new era.

Quick question to my extra-terrestrial friends...what is so fascinating with human's butts?  That's all you like probing.

Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #236 on: May 25, 2014, 06:54:08 PM »

Quick question to my extra-terrestrial friends...what is so fascinating with human's butts?  That's all you like probing.

Maybe they're just really honest. 

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

Mzack.

« Reply #237 on: May 25, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

Nanu nanu.

For us cognition takes place in our central endothermic chamber, located below our third heart, in about the same place as the left hip in humans. We then expel our thoughts in the form of a pleasant smelling vapor through a central vent hole, and our fellows then inhale and instantaneously understand what we are thinking. Upon seeing the orifice in question we mistakenly thought humans communicated the same way. We were horrified when we learnt that it was actually a waste evacuation tube! Nonetheless, some of our scientists rather enjoyed watching the humans wiggle around during the process, so we left further experimentation in their capable tentacles.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 07:02:04 PM by Justin Kissel » Logged
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #238 on: May 25, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »

Nanu nanu.

For us cognition takes place in our central endothermic chamber, located below our third heart, in about the same place as the left hip in humans. We then expel our thoughts in the form of a pleasant smelling vapor through a central vent hole, and our fellows then inhale and instantaneously understand what we are thinking. Upon seeing the orifice in question we mistakenly thought humans communicated the same way. We were horrified when we learnt that it was actually a waste evacuation tube! Nonetheless, some of our scientists rather enjoyed watching the humans wiggle around during the process, so we left further experimentation in their capable tentacles.

LOL, dem aliens are freaks.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2014, 07:08:57 PM »

Maybe they're med students?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
homedad76

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen

« Reply #240 on: May 25, 2014, 07:10:54 PM »

Upon seeing the orifice in question we mistakenly thought humans communicated the same way.

oh trust me many humans communicate the same way

"However hard I try, I find it impossible to construct anything greater than these three words, 'Love one another' —only to the end, and without exceptions: then all is justified and life is illumined, whereas otherwise it is an abomination and a burden."

—Mother Maria of Paris
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #241 on: May 25, 2014, 07:14:30 PM »

Upon seeing the orifice in question we mistakenly thought humans communicated the same way.

And therefore man himself also might very well have enjoyed absolute power over his members had he not forfeited it by his disobedience; for it is not difficult for God to form him so that what is now moved in his body only by lust should have been moved only at will.

We know, too, that some men are differently constituted from others, and have some rare and remarkable faculty of doing with their body what other men can by no effort do, and, indeed, scarcely believe when they hear of others doing....Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing.

St Augustine, City of God, 14.24

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #242 on: May 25, 2014, 07:33:19 PM »

And therefore man himself also might very well have enjoyed absolute power over his members had he not forfeited it by his disobedience; for it is not difficult for God to form him so that what is now moved in his body only by lust should have been moved only at will.

We know, too, that some men are differently constituted from others, and have some rare and remarkable faculty of doing with their body what other men can by no effort do, and, indeed, scarcely believe when they hear of others doing....Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing.

Forgive me, I thought you were joking.  Oh St. Augustine, you rascal!

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #243 on: May 25, 2014, 07:55:05 PM »

LOL!!!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
TheTrisagion
Armed Feline rider of Flaming Unicorns
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #244 on: May 25, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »

If Stephen Levi can command his bowels to break wind continuously at his pleasure giving the effect of singing, then I shall pay closer attention to his claims.

Have you considered the possibility that your face is an ad hominem?
Somebody just went all Jack Chick up in here.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #245 on: May 25, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »

If Stephen Levi can command his bowels to break wind continuously at his pleasure giving the effect of singing, then I shall pay closer attention to his claims.

God told him never to disclose such capabilities.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
methodius

Faith: orthodox - OCA
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Canada

« Reply #246 on: May 25, 2014, 08:47:57 PM »

....tomorrow a 'clairvoyant.....'
Is that a foretelling

kyrie eleison
methodius

« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »

a 'Metropolitan' is something to do with City+suburbs, isn't it???

kyrie eleison
methodius

« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

perhaps our unearthly visitor is trying to levi-tate himself with his flattus?

kyrie eleison
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #249 on: May 25, 2014, 09:06:04 PM »

I will only listen if he is able to fart the 1812 Overture.  Or any classical music, really.
http://youtu.be/SFLw8aH-M2w

Warning: lots of farts.

LBK
Merarches

« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »

I will only listen if he is able to fart the 1812 Overture. 

... as long as nothing else comes out at the cannon booms.  Tongue laugh laugh laugh
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2014, 10:34:24 PM »

... as long as nothing else comes out at the cannon booms.  Tongue laugh laugh laugh

No fireworks, please.

Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2014, 10:54:56 PM »

What else can you do?
Obey all the commandments of Jesus the Christ.

If you are able to obey all the commandments of Jesus Christ, then I ask the moderators to turn this entire forum over to you so that you can teach us all how to do the same. (Sorry for the sarcasm, but I am wary of anyone who claims to be perfectly obedient to all of Our Lord's commands. I've never heard any Saint make that claim. But more power to you if you have indeed attained theosis.)

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
methodius

« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »

but theosis is an eternal pursuit, is it not?

kyrie eleison
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2014, 10:59:23 PM »

Stephen Levi and Sun Ra!

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #255 on: May 26, 2014, 12:46:30 PM »

Like the urban legend about a group of men who lit a flame behind the lifted tail of a farting cow and ended up blowing up the cow?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
walter1234
High Elder

« Reply #256 on: May 26, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »

According to my experience, It seems that Stephen come from Charismatic Church.

As what I know, some extreme Charismatic Christians like to claim that they can hear the voice of Holy Spirit and see the pictures/ visions all the time. They always tell people Holy Spirit guide them to do this, or order them not to do something. They always claim that they will not take any actions without the instruction of Holy Spirit, even just a small incident. (Give a image to themselves and others that they are very spiritual christians! )

Moreover, they believe all men have the power and even responsibility to heal others and cast out the demons. They like to share all these experiences to others in public as well.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 01:24:14 PM by walter1234 » Logged
methodius

« Reply #257 on: May 26, 2014, 01:50:30 PM »

I just hope he's not like that 'charismatic'  minister in Florida who allowed - read - encouraged -
 rattlesnake to bite him and died 4 days later because he wouldn't allow medical treatment!

kyrie eleison
hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Taxiarches

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2014, 10:45:56 AM »

Like the urban legend about a group of men who lit a flame behind the lifted tail of a farting cow and ended up blowing up the cow?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'll have you know, sir, that that is no urban legend.  I was there.  The fireworks show and the steaks were delightful.

methodius

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2014, 11:50:58 AM »

probably after you had ascented to the, er, unique atmosphere?

kyrie eleison
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »

I'll have you know, sir, that that is no urban legend.  I was there.  The fireworks show and the steaks were delightful.
Of course, one of the stories I'd read was that a flying bone from the exploding cow clocked one of the perps in the head and killed him.
methodius

« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2014, 06:31:53 PM »

Huh haven't we somehow strayed from 'the spirits of God'Huh
I suppose the Gk 'pneuma' = breath, wind; could involve 'breaking wind' but that's stretching the idea a bit?

kyrie eleison
Chrismated

Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox

« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »

Hello LBK,
I am surprised that you kept up with his banter as long as you did. I knew a Pastor years ago, who had a fellow come up to him and tell him that "the Lord told me that you are to give me your pickup truck". The Pastor told him "that's wonderful, and when the Lord tells me the same thing, I'll give it to you". Well, the Lord never told the Pastor to give the fellow his truck. For someone to use "the Lord told me to" for something that he can't even continue on with a descent discussion, makes me doubt who he really is listening to, if anyone.
Stephen Levi
Moderated

« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:37 PM »

According to my experience, It seems that Stephen come from Charismatic Church.

I came from God.  There are no Charismatic Churches in heaven.
Stephen Levi
Moderated

« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2014, 08:32:38 PM »

Hello LBK,
I am surprised that you kept up with his banter as long as you did. I knew a Pastor years ago, who had a fellow come up to him and tell him that "the Lord told me that you are to give me your pickup truck". The Pastor told him "that's wonderful, and when the Lord tells me the same thing, I'll give it to you". Well, the Lord never told the Pastor to give the fellow his truck. For someone to use "the Lord told me to" for something that he can't even continue on with a descent discussion, makes me doubt who he really is listening to, if anyone.
I do not have to ask anyone for anything.  I just speak it and so be it.
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Merarches

« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

Oh dear God, not you again!

Stephen Levi
Moderated

« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »

How come you do not fear the Lord and disrespect the Lord's anointed?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »

You mean this one?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Stephen Levi
Moderated

« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »

They see everything you do in heaven.  They see you disrespecting God and His name and His anointed.

So go for it...do it all you so desire.

You are the one that is accountable for it.

Not me.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 08:54:51 PM by Stephen Levi » Logged
LBK
Merarches

« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2014, 10:44:44 PM »

Who, in your estimation, is God's anointed?
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: