Author Topic: Syriac Orthodox Patriarch honored at Armenian Cathedral in New York  (Read 810 times)

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
On Tuesday, May 13, Archbishop Khajag Barsamian, Primate of the Diocese of the Armenian Church of America (Eastern), hosted an ecumenical gathering at the Diocesan Center in honor of His Holiness Mor Ignatius Aphrem II Karim, the former Metropolitan of the Syriac Archdiocese of the Eastern United States who was recently elected as Patriarch of the Syriac Orthodox Church.

Leaders of the Roman Catholic, Oriental Orthodox, Episcopalian, and Eastern Orthodox churches came together at St. Vartan Armenian Cathedral for a prayer service, followed by a reception to honor Patriarch Ignatius Aphrem.

His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, visiting New York after having traveled to Rome, where he met with His Holiness Pope Francis, presided over the gathering.

From the image gallery:

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Protostrator
  • Look out, ladies!
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Czech Lands
Nice pictures...I would've liked to have prayed in the church with them, but no one tells me the good stuff. 
"Men must avoid entering into sexual relations on Sundays and feast days in order to not give birth to handicapped children." 

St George Karslides

well he is brown.....