OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:43:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Important Pray for Orthodox  (Read 2796 times) Average Rating: 0
Justionios

« on: April 12, 2005, 09:06:47 AM »

There is orthodox that bellong to the EP that belive in violance and punishment of the ones that or not following them , Please pray for them so the can wake up and see that orthodoxy is religion of love, and that its anti-christian to punisch your opponents.

Please give them many prayers thought the are so blind and think that the land-law goes over orthodox law

ΧΑΙΡΕ ΑΝΟΡΘΡΩΣΕΙΣ ΤΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ , ΧΑΙΡΕ Κ
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:24:09 AM »

Are Orthodox parents who punish their children in order to discipline them and teach them correct behavior also anti-Christian?  The Ecumenical Patriarch is not evicting the monks from Esphigmenou because he doesn't like them or because they're his enemies.  They are being disobedient towards one to whom they have pledged obedience and are being disciplined in an attempt to lead them to repent.  If they repent and submit to the obedience they willingly took on, His All-Holiness would surely welcome them with open arms.  They aren't being punished with the malice shown towards an enemy but with the love given to a disobedient child.

I'll pray for the monks who are in rebellion instead of praying that others will join in that schism.

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
Justionios

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 10:12:51 AM »

Dear Veniamin

If would be pleased if pray for all of us, especially your self.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 11:00:08 AM by Justionios » Logged

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »

The Ecumenical Patriarch lost the right to obedience when he lifted the anathemas of 1965, these monks would say.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Ntinos
Σαλός
Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 01:12:42 PM »

The Ecumenical Patriarch lost the right to obedience when he lifted the anathemas of 1965, these monks would say.

Which anathemas are those?

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 01:35:23 PM »

Which anathemas are those?

Against Catholicism.

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:56:50 PM »

There is orthodox that bellong to the EP that belive in violance and punishment of the ones that or not following them , Please pray for them so the can wake up and see that orthodoxy is religion of love, and that its anti-christian to punisch your opponents.

Please give them many prayers thought the are so blind and think that the land-law goes over orthodox law

Justin,
I can't help but see your plea here as a social (or political) agenda to have some group sympathy for these monks.  Again, they are being legitimately evicted for willfully  disobedient to their Hierarch.  The fact the monks MAY be in the 'right' and the hierarch in the 'wrong' is a complete side issue.  If that is the case, the monks should STILL be obedient, but pray for their hierarch.  There are many other 'special' prayer issues that are far more important than this matter.  This isn't some bleeding hear type cause that we need to feel like, 'Oh these poor monks!'. 
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »

But the system of obedience does not include the right to determine when you can be obedient or not....  And I do not accept the statement that this was an extraordinary circumstance... as I said earlier, monastic obedience for Great Schema is obedience to death.

If this was a situation with a parish, maybe my reaction would be different (I don't even want to think about it for now)... but that whole oath of obedience is what keeps this from being rediculous.... if we don't like the forced eviction, take it up with the Greek Law, not with the EP.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Justionios

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 05:54:26 PM »

But the system of obedience does not include the right to determine when you can be obedient or not.... And I do not accept the statement that this was an extraordinary circumstance... as I said earlier, monastic obedience for Great Schema is obedience to death.

It is your duty don't obey if you see that the Patrirch doesn't follow orthodox law. It is called in Greek Apotichismos, Reed about it before you speak, though by supporting an unorthodox hunting is the same as to be the hunter.

And please see how the Patrirch were by force in non orthodox way put as Patriarchs in the 1920.

I really understand The munks and I feel for them because I have find out that they are only following orthodox law. but even if I didn't care today the will hit the Esfigmene munks , tomorrow the will hit me. And they will hit me though I belive in religous freedom, and I can never follow somene with violance

But They toppic was to pray for the ones that belive in violance, and punishments,

ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 05:59:25 PM »

This is a prayer forum.
Perhaps it would be better to discuss this issue in another forum.
We should not use prayer as a way of accusing others of sin or pushing our political agendas.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Justionios

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 06:22:39 PM »

Very right ozgeorge, Please pray alot for the difficult situation and let us hope that Gud will enlight the ones that are wrong

Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 06:26:35 PM »

It is your duty don't obey if you see that the Patrirch doesn't follow orthodox law. It is called in Greek Apotichismos, Reed about it before you speak, though by supporting an unorthodox hunting is the same as to be the hunter.

And please see how the Patrirch were by force in non orthodox way put as Patriarchs in the 1920.

I really understand The munks and I feel for them because I have find out that they are only following orthodox law. but even if I didn't care today the will hit the Esfigmene munks , tomorrow the will hit me. And they will hit me though I belive in religous freedom, and I can never follow somene with violance

But They toppic was to pray for the ones that belive in violance, and punishments,

Justin,
The problem here is that your accusation of not 'following orthodox law' is VERY debateable and your request in this forum, as osgeorge mentioned, actually ends up being political. Sorry, but true. If it were such an issue, then there would be objections than just the Ephisegou monks protesting/disobeying.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 06:32:11 PM »

Everyone here knows that I have nothing against a good debate, and advocate allowing everyone to make their case and let their posistion be known, no matter how unpopular; but we should do it in the right place. Debate in the Prayer Forum? Come on...I know that this is an unmoderated forum...but perhaps it should be moderated, 'prayer requests' that are intended to be critical and spark political debate don't really belong here, maybe they can be stuck on the Free-For-All forum instead.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 08:07:30 PM »

Hear, Hear!

As a regular poster to the prayer Forum, I do like this island of tranquility free from the writings of others trying to push their own agenda.

Lord, have mercy on us all!

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Justionios

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2005, 09:55:50 AM »

I'm sorry but I only begging for prayers to the  orthodox that does n't follow orthodox law and beilve in violance, it can be any one at the mount athos or at other places under EP. When you pray god will understand , the theme is to paray and nothing else.

And it was not me that mentioned any names !!
 So pray and don't think  !!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 10:00:50 AM by Justionios » Logged

eleni

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 12:01:21 AM »

Yes,Justionios ..

Let's pray!

Lord have mercy......

I agree with Justinios...we all are capable of prayers without accusing another with name calling!

If I may say......we can hate the action....but not the person.

May The Protection of the Theotokos of  all True Orthodoxy hear the  prayers of us sinners.....

Most Holy Theotokos ,Mother of God please pray for us and save us.
Amen
helen....

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 12:20:34 AM »

In Slavic traditions we hear in the Divine Liturgy prayers for "all Orthodox Christians". In Greek traditions, we hear in these same prayers say for "all of Your people".

Lord have mercy on us all.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: