OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 01:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greek Font?  (Read 682 times) Average Rating: 0
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« on: May 12, 2014, 11:43:05 PM »

Hello
     I am beginning to learn Classical Greek in my spare time.  Since it is self-study, it may be an exercise in futility, but I am trying it anyway.   I have a question about Greek fonts.  So far, I am using the language bar in Microsoft Word 2010 to type the Greek.  The only way I know to get an acute or circumflex accent or breath mark typed is to use the insert function.  Does anyone know if there is a faster way with Microsoft Word, or does anyone use font software which (s)he likes?
wainscottbl
By the grace of God, King of the South, Grand Duke of Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington and all the Kentuckys, Prince of Alaska, East Ukraine, Crimea and Wallachia
Moderated
OC.net guru

Faith: One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Somewhere between Rome and Constantinople (Roman Catholic investigating Eastern Orthodoxy)

Ice cream for sale! 14 and under only, please!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »

I think you have to download the font from Microsoft or somewhere else. Other alphabets do not come with the version of Word here unless that;s what you order. I am sure you get it in Greece for example, though ancient Greek not sure. It's the same alphabet or no? Anyway sorry. Have to download it. Microsoft might not have it. But find a TRUSTED site. Run virus check on the download if you can and scan you computer after just to be safe.

EDIT: Microsoft should have it and you may have to pay. Microsoft is your best source because you can trust them. A little money is worth keeping your computer clean. I have learned that the hard way.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:00:35 AM by wainscottbl » Logged
Cyrillic
Merarches

Cyrillico est imperare orbi universo

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 05:37:53 AM »

Yes. It's easy.

"And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin
is pride that apes humility."
-Samuel Coleridge
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »

Hello
     I am beginning to learn Classical Greek in my spare time.  Since it is self-study, it may be an exercise in futility, but I am trying it anyway.   I have a question about Greek fonts.  So far, I am using the language bar in Microsoft Word 2010 to type the Greek.  The only way I know to get an acute or circumflex accent or breath mark typed is to use the insert function.  Does anyone know if there is a faster way with Microsoft Word, or does anyone use font software which (s)he likes?

You can always change the keyboard to a greek keyboard. For example, it is possible for me to use the AZERTY keyboard, which is native to France, on my QWERTY laptop. In addition, you can do it with other alphabets, such as Cryllic and I am sure greek too.

SCREW BON JOVI!
isaelie

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:21:24 PM »

fish n chips  police
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: