Author Topic: Cliven Bundy Denies He Is a Racist as Video Emerges of Him Saying Racist Things  (Read 2437 times)

Offline JGHunter

• Settling dust
  • Elder
There seems to be plenty of people with better reasons than this to have a reason to fight the government, but if this is how we fight it then we will end up with anarchy.

When the blacks fought for civil rights in the 60s, Rosa Parks simply refused to move to the back of the bus, Ghandi and Martin Luther King also showed what can be done peacefully, without guns and racist rants.

If only Mandela had folliwed their example. In regard to India not much has changed. The government oppresses the poor and violence is widespread. Only difference is no Englishman pulling the strings. Man will never change by his own power.
Lord Deliver Us.

I no longer use this profile for conversation, only news, PMs and prayer requests.

Online Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
In regard to India not much has changed. The government oppresses the poor and violence is widespread. Only difference is no Englishman pulling the strings. Man will never change by his own power.

Yes, another legacy of the Raj.  We are grateful for the trains, though. 
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: God
Dunno about all that. Just know it worked when it counted the most.

Well, aside from the bit about 'racist rants,' our friends back in 1776 believed in armed insurrection.
It worked, too.
...and our friends back in 1822, 1831, and 1859, all of which didn't work.

There is no way to know that other non-violent means would have worked, and very well may have eventually,  but there is also many others such as terrorist acts and race riots that accomplish nothing more than revenge and fear.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:20:50 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
In regard to India not much has changed. The government oppresses the poor and violence is widespread. Only difference is no Englishman pulling the strings. Man will never change by his own power.

Yes, another legacy of the Raj.  We are grateful for the trains, though. 

No kidding.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"