Author Topic: Cliven Bundy Denies He Is a Racist as Video Emerges of Him Saying Racist Things  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
  • The Lord helps those who help others
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: God

http://news.yahoo.com/cliven-bundy-denies-racist-video-emerges-him-saying-170300790.html;_ylt=AwrBEiEoSWlTlB8AFaDQtDMD

The guy is so full of racism, of course the case against his cattle endangering turtles is also suspect. But that is for the higher courts, not his band of racist militia.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:10:02 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »
The Lord gathers his sheep, I fear I am a goat. Lord have mercy.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
People are upset that the government stepped in when this guy was grazing cattle on public land for so many years.  Government has the right.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
People are upset that the government stepped in when this guy was grazing cattle on public land for so many years.  Government has the right.
My AR-15 and I beg to differ.

/militiacrazies
God bless!

Offline scamandrius

• A man of many, many turns
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: DOWAMA of AANA

No, it doesn't.  Before I say more, I will wait until this is moved to the Politics section.
Da quod iubes et iube quod vis.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches

No, it doesn't.  Before I say more, I will wait until this is moved to the Politics section.

That's fine, I won't read it anyway.  I haven't had a reason to go to the politics forum and not going to start now, especially over Bundy.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches

That's fine, I won't read it anyway.  I haven't had a reason to go to the politics forum and not going to start now, especially over Bundy.
Oh you really should. It is just like oc.net except everyone is meaner and insults each other more often and less creatively.  On second thought, you should not and neither should I.
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
My AR-15 and I beg to differ.

/militiacrazies

Shoot a steer and we'll have a nice barbecue. 

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
I won't go over to the politics section, it's bad enough on Facebook where people (myself included sometimes)  can't help posting memes and half-cooked links to non-fact supported articles designed to solidify their opinions - not to analyze anything critically.  No, that would be way to difficult.....

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
I won't go over to the politics section, it's bad enough on Facebook where people (myself included sometimes)  can't help posting memes and half-cooked links to non-fact supported articles designed to solidify their opinions - not to analyze anything critically.  No, that would be way to difficult.....
Hey quit ragging on Isa and Marc like that!  :laugh:
God bless!

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
Government has the right.

But does that mean that the government should use its right?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 03:17:50 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches

In this case? Yes.  They bent over backward to accomodate that old loon. They should have kicked him off 20 years ago rather than lazing around about it.
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches

It's not a matter of "should", but "will".  Any government on the face of the earth will use force, whether morally right or not, when it comes to land.  The land in question is designated as government land.  Rather than being worried about some old guy's cows, how about worrying Indian reservations and the quality of life for the people living there?  That is government land, too.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite.
  • Archon
Nobody has said a thing about the guy being a radical racist.

"A Christian is someone who follows and worships a perfectly good God who revealed his true face through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth.“

Online Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East

"Lord, I thank you that I am not like other men..."

"Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite."
How this relates to the coming Antichrist? I don't know...

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches

"Everyday I am critical of others. Every day I make similar mistakes. Every day I am a hypocrite."
Easy to say for a guy who loves white people.  :P
God bless!

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

The problem is that we would be better off if more people would admit they are , instead of spewing hate and walking around with guns .

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs

The problem is that we would be better off if more people would admit they are , instead of spewing hate and walking around with guns .

Be the change! 

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
Easy to say for a guy who loves white people.  :P

And don't you ever forget it.  White people are the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human beings I've ever known in my life. 

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

Be the change! 

I will try, how about you?

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs

Once, I read a teaching attributed to Elder Paisios.  Supposedly, he told someone that they should be careful never to look like a saint in the eyes of others because, when you die, they wouldn't pray for you, thinking you were holy and "made it".  Instead, you should always have something by which people could conclude that you were definitely a sinner and in need of prayers...this way, you benefit from their prayer and they benefit by praying.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
That explains you being so humble. :angel:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 05:55:51 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon

And yes, I am a racist too, except that I will freely admit it, and that I know that I have to always try to be "Like a foreigner in a strange land", always aware that I am easily sucked in to the devils trap of prejudice and bigotry.

The person here refuses to admit that, and just like the Klu Klux klan, instead of feeling ashamed to be racist, they see it as their birthright, appropriated by God.

If one does not see something as sinful and repent, how can we be forgiven, and make amends.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:33:34 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
Where's Rambam?

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
Michael Jordan admitted to being a racist when he was younger.

Offline orthonorm

• BANNED for rules violations
  • Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD

Oh you really should. It is just like oc.net except everyone is meaner and insults each other more often and less creatively.  On second thought, you should not and neither should I.

Actually it is much kinder, given the most of the folks there are truly kine, usually from the Kobe class. If you fashion yourself some lone wolf desperado amongst your pack of fellow travelers on tax payer paved roads and want a shoulder to cry on about how woman and gays are getting too much attention, it is a great place to hang.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches

Once, I read a teaching attributed to Elder Paisios.  Supposedly, he told someone that they should be careful never to look like a saint in the eyes of others because, when you die, they wouldn't pray for you, thinking you were holy and "made it".  Instead, you should always have something by which people could conclude that you were definitely a sinner and in need of prayers...this way, you benefit from their prayer and they benefit by praying.
And this is where Orthodoxy just gets weird.
God bless!

Online Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs

I'd love to be that weird.  As it is, I'm fairly boring. 

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches

I'd love to be that weird.  As it is, I'm fairly boring. 
I would like to be holy enough that my concern is that people won't pray for me because people thought I "made it". I don't forsee that being my problem. 

I think Orthonorm might see me in that light though. I always get the sense the he is awed by my holiness. When I'm gone, remind him to pray for me.
God bless!

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
One problem with that elders saying, is that there has never been a saint who was not a sinner  too.

The scripture says there is no one who does good, but as I was saying about this Bundy guy, Unlike saints who struggle to do good, he is unable to see the bad he speaks, because of his culture and the society he has been brought up in, I know because I am also from that country and have seen this bigotry first hand among otherwise decent people.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 04:47:42 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
  • Send lawyers, guns, and money
Awwww, you miss me!

And why should I jump into this fray? If Bundy were a member of the Church, and we were clamouring to email his priest to excommunicate him, that'd be another matter.  

No one's clamping down on free expression, so I'm hunky dory. Also, I don't think hecma's threatened to punch anyone in the face, yet ... so I chalk that up as progress.

There's also the added bonus that I appreciate Bundy's spirit. I love seeing over-weaponized federal bureaucrats get embarrassed.

Whether it's cup-cake commissars prohibiting my local church from hosting a bake sale -- or communion commissars hassling priests to excommunicate members of the church -- I think a little push-back is always in order.  

So please, carry on!

Where's Rambam?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:08:54 PM by Rambam »

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
Awwww, you miss me!

And why should I jump into this fray? If Bundy were a member of the Church, and we were clamouring to email his priest to excommunicate him, that'd be another matter.  

No one's clamping down on free expression, so I'm hunky dory. Also, I don't think hecma's threatened to punch anyone in the face, yet ... so I chalk that up as progress.

There's also the added bonus that I appreciate Bundy's spirit. I love seeing over-weaponized federal bureaucrats get embarrassed.

Whether it's cup-cake commissars prohibiting my local church from hosting a bake sale -- or communion commissars hassling priests to excommunicate members of the church -- I think a little push-back is always in order.  

So please, carry on!

Where's Rambam?

The thread is about his racist rant, not about fighting city hall.

More to the point is how does his racism further his cause.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:29:56 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
I agree with you. Take it up with M.E. -- he was the one jonesing for a little Rambam. Thought I'd give him a fix.

Awwww, you miss me!

So please, carry on!

Where's Rambam?

The thread is about his racist rant, not about fighting city hall.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
Also, I don't think hecma's threatened to punch anyone in the face, yet ... so I chalk that up as progress.

With his redneck security detail, I'd skip the punching.  Don't go into a gunfight with a knife, much less only fists.  In this instance, go into the fight with a long gun.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • St. Gregory the Theologian Orthodox Church
  • Faith: Greek Orthodox (former WR)
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston
As much as I despise taking the US government's side in anything, they're in the right on this one.

The guy needs to pony up on the grazing fees.

Concerning his racist rant, as much as it sucks, they guy has a right to be a racist, and folks have a right to bash him for it. Quite frankly, there are alot more racists in this country with a whole lot more power than some redneck cattle rancher that folks should be truly worried about.

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
Haha. Fair enough.

Where's Janet Reno when we need her? A little flammable tear gas would work wonders.

Also, I don't think hecma's threatened to punch anyone in the face, yet ... so I chalk that up as progress.

With his redneck security detail, I'd skip the punching.  Don't go into a gunfight with a knife, much less only fists.  In this instance, go into the fight with a long gun.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
Haha. Fair enough.

Where's Janet Reno when we need her? A little flammable tear gas would work wonders.

Sigh, the good old days when the Attorney General was a real man.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
There seems to be plenty of people with better reasons than this to have a reason to fight the government, but if this is how we fight it then we will end up with anarchy.

When the blacks fought for civil rights in the 60s, Rosa Parks simply refused to move to the back of the bus, Ghandi and Martin Luther King also showed what can be done peacefully, without guns and racist rants.

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
This is the first time for me to ever post something like this:

"+1"

Well said, sir.

Haha. Fair enough.

Sigh, the good old days when the Attorney General was a real man.

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
Well, aside from the bit about 'racist rants,' our friends back in 1776 believed in armed insurrection.

It worked, too. Which is nice.

There seems to be plenty of people with better reasons than this to have a reason to fight the government, but if this is how we fight it then we will end up with anarchy.

When the blacks fought for civil rights in the 60s, Rosa Parks simply refused to move to the back of the bus, Ghandi and Martin Luther King also showed what can be done peacefully, without guns and racist rants.

Offline Sinful Hypocrite

• Archon
The difference between them and him is they were also part of the government, and they were voting for the changes that they fought for later, they did not simply start a war. They were backed up by free elections.

The electorate chose to follow them, I for one am not voting for this guy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:14:50 PM by Sinful Hypocrite »

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
The difference between them and him is they were also part of the government, and they were voting for the changes that they fought for later, they did not simply start a war. They were backed up by free elections.

The electorate chose to follow them, I for one am not voting for this guy.

Is Bundy running for office?

Offline Jetavan

• Argumentum ad australopithecum
  • Taxiarches
  • Tenzin and Desmond
    • The Mystical Theology
Well, aside from the bit about 'racist rants,' our friends back in 1776 believed in armed insurrection.
It worked, too.
...and our friends back in 1822, 1831, and 1859, all of which didn't work.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 06:57:28 PM by Jetavan »
If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.

Offline Rambam

• High Elder
Dunno about all that. Just know it worked when it counted the most.

It worked, too.
...and our friends back in 1822, 1831, and 1859, all of which didn't work.

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
Guys, I'm not going into details because I don't really have a dog in this fight.   I have researched this out extensively.

It's not entirely what it appears to be.  There are many factors that made militias come and defend his position.  Also the media clipped up his commentary bad (youtube the real interview where they do the cuts vs. actual).

This has to deal with state law vs. federal law.   The state law he has grazing rights on public land and his family had been there before the BLM (federal) "absorbed" the land and started charging fees.  The Nevada law (state) differs which gives grazers the right to graze on public lands.

Hence the reason why the governor of Nevada supported Bundy (but would not act to defend him).   Many came out in support of his position of state law being supreme to federal law (under the constitution as states have sovereignty).

So the militias came out to defend his rights against the federal government.

It's a mess.   But its much much more complicated than the main stream media is painting it.

Again, I don't take any position on it, but it is complex.

In a different situation - which is very important to watch:
Here is a Nevada elected County Sheriff who almost went to "war" with the federal government (in his own words) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaEKB8pU2Tw Part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpOT7wR-wU Part2

We don't see that stuff on the media!
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com