Author Topic: What's it Like Being Alone Forever?  (Read 23995 times)

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Re: What's it Like Being Alone Forever?
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2014, 10:48:53 PM »
Well, I like my women blonde, petite, and physically resembling the dumb Hollywood starlets of yesteryear. I like them to be smart--but not as smart as me, and not too bossy but bossy when she needs to be because I'm used to a woman authoritatively keeping me in check due to my mother.

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2014, 10:55:24 PM »
OOOHEEE!      EEEHOOO!
get rekt, nerd

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2014, 11:00:11 PM »
Well, I like my women blonde, petite, and physically resembling the dumb Hollywood starlets of yesteryear. I like them to be smart--but not as smart as me, and not too bossy but bossy when she needs to be because I'm used to a woman authoritatively keeping me in check due to my mother.

Same here Well she does not have to be blonde but I don't want a girl to be bossy, nerdy and the works. I'll be the nerd. A nerdy girl is just plain annoying. To me she is going against a certain aspect of feminine nature. I would rather the girl be vain and into fashion than into books. Nothing wrong with brains, but a nerdy girl is like a lesbian in the closet.  :D
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.
                                                             -Aristotle

Mor Ephrem, section moderator[/b][/color]

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »

Same here Well she does not have to be blonde but I don't want a girl to be bossy, nerdy and the works. I'll be the nerd. A nerdy girl is just plain annoying. To me she is going against a certain aspect of feminine nature. I would rather the girl be vain and into fashion than into books. Nothing wrong with brains, but a nerdy girl is like a lesbian in the closet.  :D

You disgust me, wainscottbl.  >:(
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:11 PM »
A nerdy girl is just plain annoying. To me she is going against a certain aspect of feminine nature. I would rather the girl be vain and into fashion than into books.

get rekt, nerd

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »

Good. Why though? Pray tell me.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »

Same here Well she does not have to be blonde but I don't want a girl to be bossy, nerdy and the works. I'll be the nerd. A nerdy girl is just plain annoying. To me she is going against a certain aspect of feminine nature. I would rather the girl be vain and into fashion than into books. Nothing wrong with brains, but a nerdy girl is like a lesbian in the closet.  :D

You disgust me, wainscottbl.  >:(

Good. Why though? Pray tell me.

I'm happy to tell you, in two simple words: Grow Up.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:05:01 PM by LBK »

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »
Well I feel that if I disgust you I am doing something right. So it's my pleasure to serve you. You disgust me, too, by the way.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Need I answer that, James?  ::)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2014, 11:11:35 PM »
Well I feel that if I disgust you I am doing something right. So it's my pleasure to serve you. You disgust me, too, by the way.

I'm immune to flattery.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2014, 11:13:32 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Well it was an honest question. I don't fully agree with wainscottbl's concept of the perfect woman--namely, I still like my women smart, just not as smart as me--and wanted to make that clear, although I can somewhat sympathize with his position.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Well it was an honest question. I don't fully agree with wainscottbl's concept of the perfect woman--namely, I still like my women smart, just not as smart as me--and wanted to make that clear, although I can somewhat sympathize with his position.

To answer your own OP: I don't think you will have any problem finding out exactly what its like to be alone forever.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2014, 11:16:12 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

No, I doubt it though he might think you're weird, but I'd be proud of that one. The vulgar always see the great that way. The great must be different. Why be like all the other poor dullards, JamesR? You're weird. You got problemz as you say in your signature. But me, I'm disgusting.  LBK did not like my simile. He found it morally repugnant. Or maybe it was something else I said or all of it.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:10 PM »
And in regards to the question: I think it's good you know you may well want to be alone. That way you do not rush to find some girl because it's "what you are supposed to do". If you really find that right girl you will not be so quick to rush into marriage because you know the negatives of it--what you lose from a bachelor life. For the present a few good friends are good. You don't need many. A few good ones. Quality beats quantity and fidelity is far better than flattery.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2014, 11:19:37 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

No, I doubt it though he might think you're weird, but I'd be proud of that one. The vulgar always see the great that way. The great must be different. Why be like all the other poor dullards, JamesR? You're weird. You got problemz as you say in your signature. But me, I'm disgusting.  LBK did not like my simile. He found it morally repugnant. Or maybe it was something else I said or all of it.

LBK speaks from having lived much, much longer than you or JamesR have. The attitudes to women you two have displayed will get you nowhere when it comes to relationships with women.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2014, 11:22:38 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

LBK speaks from having lived much, much longer than you or JamesR have. The attitudes to women you two have displayed will get you nowhere when it comes to relationships with women.

JamesR, from what I have seen has been nice about women. He just said he is not sure he wants one because he likes time alone. I am the one who likes "bash women". You're confusing us, I think. Where has JamesR shown any bad attitudes to women? In good humour or good faith he might have explained his frustrations with women, but that's pretty common. You know the whole "men are form Mars, women are from Venus" thing?
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2014, 11:22:49 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

To answer your own OP: I don't think you will have any problem finding out exactly what its like to be alone forever.

Lord willing, I'll be as forever alone as you are someday  ;)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:47 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Lord willing, I'll be as forever alone as you are someday  ;)

I'm happily married. Try again.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:59 PM »
JamesR, from what I have seen has been nice about women. He just said he is not sure he wants one because he likes time alone. I am the one who likes "bash women". You're confusing us, I think. Where has JamesR shown any bad attitudes to women? In good humour or good faith he might have explained his frustrations with women, but that's pretty common. You know the whole "men are form Mars, women are from Venus" thing?

You haven't been on this forum long enough to be able to come to a truly informed opinion on that.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
  • Faith: GOAA
  • Jurisdiction: Antonis said I'm not Christian, so...
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2014, 11:25:32 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

You obviously have not read his complete posting history. You do not know what you are talking about.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

And you'll sleep, but they'll find you

Come back my dream into my arms, into my arms

London is drowning, and I live by the river

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Like what? The fact that I still hold open doors for them, lift things for them, and give up my seats to them among other things? Or that I have tea-parties with my toddler sister? I've never said anything wrong about womenkind in general; only particular women and particular types of women I have trouble with, along with my casual frustrations with women that I'm sure you women have with men as well. You want some real misogyny? Check out anything Vamrat or Isa posts--as much as I love and admire those guys, they got some problems with women.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »

Did I disgust you too?

Like what? The fact that I still hold open doors for them, lift things for them, and give up my seats to them among other things? Or that I have tea-parties with my toddler sister? I've never said anything wrong about womenkind in general; only particular women and particular types of women I have trouble with, along with my casual frustrations with women that I'm sure you women have with men as well. You want some real misogyny? Check out anything Vamrat or Isa posts--as much as I love and admire those guys, they got some problems with women.

Absolute garbage, and 'tu quoque' to boot.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »
You obviously have not read his complete posting history. You do not know what you are talking about.

Yeah like the time I made an entire thread in honor of my sister or asked for an Akathist to say on behalf of those prostitutes in Oakland I see all the time who I feel great sorrow for.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:29 PM »

Yeah like the time I made an entire thread in honor of my sister or asked for an Akathist to say on behalf of those prostitutes in Oakland I see all the time who I feel great sorrow for.

Or like the time you said women are too emotional to do any serious jobs or that American women were "b-wordy." Or the million threads you started on how you should be able to have casual sex with anyone you want because a woman would just 'force' you to get married so she can take your money. Or how all the women are the same because of three people you know.

Just because you choose to have a selective memory doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »

Or like the time you said women are too emotional to do any serious jobs or that American women were "b-wordy." Or the million threads you started on how you should be able to have casual sex with anyone you want because a woman would just 'force' you to get married so she can take your money. Or how all the women are the same because of three people you know.

Just because you choose to have a selective memory doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Then there's the mail-order bride thread .....  ::)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:26 PM »
Oh yeah, that too.

:police:

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2014, 11:33:02 PM »

Well the first thing about jobs is just casual complaining about differences between the sexes. All of your other examples are against about specific women and specific types of women I dislike or am afraid of. You'd have to dig harder to find anything wrong I've ever said about all women, which, I don't recall ever doing. Although if I did, I'd apologize and acknowledge it as a result of my rough relationships growing up with the women in my life.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »

That's not sexist against women in specific; that's just disrespectful to humans in general. If I were gay or female I'd want a mail-order husband as well. I'm disrespectful toward all humans equally  :angel:

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2014, 11:34:39 PM »
No, you'd start another thread about it, and then claim to have sudden memory loss, like you're doing now.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2014, 11:37:16 PM »

That's not sexist against women in specific; that's just disrespectful to humans in general. If I were gay or female I'd want a mail-order husband as well. I'm disrespectful toward all humans equally  :angel:

See?

This is the Orthodox Family forum. Not the 'I'm bitter and I don't like families' forum.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2014, 11:41:30 PM »

Hey you are acting like he was going to buy a sex slave. The women do it of free will so how is it sexist? Because they "exploit" themselves? That's on them. And ordering them does not even imply a lack of respect for the sex. Maybe in your liberal eyes, but it does not follow logically. I don't expect either honesty, decency, or intelligence out of you though, although in charity I hope for it.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2014, 11:43:38 PM »
Honestly, quit trying to dissuade these two from their current path.

Leave them to their rather life limiting opinions and actions......that way they scare off any sensible female and get precisely what they deserve.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2014, 11:45:05 PM »

Hey you are acting like he was going to buy a sex slave. The women do it of free will so how is it sexist? Because they "exploit" themselves? That's on them. And ordering them does not even imply a lack of respect for the sex. Maybe in your liberal eyes, but it does not follow logically. I don't expect either honesty, decency, or intelligence out of you though, although in charity I hope for it.

Buying a sex slave is essentially what mail-order brides are. The patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has called the practice an offense against Christ.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2014, 11:46:53 PM »

Again, you know not of what you speak. I have direct experience of dealing with the consequences of the mail-order bride phenomenon, including that of a Godson of mine who thought very much as JamesR did when he sought such a woman.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2014, 11:47:13 PM »

Leave them to their rather life limiting opinions and actions......that way they scare off any sensible female and get precisely what they deserve.

Sensibility is overrated and uninteresting. With any luck, assuming that I do fall in love and don't stay alone forever (although I doubt that), I'll end up with an insensible woman almost as crazy as I am  :)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:20 PM »

If only it were that simple.

As a kid, one of my tasks was to cull the dandelions. If I just pulled them and didn't put down any weed killer, they just came back again.

I am pretty tired of the bad attitudes and bad behavior being let fly on this board. Would it be okay to act that way in church? Then it shouldn't be okay to act that way here.

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:40 PM »

Buying a sex slave is essentially what mail-order brides are. The patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has called the practice an offense against Christ.

Oh that's a real argument! Great job on proving how wise you are! Oh, and how morally superior! Teach me, O wise and virtuous! Please though explain how they are sex slaves. You know not arguing from authority, a fallacy, and not just acting as if your own statements are authoritative....tell me WHY they are "essentially sex slaves". There has to be a reason you see. I'd remind you the basic rules of logic: Define your terms and have premises, not statements.
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2014, 11:50:27 PM »
Biro, LKB. I care. I thought I had a start of a conversation that was interesting for me and perhaps worthwhile for wainscottbl. I replied to a post that I think was admirable, albeit in part. Of course he is clueless about intelligent successful Indian women, from my experience they are out of necessity the opposite of what he envisioned, but his would have come out later.

I would have and still would appreciate critical on comments on posts/thoughts that I have made that are problematic. I always viewed the Family forum as a safe haven, absent of snide, underhanded comments, where one might seek advice. I did not see that here and I will briefly describe my interpretation of this thread. LKB, you were not involved in this. Biro, you were not helpful.

What I saw was wainscottbl being treated as a caricature and a puppet and much of the obscure posts were meant to lure him into a role that we should luring him out of. We are not helping, we are abetting. Since he restarted this thread, who directly and clearly commented on his thoughts other than JamesR? I do not find this funny. Only a total dimwit would not realize that there is much good in him and the same goes for JamesR (but JamesR will be making megabucks once he goes into advertising).

That's enough for now. I am not going to run this into the ground.

Note, that I have not seen the 35  posts that await me.
If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline wainscottbl

• Swine of the Sheep
  • Archon
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2014, 11:50:57 PM »
Note, fool, that I am not saying it is right, only asking how the women are, by nature, sex slaves. You know I can differentiate between two things and all that because I have an above average IQ. But even with an average one you should be able to do that.

This is the Orthodox Family Forum. Polemics, non-Orthodox views and personal attacks have no place here. Your warning is extended by 14 days. If you wish to appeal, do so by PM.

~Arachne, Section Moderator
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:59:22 AM by Arachne »
                                                             -Aristotle

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2014, 11:51:27 PM »

Oh that's a real argument! Great job on proving how wise you are! Oh, and how morally superior! Teach me, O wise and virtuous! Please though explain how they are sex slaves. You know not arguing from authority, a fallacy, and not just acting as if your own statements are authoritative....tell me WHY they are "essentially sex slaves". There has to be a reason you see. I'd remind you the basic rules of logic: Define your terms and have premises, not statements.

Again, are you really bad at reading comprehension?

The head of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has called the practice of mail-order brides an offense against Christ. Take it up with him.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2014, 11:53:37 PM »
Biro, LKB. I care. I thought I had a start of a conversation that was interesting for me and perhaps worthwhile for wainscottbl. I replied to a post that I think was admirable, albeit in part. Of course he is clueless about intelligent successful Indian women, from my experience they are out of necessity the opposite of what he envisioned, but his would have come out later.

I would have and still would appreciate critical on comments on posts/thoughts that I have made that are problematic. I always viewed the Family forum as a safe haven, absent of snide, underhanded comments, where one might seek advice. I did not see that here and I will briefly describe my interpretation of this thread. LKB, you were not involved in this. Biro, you were not helpful.

What I saw was wainscottbl being treated as a caricature and a puppet and much of the obscure posts were meant to lure him into a role that we should luring him out of. We are not helping, we are abetting. Since he restarted this thread, who directly and clearly commented on his thoughts other than JamesR? I do not find this funny. Only a total dimwit would not realize that there is much good in him and the same goes for JamesR (but JamesR will be making megabucks once he goes into advertising).

That's enough for now. I am not going to run this into the ground.

Note, that I have not seen the 35  posts that await me.

I really do need to learn how not to take an hour writing a single reply.
If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2014, 11:53:41 PM »
Buying a sex slave is essentially what mail-order brides are.

No it's not. For one, you don't get as much sex with a wife as you do a slave, and two, she's not my slave but a wife and thus is perfectly free to divorce, boss me around, and do whatever she wants like everybody else. And everything that is mine is hers and should she divorce me, she gets half. I don't "own" her.

The patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has called the practice an offense against Christ.

Isn't he in schism?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:54:01 PM by JamesR »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2014, 11:53:57 PM »
Note, fool, that I am not saying it is right, only asking how the women are, by nature, sex slaves. You know I can differentiate between two things and all that because I have an above average IQ. But even with an average one you should be able to do that.

"If you call a person fool, you shall be in danger of the hell's fire."

Remember who said that?

Our Lord Jesus. Whom this forum is supposed to be about.

Keep doing the name-calling, though. I'm sure it'll help.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »
Buying a sex slave is essentially what mail-order brides are.

No it's not. For one, you don't get as much sex with a wife as you do a slave, and two, she's not my slave but a wife and thus is perfectly free to divorce, boss me around, and do whatever she wants like everybody else. And everything that is mine is hers and should she divorce me, she gets half. I don't "own" her.

The patriarch of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church has called the practice an offense against Christ.

Isn't he in schism?

No.