OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 05:00:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I ? help?  (Read 1020 times) Average Rating: 0
fennik

« on: April 08, 2005, 04:37:53 AM »

My moms boyfreind is dying of brain, liver, lung and spinal cancer and has diabetes. I feel that i should talk with him and tell him to ask Jesus and God for forgivness for his sins then tell him a little about the bible, he was a alcoholic pothead and lived a crazy life...i dont think he is with Jesus or God at the momment. Should i go to him and inform him of forgivness? Do you think Jesus sees his suffering and will accept him into heaven? I'm afraid for him, i dont wanna see him not go to heaven, altho i dont like him, i admire how Juses loved all when he was on this crap planet so i try to do the same, im not sure if i should or should'nt, help?? thanks!! He is very sick, close to death im thinking...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 04:40:30 AM by fennik » Logged

NULL
desertrose

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me .

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 08:19:58 PM »

Dear Fennik,
I am not sure if he is still with us at this writing, but of course you should go and talk with him if he is. Like you said, Jesus loved ALL when he was on this  crap planet. First PRAY that God would guide you through the Holy Spirit to say the right things. Second, GO see him, hug him or squeeze his hand if you can. Third ask him if he knows that Jesus offers forgiveness (even at the last minute- Jesus told the parable of the workers who all get the same pay even the ones that worked only a few hours.) explain to him about confessing sin and pray with him! Fourth no matter how he responds to the above, ask if you can pray for him and with him before you go.
Praying for you and for him!
Desertrose

O Lord, baptize me with love,
Jesus teach me gentleness
Gracious Master remove my fear.
Holy Spirit reveal my sin.
Lord Jesus, help me feel loved.
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 08:56:08 PM »

Yes, speak with him! Don't be too overwhelming in your approach, but do speak about forgiveness with him. Maybe tell him that you know what his failing health means, but that YOU hold no grudges against HIM for anything that could have gone wrong in the course of your time knowing him. Tell him you thought telling him this might put him at ease a bit. Maybe that will help start a conversation on forgiveness, and his need to forgive those around him. Most importantly, pray for him. At the end of life, people can change in ways you'd never expect. Don't give up on him.

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
fennik

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 12:41:55 AM »

My next door neighbor goes to church and is very religious. She came over and asked him if he beleives that Christ died on the cross for him and he said yeah, then she was praying beside him.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 12:42:27 AM by fennik » Logged

NULL
Justionios

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 09:35:33 AM »

Fenik , he has to be batisised too,  to be saved,

tell him about the holy light , about St-thodora of Arkadia and many more of our saints, read orthodox storys to him , show hem the big love of orthodoxy

ΧΑΙΡΕ ΑΝΟΡΘΡΩΣΕΙΣ ΤΩΝ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΩΝ , ΧΑΙΡΕ Κ
lpap

I stopped participating in this forum.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 10:49:18 AM »

Dear brother fennik,

Do not be dread.

Please be with him, you don't have to be by his side. Just pray for him with love even from a distance. Pray for him if you want to, not because you have to. You may not like him but then why are you interested in his salvation ? You must have feelings for him. Let the good ones rise for his interest.

Be honest with him while showing your respect. This is the most important.

May God give you strength.

Life is to live the life of others.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: