OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 04:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fight Church - new documentary  (Read 239 times) Average Rating: 0
john_mo
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« on: April 07, 2014, 06:34:05 AM »

Documentary currently in post-production.  Trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAz2jUOmGlc

Judging by the trailer, it appears this documentary examines the dichotomy between Christianity as a peaceful religion and the violent/competitive world of combat sports.  The deeper message explored seems to be whether today's Christian men have lost their masculinity.  I am interested in it, although I don't know if there will be an Orthodox voice represented.  Does seem to be a Catholic priest, though.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:34:40 AM by john_mo » Logged

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »

Grumpy Orthodox Cat has the answer:

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »

First rule of fight church... Wink

(Insert brad Pitt joke here)

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 10:01:26 AM »

From what I have seen, there is a masculine, fight-y branch of Christianity.  It is called "the Serbian Orthodox Church".
john_mo
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 09:01:08 AM »

Yeah, though I can't imagine any Orthodox clergyman maintaining a build like the guy sin Fight Church.  Just too much fasting (or feasting).

Love is not blind; that is the last thing that it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind.

—G.K. Chesterton
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: