Author Topic: Rich Heir Rapes 3-Year Old Daughter, Gets Probation  (Read 4028 times)

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
Re: Rich Heir Rapes 3-Year Old Daughter, Gets Probation
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
This judge is sending the message its ok to rape

No. The judge is sending the message that it's OK to rape if you have money.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 02:38:18 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2014, 04:19:11 PM »
Doesn't surprise me that a wealthier person would get off easier. I hope the victim recovers and receives the proper therapy and counseling that she needs.

On a somewhat related note, am I a pedophile for being attracted to 14-15 year old High-School freshman girls at Church whom I originally thought were older?
No. A pedophile is attracted to pre-pubescent children. Being attracted to someone under the age of consent but past puberty wouldn't indicate a sexual dysfunction per se. Of course acting on it would lead to prosecution. Age of consent laws differ from state to state.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:20:10 PM by Tallitot »
Proverbs 22:7

Offline jayjay

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2014, 10:29:43 AM »
Maybe he would've fared better with a bullet to the head. 

.308 do the job?????
Expect the best, Prepare for the worst!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
Maybe he would've fared better with a bullet to the head.  

.308 do the job?????

Too expensive.  I think a pistol round would be traditional, but for $5/20 rounds nothing beats 7.62x39, at the moment.  Then bill the family for the quarter the state had to spend to correct their parenting malfunction.

(In the Vamratocracy, they would ideally have to use the state quarter for their respective state to pay for the bullet.  Good luck if this was Connecticut!)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 11:11:11 AM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
On the subject of executions, many times in a firing squad, one of the riflemen will have a blank so that the executioners might have some doubt as to whether they fired a fatal shot.  The Church does have a heavy penance for those that take life.  In a situation like this where there is no proof as to whether or not the executioner actually killed the man (could have been the other four guys), how would this be judged?

A similar instance might be the crew of an artillery piece.  There is no knowledge whether or not their shells hit anyone and not the rest of the battery.  Likewise, most of the crew will not actually be "pulling the trigger", but rather laying the gun (sighting) or loading the shells.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2014, 10:49:32 PM »
On the subject of executions, many times in a firing squad, one of the riflemen will have a blank so that the executioners might have some doubt as to whether they fired a fatal shot.  The Church does have a heavy penance for those that take life.  In a situation like this where there is no proof as to whether or not the executioner actually killed the man (could have been the other four guys), how would this be judged?

I don't know if anyone actually cares about the penances for killing outside of OC.net and blogs like OPF. Byzantine canonists did not penalize soldiers. I doubt modern chaplains do it, either.
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

I don't know if anyone actually cares about the penances for killing outside of OC.net and blogs like OPF. Byzantine canonists did not penalize soldiers. I doubt modern chaplains do it, either.

Do you mean soldiers who had killed in war were not penanced? That's definitely not what I've read, but I'm interested to know your sources.

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »

Do you mean soldiers who had killed in war were not penanced? That's definitely not what I've read, but I'm interested to know your sources.

The gist of what I read from The Virtue of War by Fr. Alexander Webster is that, historically, St. Basil's canon has not been enforced.
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2014, 11:06:55 PM »

The gist of what I read from The Virtue of War by Fr. Alexander Webster is that, historically, St. Basil's canon has not been enforced.

Hm OK. I can probably believe that; after the trauma of combat, it may be too much to deprive someone of communion. But it's not like the canon was ever abolished, so we can't say the Church thinks of certain kinds of killing are just fine.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • Resident breeder-8 kids
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2014, 12:42:53 AM »
This reminds me of a trend that was going on in South Africa as a "folk" cure for AIDS that no one wants to hear about that renders baby girls physically deformed for life (or they die from their injuries). It is called the Virgin Cleansing Myth. Google at your own risk.

Even if he repents, he likely won't be able to live with himself. Rape is never about a need for sexual release/gratification, it is about power, control, and anger.