OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:57:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Orthodox Evangelistic Sites  (Read 2550 times) Average Rating: 0
Ghazar
Byzantine Armenian Christian

"Ghazaros, toors yegoor:" "Lazarus, come forth."

« on: April 02, 2005, 05:17:56 AM »

Can anyone suggest any good Orthodox evangelistic / apolegetic websites.  I'm looking for something to link to on my site which might have a good basic presentation of the Orthodox faith and answers to common objections.

Thanks.

Trusting in Christ's Inextinguishable Light,
Rev. Sub-Deacon Lazarus Der-Ghazarian,
Byzantine Catholic Church, Eparchy of Parma
St. Gregory the Illuminator Institute:
www.looys.net
icxn
Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 07:47:25 AM »

...a good presentation of the Orthodox faith?

Just tell them to get a copy of "The Way of the Pilgrim" and occupy themselves with the Jesus Prayer for a week and they will experience the Orthodox faith firsthand.

icxn

PS. Alternatively you can link to: http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/index.aspx
Fr. David
The Poster Formerly Known as "Pedro"
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA, Diocese of the South

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2005, 12:42:15 PM »

http://www.orthodoxconvert.info/

Priest in the Orthodox Church in America - ordained on March 18, 2012

Oh Taste and See (my defunct blog)

From Protestant to Orthodox (my conversion story)
Augustine
High Elder

pray for me, please

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 05:58:32 PM »

Ghazaros,

Can anyone suggest any good Orthodox evangelistic / apolegetic websites.  I'm looking for something to link to on my site which might have a good basic presentation of the Orthodox faith and answers to common objections.

Consider trying the Orthodox Christian Information Center.  This is one of the best, integral Orthodox information websites I've come across, covering a wide range of topics.  It also has an "inquirers" section, with sub sections dedicated to people coming from specific non-Orthodox backgrounds (Anglicans, Evangelicals, Roman Catholics, etc.)

GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 06:15:35 PM »

The 'Orthodox Christian Information Center' may have information on a wide range of topics, but it too often represents the fringe of Orthodoxy. For well-balanced articles and information from qualified mainstream Orthodox theologians, I'd recommend the 'Our Faith' Section of the GOA's website:

http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
troy

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 09:47:07 PM »

I'll second the "Our Faith" part of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese's site: it was instrumental in teaching me about the Faith. Orthodoxinfo, while certainly on the fringe at times, has some great articles for Protestants seeking the true Faith of the Apostles.
Schism Jumper
Christian

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 09:59:14 PM »

I would suggest the following

Orthodox Christian Booklets by Bp. Alexander
Holy Trinity Mission (textbooks section) by Bp. Alexander

The first site is well-known and has a lot on various subjects, including lives of saints, apologetics, etc. The second site is not so well known, but has an amazing amount of information, including many good books, such as:

"These Truths We Hold"
The Eastern Orthodox Church: It's Thought and Life
The Orthodox Church by Sergei Bulgakov
Byzantine Theology by John Meyendorff
History of the Byzantine Empire by A.A. Vasiliev
Historical Road of Eastern Orthodoxy by Alexander Schmemann
The History of the Orthodox Church by Constantine Callinikos

The 'Orthodox Christian Information Center' may have information on a wide range of topics, but it too often represents the fringe of Orthodoxy.

They have changed their content quite a bit over the past year, taking down many of the more controversial articles that might be considered "fringe". I assume that this is because Mr. Barnes has left the Old Calendarist group that he was with and joined ROCOR, but who knows for sure. In any event, I'd be interested in hearing which articles in particular you believe to be "fringe" at the moment?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 10:05:32 PM by Schism Jumper » Logged

"Show me a free man who is not a slave!  One is a slave to lust, another to greed, another to ambition, and all men are slaves to fear... No servitude is more disgraceful than that which is self-imposed" (Seneca)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: