OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 17, 2014, 07:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flash Player  (Read 156 times) Average Rating: 0
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« on: March 16, 2014, 10:33:21 AM »

I have Windows XP as an operating system.  When I try to connect to Church services on-line from the http://www.goarch.org/chapel/live website via Internet Explorer 8, I get an error message on quite a few websites.  The error message states that we cannot connect to the site and it aplogizes for the inconvience.  Once I saw "error 1009" show up.  I googled it and could not find a cure, but someone suggested using Firefox.  I tried that and now I can view the services via Firefox.  Does anyone know if this is a Internet Explorer 8 issue or if it is a Flash Player issue?
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 07:27:49 PM »

Using Internet Explorer, can you view the YouTube website?  any YouTube content?

Are you using the latest version of the Flash Player?

Could you be blocking Flash content with Internet Explorer?

FYI, Microsoft will stop supporting Windows XP in the next month or so.
Gamliel
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:22:05 PM »

I can view youtube with IE, although I can only view part of the explanation below the video.  After clicking, "more," I cannot get anymore information with IE, but I can with Firefox.  I will have to check if I have the latest version of Flash Player.  Thanks.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »

I can view youtube with IE, although I can only view part of the explanation below the video.  After clicking, "more," I cannot get anymore information with IE, but I can with Firefox.  I will have to check if I have the latest version of Flash Player.  Thanks.

Internet Explorer 8 is almost 5 years old and may not support modern Internet features.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: