OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 06:52:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Trinity Orthodox School  (Read 1242 times) Average Rating: 0
Theodoros

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« on: March 28, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »

Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this has already been posted but... I've come across this excellent website that I wanted to share with everyone. It's from the ROCA. It's still in the works but it has a great textbook section with fabulous readings.

http://www.holytrinitymission.org/index.php

Enjoy

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »

It certainly does have a lot of resources, and I suspect a few Copyright infringements as well, but in any case, it's a pretty good place to find of some harder to locate works (e.g. the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English, and some of the Collected Works of Fr. Florovsky).

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »

But the sections on the canons -your expertise, greekischristian- are not as easily read as they might be.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:46:28 PM »

They certainly have organized it better, but at least the information is there, despite looking for a couple years now, I have been unable to find a copy of the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English anywhere else (but at least I have got it in Greek)...now if they want to be really helpful they could translate the Six Volumes of the +ú+¦++-ä+¦+¦+++¦, but that's probably a bit beyond the scope of their project Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:06:53 PM »

They certainly have organized it better, but at least the information is there, despite looking for a couple years now, I have been unable to find a copy of the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English anywhere else (but at least I have got it in Greek)...now if they want to be really helpful they could translate the Six Volumes of the +ú+¦++-ä+¦+¦+++¦, but that's probably a bit beyond the scope of their project Wink
I would certainly HOPE that you have it in Greek!
I just do not fully trust any English translation unless I am told which sources were used.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »

Yeah you gotta be careful, lest the commentary of Ma-crock-is find its way in.

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: