OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 06:55:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we have a date! (updated after the event)  (Read 2483 times) Average Rating: 0
aurelia
High Elder

« on: March 28, 2005, 04:35:06 PM »

My children get baptised and i get crismated on April 23. There is a ton to do, so wish me luck!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 11:35:00 AM by aurelia » Logged
irene

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »

Aurelia,

I was just about to go offline when i read your posts, and felt so very happy for you.   Wanted to congratulate you!

That is great news!!!!!

It didn't take very long, too, did it?    Or am i mistaken?

Irene 
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:47:40 AM »

Thank you Irene!  No it didnt take long (in the vast scheme of things) at all...and the reasoning for the date is that the bishop said that way we as a family can take full part in Holy week. Nice, huh?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 07:48:16 AM by aurelia » Logged
Pravoslavbob
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Sisoes the Great

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:37:51 PM »

Congratulations!

Many years to you and your kids!!!!

:wave2:

Bob

Religion is a disease, and Orthodoxy is its cure.
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

OC.net

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 02:29:36 PM »

Awesome!
God grant you all many years!
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:04:49 AM »

aurelia, congratulations!  (Great day to do it, too, my birthday!  ;-) )

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 04:59:33 PM »

Thank you! I'm in a tizzy because it is lazarus sat, and they are going to have the morning service, then they are making palms, which i wanted to do but looks like i cant, and then we are at 2 (ish) i think, and there is also a lunch that day for the church school, and how am i going to have a small after baptism thing if there is nowhere to have it? *aahh!* LOL, I'll figure it out, there is time.

and happy early birthday, ania !!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 04:59:57 PM by aurelia » Logged
BrotherAidan
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

OC.net

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 11:19:33 AM »

Lazarus Sat was my chrismation day!
irene

OC.net

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 12:07:56 PM »

Hi Aurelia,

The day is fast approaching.   You must be counting the minutes!   I am so happy for you.

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family, and praying.   It's going to be awesome!

Irene
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 07:06:32 AM »

Thank you so much! two days to go..nervous but excited.  They (all the godparents and Fr and such) have insisted to take us all out after for a celebration.  Rather overwhelming, really.
irene

OC.net

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2005, 11:23:09 AM »

Well?Huh??

Waiting to hear!!!!!  You are probably off in the clouds somewhere, lol

Irene 
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 11:34:38 AM »

For lack of a better phrase...O M G...what a thing! I never expected so many people to show up, it was beautiful, it was moving, and everyone said they had never seen anything like it! Memorable incidents: one boy kept saying "no bath! no bath!" the other one peed in the font, gave his godparents a very physical workout (30 opdd punds of fighting wiry boy) and said "help me mommy" when Fr announced something along the lines of "you are all now members of Gods family" or however he put it. (we al just fell on the floor with that one). The girls looked gorgeous in their dresses, and were very sweet through the whole thing. My nouna cried when i got comunnion (she did yesterday too), and yes floating pretty much describes it. The boy that was saying no bath wanted to hold his candle, and at the end fought for it with his godmother, and before she could blow it out he got some wax on his eyelid and cheek. He's fine though, but i didnt get to really hear what Fr was saying because we were trying to assess the situation without alarming everyone. Dinner was at a fantastic little restaurant, and i am overwhelmed and blown away by the love and generosity from this community. we all crashed at the end of the day. All in all it was a good day. Azn
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 11:36:32 AM by aurelia » Logged
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 01:06:49 PM »

Sounds about right. Everyone talks about Greek weddings...but it is the baptisms that are the really big deal.

Congratulations.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
irene

OC.net

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 02:43:05 PM »

Hi Aurelia.

I was smiling ear to ear reading your post.   I am very happy for you and your family.   Sounds like a day you will never forget!  I admire the road you've taken.    You are a sister to me, and one that I can keep in mind as one that has gone before me.    I hope to become Chrismated one of these days, hopefully within the next year.    We also have other things in our lives in common, and that has been inspirational to me as well, to keep going in this direction.

Congratulations again!
Irene 
aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 08:26:55 AM »

Thank you irene!  I feel the same way every time i read one of your posts! **hugs**  you can always pm me if you like...  Azn
aurelia
irene

OC.net

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 03:09:47 PM »

Thanks, Aurelia.   Congratulations again to you and your children!

Irene 
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: