Author Topic: Holy Trinity Orthodox School  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Theodoros

Holy Trinity Orthodox School
« on: March 28, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »
Hi everyone,

Forgive me if this has already been posted but... I've come across this excellent website that I wanted to share with everyone. It's from the ROCA. It's still in the works but it has a great textbook section with fabulous readings.

http://www.holytrinitymission.org/index.php

Enjoy
Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
Re: Holy Trinity Orthodox School
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »
It certainly does have a lot of resources, and I suspect a few Copyright infringements as well, but in any case, it's a pretty good place to find of some harder to locate works (e.g. the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English, and some of the Collected Works of Fr. Florovsky).

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »
But the sections on the canons -your expertise, greekischristian- are not as easily read as they might be.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline GiC

• Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:46:28 PM »
They certainly have organized it better, but at least the information is there, despite looking for a couple years now, I have been unable to find a copy of the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English anywhere else (but at least I have got it in Greek)...now if they want to be really helpful they could translate the Six Volumes of the +ú+¦++-ä+¦+¦+++¦, but that's probably a bit beyond the scope of their project ;)

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:06:53 PM »
They certainly have organized it better, but at least the information is there, despite looking for a couple years now, I have been unable to find a copy of the +á+¦+¦+¦+++¦++++ in English anywhere else (but at least I have got it in Greek)...now if they want to be really helpful they could translate the Six Volumes of the +ú+¦++-ä+¦+¦+++¦, but that's probably a bit beyond the scope of their project ;)
I would certainly HOPE that you have it in Greek!
I just do not fully trust any English translation unless I am told which sources were used.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • St. Chrysostomos the New
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 01:54:32 PM »
Yeah you gotta be careful, lest the commentary of Ma-crock-is find its way in.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.